Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

MerlinTheGoat

Yep, or they try at least they tried and tried to do get a film version of The Secret of Monkey Island for years before canceling the project. Hopefully we will see more of the LucasArt library turned into films.
I'd actually be very interested in a theatrical traditionally animated (drawn and not cgi) Secret of Monkey Island film. I think it would be a fantastic idea if some real talent was behind it and made it into something really great. If they market it well and the film is well made, I could easily see the film turning out to be a financial success.

M.rudolf

Blomkamp (sp?) still in the lead? Has he done a mainstream film? District 9 was brilliant, but very different.
From what I hear its him,trank,favreau, at this point someone has to be chosen in the next few weeks, I'd be surprised if the decision hasn't been made or narrowed down to 2 I'm pulling for Blomkamp or Trank, if not them then I hope Vaughn makes a comeback

Maerj

I'm guessing that it's going to be the director of 'Safety not gauranteed' Colin Trevorrow. If not him, it will either be Favreau or Joe Johsnston.

M.rudolf

I'm guessing that it's going to be the director of 'Safety not gauranteed' Colin Trevorrow. If not him, it will either be Favreau or Joe Johsnston.
He'd be a decent choice but he turned it down. Johnson is a slim chance due to familiarity with Star Wars and marvel but I doubt it, they'll let him have it for a spin off film, Boba or a bounty hunter film

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From what I hear its him,trank,favreau, at this point someone has to be chosen in the next few weeks, I'd be surprised if the decision hasn't been made or narrowed down to 2 I'm pulling for Blomkamp or Trank, if not them then I hope Vaughn makes a comeback
My money is on Favreau. Isn't he in with Disney already and he actually didn't say no when asked about it.

Lee

Adventurer
Since they obviously won't let Joss do it...
I'm rooting for Favreau.
Nothing about Chronicle makes me think Trank could handle it.
District 9 was good, but Blomkamp just doesn't say Star Wars to me.

Taylor

I'm rooting for Favreau.
Why don't you take a crack at it Lee ;)

Crazy Harry

A cloned Emperor doesn't make any sense. An unaltered clone (like Boba Fett) is an individual, with own awareness, thoughts, etc. so even a clone of Palpatine/emperor would be only a threat to the real emperor, who could and would plan to overthrow him and become the only emperor himself because treachery is the dark way of the force.
I am very sure we will not see a cloned emperor, cloned vader etc.

If a clone Emperor was cultivated to adulthood with no consciousness, then the spirit of Palpatine would have a blank slate to take over. Can there be thoughts , awareness, and individual personality if the clone was never conscious and thus never able to develop these things in the first place, and in essense, never born?

M.rudolf

I'm rooting for Favreau.
Google the halo demos they may change your mind on Blomkamp

G00fyDad

When They announced epi 7 would not be from the expanded universe. So by default.

That still doesn't mean that EU is no longer canon. They may go in a totally different direction than any of the books. Of course they may use many of the older characters and retcon a lot of the material. No one knows yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Another plus for Blomkamp is that he started out in visual effects before getting into directing. I think District 9 shows that even though he is comfortable with special effects you don't have to go overboard with them.

Maerj

He'd be a decent choice but he turned it down. Johnson is a slim chance due to familiarity with Star Wars and marvel but I doubt it, they'll let him have it for a spin off film, Boba or a bounty hunter film

Unless he's said more on the subject, this isn't a 'no' :

"I have very little to say about it," says Trevorrow. "Certainly, no specifics about what's going on behind the scenes in the selection of that person [a director]. I think that I can speak as a Star Wars fan, which is important to me. Whoever does do this movie, I think, just needs to have a fundamental understanding of why it's important to us. We come from a generation who grew up with this as children, to us it's almost a belief system. It's harder for people who are older or who were already teenagers when the movie came out to understand how deeply it is our mythology. And there are a bunch of incredible directors who are up for this job… I think whoever gets it will have that fundamental understanding of why Star Wars matters so much to a billion people. It's just incredible. So that’s all I can say about that. I’m equally excited about it. … that’s all you’re gonna get!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom