Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

disney fan 13

That may lose them fans. I for one would want all the hours of my life I spent/wasted on the franchise back and that would mean most of the last 14 years of my life.

Amen, i'd be *****in angry if all the money I put into Lucas was wasted... If they do go that route then i'm probably just going to move on and forget about SW.

Uncle Lupe

This is the explanation from the books on Wookieepedia.

At an unknown point in time prior to his death at the Battle of Endor Palpatine had found a different way to cheat death by preserving his spirit after the death of his body, by the method of spirit transference. He arranged for a series of clones of himself to be created for his spirit to possess, in the event that he would perish. His primary supply of clones was kept on Byss, guarded by loyal Dark Jedi and immense genetically-altered guards and maintained by a trusted private physician. Unfortunately, the clones were heavily ravaged by the dark side and not sustained by the Force. Each body he took would age and deteriorate more quickly than the last. But the Dark Lord was not concerned; he had an endless supply of clones which he could use to rule the Empire.
After the destruction of the second Death Star, Palpatine's spirit was forced to journey in the maddening, bodiless existence of the void, with various deceased Sith spirits aiding him in his journey back to the living plane of existence,[126] eventually taking possession of the body of Emperor's Hand Jeng Droga. Palpatine called out to Sate Pestage, who rescued the broken body from Kaal and returned it to Byss. Though Droga went mad in the process, he was able to journey to Byss, where Palpatine was able to take possession of a clone of himself. There, on Byss, he would remain for years and would rebuild his strength and Empire. Resurrected, Palpatine planned to replace the Galactic Empire with a "Dark Empire", a universe-spanning magocracy ruled through the dark side of the Force alone, without the need for regional governors or technological domination.

Thanks for that info.

Gives you a way out but sounds like a mash up of original concept/The 6th Day/Harry Potter.

M.rudolf

Where did you hear that??
If the expanded universe is canon some of the things I read aren't possible, chewie is in it unless they change it, also the resurrection of the emperor is also different. But what I read wasn't a script just a basic outline, so it could change, also what I read was from about 1 1/2 months ago so it all could be in flux. I know that there is a summary of all three films floating around that is legit but I haven't seen it, but I am working on it

M.rudolf

Where did you hear that??
I will say this and only this goofy, my source on this isn't from Disney, as my avatar and ironman sources weren't. If I'm wrong then so be it. This source is so solid, if they are wrong, they are wrong on purpose. I can only say that I can back my story with a conversation I had with a very respected member and revealed everything before the movie announcement was made. They laughed and said no way. So if that person is willing to step forward they can back my knowledge if not, we will have to wait and see. You have to remember I gain nothing whatsoever from what I reveal, I'm not looking for anything either, and numerous posters here can tell you I've told them things long before they have happened. If you don't believe I honestly don't give a rats fat behind.

M.rudolf

To be brutally honest, the only thing that is set in stone right now is that it will feature the original cast in some capacity, it has a screenwriter, 2 Lucas wrote the original draft, there isn't a director yet but will be very,very soon and it will be released in 2015. There hasn't been any casting yet, just wishlists, preproduction has started for creature work and concept art is being created. Other than that not much else.

Festivus

To be brutally honest, the only thing that is set in stone right now is that it will feature the original cast in some capacity, it has a screenwriter, 2 Lucas wrote the original draft, there isn't a director yet but will be very,very soon and it will be released in 2015. There hasn't been any casting yet, just wishlists, preproduction has started for creature work and concept art is being created. Other than that not much else.
I for one am glad that there are so many juicy rumors floating around again. The Hobbit series will hold me over until these new SW films...

Don't know if you are privy to this, but if Vader/Anakin returns as a spirit, does that mean Hayden will be back in the role? Taking it a step further, yoda? Sam Jackson? Liam Neeson? Ewan McGregor? All councils to Luke and Leia and newer Jedi?

RSoxNo1

LOL Yep, that was the answer alright. LOL

I'm not saying he doesn't have inside knowledge on the Disney parks, but to say that he is sooooo high up on the Disney ladder that he has seen a script that has yet to be written, on a deal that has yet to be fully finalized is a stretch.
Alright, a few things. First and foremost, trust m.Rudolf's info, regardless of how nonsensical it may seem. He is as credible as anyone on here.

Also, can someone explain to me what is meant by the, "Expanded Universe isn't canon". I've never heard that term before.

NoChesterHester

Alright, a few things. First and foremost, trust m.Rudolf's info, regardless of how nonsensical it may seem. He is as credible as anyone on here.

Also, can someone explain to me what is meant by the, "Expanded Universe isn't canon". I've never heard that term before.

The Exapnded Universe is the books and fan movies that have beed done by other authors other than Lucasfilm. Lucas has authorized these book, but never looked at them as cannon. As the guiding story to the real story. The movies can overright anything done in these books. The prequel trilogy did just this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Exapnded Universe is the books and fan movies that have beed done by other authors other than Lucasfilm. Lucas has authorized these book, but never looked at them as cannon. As the guiding story to the real story. The movies can overright anything done in these books. The prequel trilogy did just this.

Technically the Expanded Universe is any creative work authorized by Lucasfilm, beyond the current 6 movies. Book, comics, videogames, tabletop rpg games, etc. all form the EU.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Lucasfilm does track the eu for consistency and there is canon for it - it's just there is a hierarchy and George was on top and his stories supersede all. Lucas himself stayed out of eu stuff but lucasfilm licensing very much 'reads' and keeps consistency in the universe.

Bairstow

starwarsswordinthestone.jpg

SirLink

Remember Lucasfilm produces properties other than Star Wars

Yep, or they try at least they tried and tried to do get a film version of The Secret of Monkey Island for years before canceling the project. Hopefully we will see more of the LucasArt library turned into films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom