Disney Clothes

islesgirl

I agree that you can sometimes find adult sizes but usually the selection is small, which I think is what everyone is upset about. I think you have to just be in the store at the right time.

I am from Massapequa Long Island. I shop mainly at the Sunrise store because its close and my friend works there, which is also how I knew about Children's Place owning Disney Store

Minnesota

You guys are all great. I don't feel like such a freak for my obsession. Now please someone direct me to the nearest Disney outlet mall. I never knew they even had one. They have closed many disney stores in our state. :shrug:

WDWJenn

Not trying to be a thread killer.....

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
This is just really funny to me... So, I posted my comment this morning.. then I realized that this thread was started in 2002.... by my fiance's ex girlfriend. He brought it up.. and I was like "i saw that thread" then he told me and I just busted out laughing. She doesn't spend any time on here anymore and the account is registered to his e-mail address.

Strangest thread revivial ever, for me.

Not bitter... just ammused.

At the mall I work at in South Jersey, the Disney Store is actually really nice. They have adult cloths and kids cloths, more kids though. But I bought 3 new disney tee shirts for like $4.00 each on sale. I always go in there on my breaks and get excited....96 days to go.

shoppingnut

The DS and WDW adult clothing has gone so far down hill over the past 5 years that I rarely ever come home with anything from either place.

The DS's adult merchandise was very nice when they first started the line, but as the years progressed, the merchandise quality started going down and I stopped buying it. They used to have a nice selection of gifts and recall buying things there all the time, but then they started selling the same merchandise in discount stores like Toys r us and walmart for less money which was the same exact product. Well it doesn't take a genuis to figure out that I'm going to buy the item at a discount.

The choice of WDW adult merchandise is horrendous. I was just there last week and I can tell you that I bought NOTHING for myself at WDW. All the merchandise that was of any interest to me seemed to be in those teen sizes. And I love what they call "adult" size merchandise, I want to know what adult most of this stuff fits, because it's not me. I'm not a big person, but not a toothpick either. I will not buy men's t-shirts as they are way too long and prefer a woman's cut that is shorter and not down to my knees. I want shirts that have some give in them and don't cling to me which they seemed to have stopped making. Whoever is designing this merchandise doesn't have clue one about sizing and while WDW is selling all this teen crap, they are missing out on selling to a large segment of their customers because if I went home buying nothing, I'm sure there are many others just like me.

Wedway71, I fully understand your number crunching floor space to selling merchandise theory which I recall well from my merchandising courses. However, there is one thing you are failing to take into consideration, why are your sales dropping with adult merchandise. Is it because you bring out the same silly t-shirts every year, did you do research on what the adult market is looking for, is their something wrong with the fit or style of the clothing. These are all things you need to look at along with the numbers, you can't go purely by numbers.

Jayhawkie

OK here goes-- I use to work at the Dstore. I started working there in 92 and stayed for seven years. When I was there they had basic T"s in five different characters for both adults and kids. THey had one style in the spring and one style in the fall. When the spring ones were going to come out they would put the fall ones on sale and vice versa. THey also had embroidered pocket t's for both. All of the shirts sold extremely well. Also they had short sets for adult and different groups of clothes for the adult set same for kids. THe unfortunate thing is at the time Pooh was extremely popular and most of the sets would feature Pooh. occasionally the sets would feature MM but the clothes wouldn't be as cute as the Pooh ones so they didn't sell as well. At first the basics were the only tshirts we had then tyhey started makiing every Pooh family shirt under the sun in every different way and so people stopped buying the clothes. I wish that they would have listened to the castmembers about what they neede to do but ohy no we didn't know what we were talking about!!!

kennyj29

I usually buy my tshirts at Disney. My husband is X Large, I'm XX Large and my daughter is XXXLarge. We have no trouble getting shirts at Disney. However, I've also bought on EBay and I have to tell you I've done so good on that sight. I never overpay for a shirt and I've never had trouble. When my mother in law wanted a grumpy t shirt for Christmas and I couldn't get down to Disney (she told us after we got back) I found it on EBay and it was great! Just thought I'd let you know!

shoppingnut

OK here goes-- I use to work at the Dstore. I started working there in 92 and stayed for seven years. When I was there they had basic T"s in five different characters for both adults and kids. THey had one style in the spring and one style in the fall. When the spring ones were going to come out they would put the fall ones on sale and vice versa. THey also had embroidered pocket t's for both. All of the shirts sold extremely well. Also they had short sets for adult and different groups of clothes for the adult set same for kids. THe unfortunate thing is at the time Pooh was extremely popular and most of the sets would feature Pooh. occasionally the sets would feature MM but the clothes wouldn't be as cute as the Pooh ones so they didn't sell as well. At first the basics were the only tshirts we had then tyhey started makiing every Pooh family shirt under the sun in every different way and so people stopped buying the clothes. I wish that they would have listened to the castmembers about what they neede to do but ohy no we didn't know what we were talking about!!!

I had forgotten about all the adult merchandise having pooh all over it and sorry to the folks who love him, but I do not like pooh. Disney seemed to have forgotten who their main character was MICKEY. And, still to this day, they never got with the program that adult women want princess and tinkerbell merchandise too, you see all this great stuff for kids but not adults. I know Disney is very stupid and hardheaded when it comes to listening to its employees who are on the front lines with the customer, and that has been and still is their biggest area where they could improve their profits without paying $$$'s for research.

ThinkTink721

This might not be the right place to complain about this, but what the heck. Here goes! I was recently in a Disney Store looking for clothes to buy for my trip to WDW in Oct. There wasn't much of a selection. The sales person told me that in this area (Memphis, TN) the demand was not there. So I'm very sad that I can't buy attire to wear on my trip. I've got a catalog but the selection is very slim. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Lisa :(
Wal-Mart has started to carry a good selection of WDW clothing.
Especially for little girls (Tink, Minnie, Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, Pooh, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella & other princesses, etc.)
I have seen POTC & Mickey shirts for boys.
I have also seen (and purchased) Disney t-shirts in the women's department.
They have offered Tink, Mickey, Minnie, POTC, Grumpy, Chip & Dale, The Little Mermaid, etc.
Hope this helps!
:D :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom