Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

JCtheparrothead

Wow disney did the right thing. JJ will do a great job with this. Even with the lens flares Star Trek was fantastic.

Good luck JJ and hopefully you can permanently off jar jar in scene 1.

Maerj

Wow disney did the right thing. JJ will do a great job with this. Even with the lens flares Star Trek was fantastic.

Good luck JJ and hopefully you can permanently off jar jar in scene 1.

hehe, I don't think that he will be in this one... he's most likely already dead at the time this film will be taking place.

Genie of the Lamp

Congrats to JJ Abrams for getting this highly sought after role. One thing working in his favor is that he has a Michael Ardnt screen script to work off of being that he is one of the best out there right now. So now that Disney has their director, screen writer, and at the very least possible cameos from Mark, Carrie, and Harrison this movie cannot, should not, and will not fail because there's so much high expectations for this upcoming movie coming from the general public and Star Wars fanbase.

Alien

yeah Disney is kinda set with the new star tours .. and its always possible for struggling parks like Hong Kong or Paris... but not for a while

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think their interest in Star Wars films will necessarily lead to interest in building theme park attractions. They have owned Marvel for over three years now, the movies are doing very well, but there is still no announcement of Marvel attraction in any of the parks where they would allowed to be able to do them. Films will lead to a quicker and more tangible return on investment then theme park attractions will.

Genie of the Lamp

I only see this making an impact on the Star Wars weekends not necessarily would this fuel up rumors of a Star Wars Land. If the spinoff film does well and is well recieved, I could see these characters seemingly transition into future Star Wars Weekends and have nice sized presence in em.

doctornick

Does it make sense from a fan perspective? Yes
Does it make sense from a park perspective? Yes
Does it make sense from a business perspective? Yes

So will TDO do anything with Star Wars in the parks? Of course not.

Yeah, I don't get it. Putting Star Wars into the parks makes entirely too much sense. It even has the brand synergy that Disney seems to gush over with new attractions at this point. I don't really see why they wouldn't be actively trying to find ways to add more SW stuff to the parks -- admittedly with DLR, they have space limitations, but they could easily put stuff in WDW (esp DHS).

Supposedly, they are working on adding SW to the international parks. Wouldn't it be easy/logical to plan to add whatever those attractions are to WDW as well? And cheap?

07vanquish

I think it's better to ask this question again after we find out if the movies will be successful; did someone think of making a John Carter attraction a year and a half ago? Am I comparing apples with apples? nope. Does it prove my point? I think so

tomman710

I can just see it now with a little kid holding out a Tragic Band in front of a camera with the subcaption saying beneath it saying: "May the Force be with you"!:D

Unfortunately to get the Star Wars Magic Band that little Billy wants so bad the parents have to agree to have a neural transmitter (The Magicural TransFunifier) implanted into your child's brain that will track their thought patterns and send signals when they need new products and merch and send slight electrical currents when they aren't processing Disney thoughts ... but the bands look really cool and they'll give you unlimited fast passes!! (Unlimited Fastpasses only accepted at Tiki Room, Stitch, and Sounds Dangerous (seasonally))

doctornick

I think it's better to ask this question again after we find out if the movies will be successful; did someone think of making a John Carter attraction a year and a half ago? Am I comparing apples with apples? nope. Does it prove my point? I think so

It doesn't prove any point IMHO. They should build Star Wars attractions themed to the already established IP, especially the original trilogy. They certainly shouldn't be planning/building any SW stuff themed to future movies, not at this point. But, that isn't exactly very limiting. They could build an entire park themed just to Episodes IV to VI if they wanted to.

wdwfan4ver

Yeah, I don't get it. Putting Star Wars into the parks makes entirely too much sense. It even has the brand synergy that Disney seems to gush over with new attractions at this point. I don't really see why they wouldn't be actively trying to find ways to add more SW stuff to the parks -- admittedly with DLR, they have space limitations, but they could easily put stuff in WDW (esp DHS).

Supposedly, they are working on adding SW to the international parks. Wouldn't it be easy/logical to plan to add whatever those attractions are to WDW as well? And cheap?
Not really depending the nature of what Disney is doing with Star War attractions of overseas. The fact is not all international Disney parks have their Star Tours attractions update to Star Tours: The Adventure continues. It seems like Star Tours: The adventure continues is the only planned Star Wars attraction.

Disneyland Park Paris only had the original Star Tours, not Star Tours: The Adventure continues and that means means Disneyland Paris is due to get their Star Tours attraction updated. The other thing is Hong Kong Disney Disneyland doesn't have a Star Wars attraction yet and when the park does, it is expected to be Star Tours: The adventure continues when that happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom