Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

lazyboy97o

How are the crowds going to die down when they haven't invested in building up the area with other rides to pick up the slack? It's going to bring in an onslaught of kids, a demographic that has never been strong nor targeted for WS. WS is an adult section of the park that was designed that way, and was successful. This is bringing a whole new element to WS it hasn't had before and frankly, isn't prepared for. There are no other attractions in the area to bring the kids in to take the heat off of Norway. People are going to go to WS specifically for Frozen, nothing else. There's nowhere else for them to go in the area. It's not like any part of the property.

Ae you suggesting Disney has never underestimated, or figured wrong for their parks? Really?
And yet even with all of the new attention and long lines, the ride will still probably score poorly for guest satisfaction. People don't like long waits for short rides.

Captain Chaos

In The Three Caballeros movie Donald is an American character who learns about Mexican and South American culture throughout the course of the film. The whole premise is each present he opens teaches him another thing. He represents the American movie audience. In the ride, as in the movie, he is shown as an American tourist seeing Mexican sights and places.

It would be one thing if Donald himself was presented as a part of Mexican culture, but he's not.
The ride is showcasing MEXICAN SIGHTS AND PLACES, which fits exactly into the mission statement of World Showcase, AS WRITTEN OUT BY THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY. Sure, there is too much focus Donald's shenanigans, but that doesn't take away from the fact that, as a guest on the ride, you RIDE THROUGH MEXICO.

You get to see MEXICO. When you hop on that boat to ride Frozen, you are NOT being taken into NORWAY. Instead, you'll be guided through the songs and story of FROZEN. Absolutely NOTHING about NORWAY. Why is this so hard to understand for the defenders?????

BigTxEars

How are the crowds going to die down when they haven't invested in building up the area with other rides to pick up the slack? It's going to bring in an onslaught of kids, a demographic that has never been strong nor targeted for WS. WS is an adult section of the park that was designed that way, and was successful. This is bringing a whole new element to WS it hasn't had before and frankly, isn't prepared for. There are no other attractions in the area to bring the kids in to take the heat off of Norway. People are going to go to WS specifically for Frozen, nothing else. There's nowhere else for them to go in the area. It's not like any part of the property.

Ae you suggesting Disney has never underestimated, or figured wrong for their parks? Really?

Crowds will die down as the new factor wears off and the craze over Frozen dies down as all crazes do. I certainly don't think the fear of crowds should keep from them building a attraction. In fact it should be a indication that they are headed down the right path by building that attraction.

Of course Disney has screwed up in the past, who has not. But I do think they are planning how to handle the crowds as this develops. They have a much better understanding of what is going to happen with the pavilion and the ride so I will defer to them in how to plan for the crowds. The way I look at it if the lines is long enough to reach Mexico I can sip on some margaritas while I wait. :)

Animaniac93-98

The ride is showcasing MEXICAN SIGHTS AND PLACES, which fits exactly into the mission statement of World Showcase, AS WRITTEN OUT BY THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY. Sure, there is too much focus Donald's shenanigans, but that doesn't take away from the fact that, as a guest on the ride, you RIDE THROUGH MEXICO.

You get to see MEXICO. When you hop on that boat to ride Frozen, you are NOT being taken into NORWAY. Instead, you'll be guided through the songs and story of FROZEN. Absolutely NOTHING about NORWAY. Why is this so hard to understand for the defenders?????

I don't disagree. There's a difference in this case between having a tour of a country with a cartoon character and suggesting said character is a part of the country's culture.

But some people just see toons, so they're equally bad, which is where I disagree.

lazyboy97o

Crowds will die down as the new factor wears off and the craze over Frozen dies down as all crazes do. I certainly don't think the fear of crowds should keep from them building a attraction. In fact it should be a indication that they are headed down the right path by building that attraction.

Of course Disney has screwed up in the past, who has not. But I do think they are planning how to handle the crowds as this develops. They have a much better understanding of what is going to happen with the pavilion and the ride so I will defer to them in how to plan for the crowds. The way I look at it if the lines is long enough to reach Mexico I can sip on some margaritas while I wait. :)
Somebody else want to point out that Walt Disney World crowd control is not noted as being highly effective?

BigTxEars

Panchito's the Mexican connection, Donald and Jose are just along for the ride.

Jose....did somebody say Jose??????

15pr9dh.jpg

220 hits and climbing :)

So I am claiming that Olaf is made from real life Norwegian snow (there is your link!) and the girls are along for the ride. :)

misterID

This will be the Peter Pan of WS. How long has that attraction been open? How long are the wait times? Last week the wait time for Splash Mountain was 15 minutes. Peter Pan was 2 hours. Maelstrom's ride capacity is horrible. The location for a major draw is even worse. There is nothing to help pull in the excessive crowds. There's nowhere else for these kids, who this ride will be targeted towards, to go other than maybe Imagination? This matters. It's not just the IP, the ride is going to be a heavily advertised attraction for EPCOT, like one of the big EPCOT attractions, meaning, it's going to be one of the most popular attractions for the park for a very long time. Until they start announcing new attractions in and around WS, this problem isn't going to die down.

As you pontificated earlier on, Disney is going to ride this IP into the ground, and save money doing it...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why cause it is the truth and it kills your argument too? Makes you wake up and realize how wrong you and the others are? Dislike all you want. Just proves you and your kind have no argument. You and your ilk just cannot handle the facts and the truth. You all have had your arguments blown up. Right in your faces.

haha...you are funny because you think you know what side of the argument I am on. I disliked your post because the beginning and end of it were unnecessarily rude. And a bit elitist.

Last edited:

BigTxEars

Welp.. thanks for confirming what we suspected for like 10+ pages. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
You're a really elaborated troll just trying to rile up people.

By posting a record setting baseball player or saying that Olaf is made from Norwegian snow?

Ease up a bit, it's all in good nature. Might want to take you readiness to pouch down peg or two......like I said this is not that serious a matter to everyone as it seems to be to some on here.

BigTxEars

This will be the Peter Pan of WS. How long has that attraction been open? How long are the wait times? Last week the wait time for Splash Mountain was 15 minutes. Peter Pan was 2 hours. Maelstrom's ride capacity is horrible. The location for a major draw is even worse. There is nothing to help pull in the excessive crowds. There's nowhere else for these kids, who this ride will be targeted towards, to go other than maybe Imagination? This matters. It's not just the IP, the ride is going to be a heavily advertised attraction for EPCOT, like one of the big EPCOT attractions, meaning, it's going to be one of the most popular attractions for the park for a very long time. Until they start announcing new attractions in and around WS, this problem isn't going to die down.

As you pontificated earlier on, Disney is going to ride this IP into the ground, and save money doing it...

The Frozen craze will die down, the ride's new factor will wear off and the crowds will drop from the initial craziness IMO. But like I said if they don't then scoreboard Disney for replacing a attraction with one many times more popular. Giving guest what they want is their job right?

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles crowds there. Do you think they will open with just the standard crowd movement plans in place? I just don't see that happening myself.

Captain Chaos

I don't disagree. There's a difference in this case between having a tour of a country with a cartoon character and suggesting said character is a part of the country's culture.

But some people just see toons, so they're equally bad, which is where I disagree.
I don't think you'd see this huge an uproar if, say, they used the Frozen characters to tell the story of Norway. The uproar is over the ride coming a retelling of Frozen. Would it be ideal? No. But would be more acceptable.

My own personal opinion, I don't like characters in World Showcase. But, the M&G's don't bother me cause the characters are at least associated with the country they meet in. I don't care much for the Three Cabelleros in Gran Fiesta Tour, but it doesn't bother me so much because at least the ride fits into the theme of World Showcase (which we don't need to rehash again). and I wouldn't be 100% against this decision if the new Norway ride was what I detailed above.

BigTxEars

haha...you are funny because you think you know what side of the argument I am on. I disliked your post because the beginning and end of it were unnecessarily rude. And a bit elitist.

Who are you replying too? Your post is showing up as a new post and not a reply is why I ask.

Captain Chaos

What is elitist about it? The truth can hurt sometimes. And the truth hurt him that Flynn destroyed his argument. And I just finished it off. Yes, he is just mad that he lost an argument he was sure he would win. He didn't. And rude? Nah... Want rude? I can do rude. You have no idea what rude is if you think that post was rude.

Mike S

I don't think you'd see this huge an uproar if, say, they used the Frozen characters to tell the story of Norway. The uproar is over the ride coming a retelling of Frozen. Would it be ideal? No. But would be more acceptable.

My own personal opinion, I don't like characters in World Showcase. But, the M&G's don't bother me cause the characters are at least associated with the country they meet in. I don't care much for the Three Cabelleros in Gran Fiesta Tour, but it doesn't bother me so much because at least the ride fits into the theme of World Showcase (which we don't need to rehash again). and I wouldn't be 100% against this decision if the new Norway ride was what I detailed above.
As a fan of both Maelstrom and Frozen a ride where they take you on a tour of Norway still wouldn't sit right with me. I would want a bigger Frozen attraction in a more appropriate place and Maelstrom to receive the update it deserves. I ask for too much I know.

Captain Chaos

As a fan of both Maelstrom and Frozen a ride where they take on a tour of Norway still wouldn't sit right with me. I would want a bigger Frozen attraction in a more appropriate place and Maelstrom to receive the update it deserves. I ask for too much I know.
using the characters in the manner I described would allow Disney to create that bigger Frozen attraction in a more appropriate place. Doing what they are doing now destroys that. But, hey, we all know that already.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What is elitist about it? The truth can hurt sometimes. And the truth hurt him that Flynn destroyed his argument. And I just finished it off. Yes, he is just mad that he lost an argument he was sure he would win. He didn't. And rude? Nah... Want rude? I can do rude. You have no idea what rude is if you think that post was rude.

I have no doubt in my mind you can take the rudeness up a notch.

And he who wins an argument should not go and then rub the other person's face in it (as well as those who may agree with him), even if he may be asking for it.

misterID

The Frozen craze will die down, the ride's new factor will wear off and the crowds will drop from the initial craziness IMO. But like I said if they don't then scoreboard Disney for replacing a attraction with one many times more popular. Giving guest what they want is their job right?

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles crowds there. Do you think they will open with just the standard crowd movement plans in place? I just don't see that happening myself.
It's not just the IP, it's going to be advertised as an EPCOT headliner, that in itself is going to draw crowds in. Right now you know Norway has a ride because it's on the park map. It's also a ride targeted specifically at kids. WS isn't a section of park targeted at children, and probably not the best spot for kids. More importantly, the location simply limits what they're capable of doing in regards to crowd control. They're sticking frozen on top of a ride and ride system that already has a lot of problems and a plot of land that does not lend itself well to large crowds. When there are large crowds at WS Maelstrom is a nightmare. When a ride is a headliner the crowds will not die. It will be a face of the park that's meant to bring people in.

They used to give guests what they didn't know they wanted. They destroyed Imagination, that's not what the fans wanted. When the fans threw a fit (instead of giving up with "business is business" that's been suggested) not accepting crap, Disney listened and returned Figment to EPCOT... even if it's still in that horrible ride.

They can give people what they want with Frozen. But do it right if you're going to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom