Disney Clothes

CThaddeus

I didn't know that Disney had a Factory Outlet. I'll have to see if we've got any close by. It's worth a shot anyway. :0) Thanks for the input. Lisa

There are at least two discount Disney stores within a five mile drive of Disney World. I usually buy the bulk of my souvenirs at them, as the prices are often pretty incredible. Granted, the stuff may be last year's selections from the Parks, but if I can buy two Haunted Mansion shirts for $10 there, you can bet I won't be paying $20 each for them in the Parks.

Disclaimer: I still end up buying t-shirts and such in the Parks, if its something I didn't see at the discount stores and I just "can't live without it." But I would say a good 95% of what I buy is from the outlets.

Macday000

i just got this shirt

4yrgux2.jpg

:sohappy:

tink68

I have bought alot of stuff at disneyshopping.com. They have reg price and an outlet dept and I have found quite a few things over the year at good prices. But everyone is right about shopping at DW-nothing beats it! :wave:

Ella's Mommy

I was just at my local Disney store yesterday and they had 2 pretty large sections full of Adult clothes. They had some really cute stuff for men and women. But I went in there cause they had baby clothes on sale. They have some really cute onsies with diffenrent characters on them and they were 25% off of $9.50. Good deal:sohappy:

Nansafan

Aren't the Disney stores owned by the Children's Place now? I remember reading that a few years ago. Regarding the Woodfield Mall Disney store, when the store moved to the location it is at now, it was changed to a Disney Play store. This we were told by the store manager (my sister was interviewing to work there.) The Disney store at Golf Mill Mall in Niles is slightly better than the Woodfield store but not by much. My brother was looking to buy an outfit for our nephew's first birthday and could find no infant boy type clothes. There was plenty of infant girl clothes and some 3-5 size boys clothes but no infant to 2T type stuff. If he wanted to get Jared pj's, fine, just no outside type clothes. We ended up at Sears and he got him a great outfit.

hcswingfield

I have bought alot of stuff at disneyshopping.com. They have reg price and an outlet dept and I have found quite a few things over the year at good prices. But everyone is right about shopping at DW-nothing beats it! :wave:

The great thing about disneyshopping.com is the customized clothing. We've been able to create really great T-shirts for our trips to the parks - choosing our favorite artwork and adding our names and other phrases. People are constantly asking us where we bought them. And the T-shirts are good quality and last a long time.

I don't know what your preference is in the kind of disney stuff you are looking for, but I have found that I like my stuff to have more of a vintage feel to them, and there is a company called Disney Couture that make some awesome shirts for women.
There are a couple of websites that I know that offer this brand, but if you just do a web search of the name Disney Couture you will find some sites. However, the stuff is a little expensive-like $25 and up for shirts. It's expensive, but you are likely to pay this price or more if you wait to buy your stuff at the parks.
Hope this helps!!!:wave:

Kristamouse

I know some of you will probally not agree with me but I found most of the Disney Store selection to be a very frumpy style and fit. I am not talking about belly baring tops and skin tight top and pants but just a little more fitted and the style were childish in big sizes. Yes, I know we are all kids at heart in WDW but I don't dress like my 2 year old DD. Believe it or not but Hot Topic had some super cute tops for Women with Jessica Rabbit, Bambi, Cindy, Alice, Areil etc. They are also a more fitted style and much less sloppy. The tee are vintage style, very trendy and very cute. In fact I had a diffcult time picking two out. I got Jessica Rabbit tee saying: I'm not bad just drawn that way.

islesgirl

Somebody already mentioned this and its true. The Disney Store isn't owned by the Disney Company. It is owned by The Children's Place, hence the focus on children's clothing. My Disney Store in NY (Long Island) has recently had a few more adults products. They had some cute ladies shirts that said things like "Bibbity Boppity Boo" When I went the other day they had some adult shirts with sketches of the characters. 2 tees for $25. But yea, the main reason for the change in merchandise is because of the change in ownership

goalman43

Yeah I would definitley say go to disneyshopping.com. They dont usually have a great selection of stuff for men, but they do have a ton of women's stuff that my wife loves. Either way their selection (for men and women) is loads better than the Disney Store. I have rarely been able to find anything decent there. its all just tacky. I'm also a little dissapointed to see that disneyshopping.com now has a Disney Store section. I'm hoping that The Disney Store will not be taking over all the merchandise online now.

WDWJenn

The Mempho disney store does stink!

This might not be the right place to complain about this, but what the heck. Here goes! I was recently in a Disney Store looking for clothes to buy for my trip to WDW in Oct. There wasn't much of a selection. The sales person told me that in this area (Memphis, TN) the demand was not there. So I'm very sad that I can't buy attire to wear on my trip. I've got a catalog but the selection is very slim. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Lisa :(

My fiance and I stop at the Memphis store every morning before we drive out for our trips. I know what ya mean about the selection! We've started looking at e-bay at disneyshopping.com also,
If you're handy with photo shop you can make your own t designs and do iron ons. My parents do professional iron ons so maybe I have the upper hand, but if you follow the directions.. it's a piece of cake.
:sohappy:

disneytopdog

The Disney Store at The Parks Mall in Arlington Texas is an embarassment. Its dirty and the clothes and merchandise selection is horrible. I used to stop in there every time I went to the mall. Now I hardly look at the place as I walk by.

SallyfromDE

The Disney Store is owned by the Childrens Store and thier expertise is childrens clothing. I think their selection is much improved over what Disney had done to destroy the store in it's last years. I get items from Kmart, Walmart, Sears, Penneys. I have searched on line and found things. I also take generic items and embellish them with Disney.

Somebody already mentioned this and its true. The Disney Store isn't owned by the Disney Company. It is owned by The Children's Place, hence the focus on children's clothing. My Disney Store in NY (Long Island) has recently had a few more adults products. They had some cute ladies shirts that said things like "Bibbity Boppity Boo" When I went the other day they had some adult shirts with sketches of the characters. 2 tees for $25. But yea, the main reason for the change in merchandise is because of the change in ownership

i work at the Disney Store in Roosevelt Field! where on LI are you?

Minnesota

The closest Disney Store to me is at the Mall of America. It used to be chalked full of great art work and scenes from the movies but they redid it a year ago or so. I was lucky enough to happen to be there the day it reopened. I think I made the manager mad when she said " how do you like the new store? I said Bring back the old one with the plush mountain and art work." I have found and bought Pirates jeans, Tinkerbelle jeans, and jeans with art work on them. But if you are over a size 12 forget any pants or skirts there. My son has every pirate shirt they make now and loves them. It is getting SLOWLY better for adult choices this last 6 months but gone are the days I could go and spend 200$ there on myself and get stuff that lasted. I have ordered from Disneyshopping.com not clothing though, a cuckoooclock and a Mickey entertainment center both VERY nice. The one shirt I did order from there I purchased an adult XL, wore it once, washed it, hung it dry, and now my 7 year old daughter wears it. NO kidding! Guess I'll just have to save up from December cause all I wear is Disney stuff. My friends, family, co-workers, and others all think I am a freak:lol:

Teenchy

Somebody already mentioned this and its true. The Disney Store isn't owned by the Disney Company. It is owned by The Children's Place, hence the focus on children's clothing.

But yea, the main reason for the change in merchandise is because of the change in ownership

I didnt know this but that explains the change in all the stores in our area. Perhaps I'm not the usual Disney shopper...or for that fact many of us on these boards..but I used to buy adult stuff all the time at the "old style" Disney stores. For Birthdays, Christmas, etc, I would spend $100's of dollars a year.

I would think though that if they were making money back than that they would not have made the change...unless just the overall selling in comapny owned stores was not a big money maker and it made more sense for Disney to sell off its stores to Childrens Palace....sort of like out sourcing. No medical...etc, etc.

dixiegirl

The closest Disney Store to me is at the Mall of America. It used to be chalked full of great art work and scenes from the movies but they redid it a year ago or so. I was lucky enough to happen to be there the day it reopened. I think I made the manager mad when she said " how do you like the new store? I said Bring back the old one with the plush mountain and art work." I have found and bought Pirates jeans, Tinkerbelle jeans, and jeans with art work on them. But if you are over a size 12 forget any pants or skirts there. My son has every pirate shirt they make now and loves them. It is getting SLOWLY better for adult choices this last 6 months but gone are the days I could go and spend 200$ there on myself and get stuff that lasted. I have ordered from Disneyshopping.com not clothing though, a cuckoooclock and a Mickey entertainment center both VERY nice. The one shirt I did order from there I purchased an adult XL, wore it once, washed it, hung it dry, and now my 7 year old daughter wears it. NO kidding! Guess I'll just have to save up from December cause all I wear is Disney stuff. My friends, family, co-workers, and others all think I am a freak:lol:

Well at least now I don't feel so bad, I bought a jiminny cricket shirt last year through disneyshopping , wore it couple of times.....went to go put it on couple weeks ago, my 6 year old is wearing it!!!!

Their sizes I find are all off ...never the same...

wedway71

Well im gonna catch some flack with this one but here it goes anyway....

Ok I for one have been following Disney Store for many many years since it opened up. I have seen the ups and downs and different store prototypes change as often as I change my underwear.I was hoping to use my extensive retail mgt backround with Target and now im a Human Resouces Mgr for a very large retail company to land a Executive Mgt role with Disney Store or Consumer Products but since they sold to TCP -im going to focus on Disney parks and Resorts Merchandise.

Ok heres my feelings about DS not selling any or small amounts of adult merchandise.Disney is not a dumb company even though they make us mad when they do things we dont like.If adult merchandise was selling all that great then they would have kept it.Disney like Target and many other retail companies use whats called " space to sales". If a Mickey shirt accounted for 3% of the total sales of the store then it would or should get about 3% of the sales floor space. So to group it to make it easier lets say a DS had 15% of the sales floor space for adult merchandise. Now lets say the adult merchandise accounted for 5% of the total store sales???? The DS would then reduce floor space by 10% to warrent making room for items which sold more like..........plush and kid stuff.

Now as much as I loved going to DS and LOOKING I dont recall doing much BUYING.So as sad as it is DS would not stop carrying adult merchandise if it sold..... and before some come back with"hey wait I bought stuff" was it enough to keep the ENTIRE Chain going.

Just my 2 cents worth.:wave:

bluefaery

Somebody already mentioned this and its true. The Disney Store isn't owned by the Disney Company. It is owned by The Children's Place, hence the focus on children's clothing. But yea, the main reason for the change in merchandise is because of the change in ownership

Although this is true, I have about 20+ shirts that I have found at the Disney Store in size 2x for woman and I haven't had any problems. Then again, I am shopping in Austin, Texas. Different locations probably have different items for sale. I also shop at the Disney outlet which is about 25 minutes away. They always have adult t-shirts on sale for $4.99. I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom