News Disney CEO Bob Chapek reiterates his belief that park reservations are now an essential part of Disney's theme parks business

Rambozo

And last, but not least.

Eisner and Frank Wells saved the Disney Company. While Iger and Chapek have done the opposite. They have just bought other successful franchises and misused them. And if that wasn't enough they've misused their own original content as well. Some of which was successful during the Eisner days like the Disney Decade, which included "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast".

All Iger and Chapek have done is stand on the shoulders of GIANTS.

Vegas Disney Fan

And last, but not least.

Eisner and Frank Wells saved the Disney Company. While Iger and Chapek have done the opposite. They have just bought other successful franchises and misused them. And if that wasn't enough they've misused their own original content as well.

Walt and Roy, Eisner and Wells… Disney runs best when it has a creative guy and a money guy.

Chapek is clearly the money guy but there’s no dreamer to balance him out, it’s funny everyone seems to realize Disneys formula for success except for Disney.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As I mentioned elsewhere, more changes are possibly on the way in an attempt to fix the system.

Dated one park, one day tickets. No reservation needed since you reserve when buying (see Paris)

Other media, potentially hoppers and resort packages with tickets, and also ticket add ons, will also be date based when purchased. Sales will stop for a given day when a limit is reached.

Prices for all the above will vary depending on day / date and park.

Hopping limits are likely to be removed for various admission media.

These changes could be implemented in the near term.

Tha Realest

As I mentioned elsewhere, more changes are possibly on the way in an attempt to fix the system.

Dated one park, one day tickets. No reservation needed since you reserve when buying (see Paris)

Other media, potentially hoppers and resort packages with tickets, and also ticket add ons, will also be date based when purchased. Sales will stop for a given day when a limit is reached.

8AAA7E26-2D9B-496A-A13E-6E01AB7B4388.gif

dreday3

I always get nervous when they do this after we've already booked a package with hoppers for next year.
We got a crazy good Visa discount for Beach Club (over $1400 saved) and I don't want to mess with that if they offer new package stuff for resort guests. Hopefully whatever is offered (if) we will be able to add to our already booked package.

But thanks for info!

Kamikaze

So basically combining them into one system. And they still get to know the amount of tickets sold for a given day, which is what they want.

The hopping change is the one that's needed, especially at DLR.

bcoachable

Wondering if they would need to then keep reservations around for their AP ticket holder crowd…

Kamikaze

Sorry if dumb question - how is it one step? If you buy a 9 day hopper, wouldn't you still need to reserve a park each day?
Currently you have to buy tickets and then reserve parks. Under what Martin is describing you buy the 'day(s)' outright.

UNCgolf

This is the main thing for me. Still don't know when I'll go back to WDW, but it at least makes it more likely I'll go back sometime in the next few years if hopping restrictions are removed.

dreday3

No, you'd buy
Day 1 - MK - Sept 1
Day 2 - DHS - Sept 2
Day 3 - AK - Sept 3

etc

Instead of '3 day pass', then a second process to try to make reservations for the days you bought.

Then it must be for moving forward? Since we already bought the hoppers for next April. I doubt they'd refund and make us rebuy for each single day. Probably just have people in our situation keep our park reservations.

Also, wouldn't that completely not allow anyone to switch parks? You can still switch park reservations morning of as of right now.

Weird.

Ayla

No, you'd buy
Day 1 - MK - Sept 1
Day 2 - DHS - Sept 2
Day 3 - AK - Sept 3

etc

Instead of '3 day pass', then a second process to try to make reservations for the days you bought.
That sounds like even more of a nightmare with absolute ZERO flexibility. 🤮 At least now, you have the option to change your park if there is availability.

dreday3

That sounds like even more of a nightmare with absolute ZERO flexibility. 🤮 At least now, you have the option to change your park if there is availability.

I agree. That would be way worse.

maybe they are trying to get more people to buy hoppers...

UNCgolf

I agree. That would be way worse.

maybe they are trying to get more people to buy hoppers...

My guess is they will limit hopper sales to some extent, because if they remove hopping restrictions and everyone buys one then the "reservations" no longer really matter.

Unless hopping restrictions only go away for resort guests or some other limited customer base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom