Disney Clothes

shortnsassy725

Original Poster
This might not be the right place to complain about this, but what the heck. Here goes! I was recently in a Disney Store looking for clothes to buy for my trip to WDW in Oct. There wasn't much of a selection. The sales person told me that in this area (Memphis, TN) the demand was not there. So I'm very sad that I can't buy attire to wear on my trip. I've got a catalog but the selection is very slim. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Lisa :(

Thespis

I know Walmart, Kmart and JC Penny's all sell Disney clothing. Target may as well. Unfortunately, the best selection of adult Disney clothes is probably at WDW or in the catalogue.

Monorail Lime

Sadly, most of the products at the Disney Stores are now aimed at young kids and especially young girls. If you've got an 8 year old who needs Ariel pajamas it's great, but otherwise us adults are out of luck. At least it makes a good excuse to go to Disney World more often! :D

popkid

we stopped in our local disney store last weekend, looking for a small extra anniversary gift for my folks... well, they had absolutely NOTHING in the store except some cheap toys....

what happened!?!

jcmayid

I bought this adorable "mickey & friends" jean shorts jumper & a tank top w/ Mickey & another w/ Eeyore on it. And a little sleep set (tank & shorts) of Mickey on clouds. I also got my husband a real cute shirt w/ Mickey, Donald & Goofy. All of this was at Walmart!!! (my 2nd home)
:lol:

DopeyMike

Don't buy your keepsakes before you get there. The memories are so much better when you purchase them at WDW. Also, if you buy the wrong size, you have the perfect reason to return from Memphis to WDW and exchange it. Makes sense to me.

Erika

Originally posted by popkid
we stopped in our local disney store last weekend, looking for a small extra anniversary gift for my folks... well, they had absolutely NOTHING in the store except some cheap toys....

what happened!?!

You were probably in one of the new Disney "Play" stores. Our Disney Store at Woodfield Mall made the change. It looks like a lot of fun for the kids, but I miss the adult stuff. Luckily there are plenty of malls around here and most of them still have the regular Disney Stores!

Debbie

Do you have a Disney Store factory outlet near you? We used to have one about 45 minutes from here and we would go about twice a year to see what they had. Sometimes I would come out feeling like I had hit the jackpot. Since the Mall of Louisianan has opened, the Disney factory outlet has since closed :( because it was too much competition for the retail store. Now the nearest one for us is in Foley, Alabama, about a 3 hour drive for us. Hopefully, we can go there this summer. But I did scoop one of my greatest finds before the store closed here: the Main Street Electrical Parade video for only $5.00!!!!!!!!!

shortnsassy725

Original Poster
Thanks for your input Erika, but I don't think our stores are "Play" stores. I've never even heard of that before. (Learned something NEW today, LOL) I'm just gonna give Wal-Mart and the other stores mentioned a try, I guess. Again Thanks!! Lisa

shortnsassy725

Original Poster
I didn't know that Disney had a Factory Outlet. I'll have to see if we've got any close by. It's worth a shot anyway. :0) Thanks for the input. Lisa

shortnsassy725

Original Poster
Ahhhhhh, my buddy! DopeyMike! You might just be right. :0) And I'm sure the selection is going to be out of this world. So many to choose from that I'll have a hard time picking. LOL Thanks for the input. Lisa

Debbie

Just wanted to add that I went to the Disney Store in the mall last nite and there was NOTHING for big girls like me. It is strictly a kiddie store. And to think I could go there and get my quick Disney fix:cry:

Erika

Originally posted by Debbie
Just wanted to add that I went to the Disney Store in the mall last nite and there was NOTHING for big girls like me. It is strictly a kiddie store. And to think I could go there and get my quick Disney fix:cry:

Do you have another mall in the area? As I understood it only certain stores were making the "play" switch to all-kids stuff, and others would remain the same as before.

If they get enough complaints (and I am sure they will) they will bring the adult stuff back in.

DisneyrazZ

Here is the deal...caution: VERY DEPRESSING

Okay...fair warning...the reason there are not many Disney clothes for adults is because Disney doesn't think adults wear Disney clothes so it is a downfall for their incoming money from the stores...Winter 2001 they did a test to see if they would continue to carry a wide array of adult clothing, and as you can probably see, it didn't go over so well...that is why all the Disney Stores have now are adult PJ's and a few t-shirts here and there...

Also, as many of you know, Disney has started trying out a new idea...Disney Home and Disney Play...at first it was only going to be select stores that switched over...but according to a post that was sent to the Disney Stores everywhere, sometime within the next few years or so, all of the original Disney Stores will become Disney Play or Disney Home stores...meaning no more adult clothing! Hopefully, Disney will put their brain back in straight...otherwise...bye bye to the little selection we have now :mad:

~DisneyrazZ~

mej

The problem with buying clothes at WDW is that they are nearly all for hot weather - we don't get that much in Northern Ireland! A few more sweaters would be great for those of us not fortunate enough to live in sunny Florida!

shortnsassy725

Original Poster
DisneyrazZ, you're were right..........That's very depressing but fits right in with what I experienced at our local stores. I have looked in the catalog and online at the disney store. But I'm still not satisfied. I've even thought of e-mailing Disney outright and letting them know my feelings on the matter. Don't know if it would do any good but the thought did cross my mind. Thanks for the input from everybody!! Lisa :)

GoofyMagic

Disney Store

Not sure if someone already posted so, but in my area the Disney Store (Woodfield Mall) is the smallest, most horrible selection of anything for anyone older than 7...Very disappointing on how they've downgraded the stores :( maybe it's because they're not owned by Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom