Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Rumors have been saying that it will feature Han, Luke and Leia. How are they going to do that? I don't know... we are in the exciting time of not-knowing, lol. I am glad that it is being made by people who have a lot of love for it.

If the movie is done well I personally wouldn't have a problem with new actors playing the classic roles, just like I had no problem with new actors playing the classic roles in the JJ Star Trek.

MerlinTheGoat

Rumors have been saying that it will feature Han, Luke and Leia. How are they going to do that? I don't know... we are in the exciting time of not-knowing, lol. I am glad that it is being made by people who have a lot of love for it.
Those rumors posted a long while ago in this thread suggested that their roles would be supporting ones and that the story would take place decades after the original movies. So a new generation of characters will probably happen, with the older ones as side characters.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Those rumors posted a long while ago in this thread suggested that their roles would be supporting ones and that the story would take place decades after the original movies. So a new generation of characters will probably happen, with the older ones as side characters.

Even though I wouldn't have a problem with picking up the story where it left off, I think this is the best way to go.

Maerj

Even though I wouldn't have a problem with picking up the story where it left off, I think this is the best way to go.

In fact, it will almost have to, due to practical reasons (time and age) and also it will make sense because the Republic was basically restored at the end of Jedi, so it will most likely thrive for some time before the Sith or some sort of new Empire tries to reclaim it.

MerlinTheGoat

I believe it was M.rudolf who was the one who mentioned some of the plotline pitches in that regard. And that the expanded universe post ROTJ is non-canon, so anything could happen.

scpergj

I kind of like the choice...as was said earlier (by others...), I think he handled the Star Trek reboot very well. I know he is envolved in my wife's new favorite series - Revolution. Hopefully the story they come up with will be good!

yeti

Great, maybe perfect choice. Well-received track record, passionate about the franchise ...not to mention star power (pun not intended). Methinks he is a far better director than he is a writer so it's looking promising. Just so long as he keeps the lens flare out of the lightspeed.

If people are turned-off because of the ending of Lost, I don't think he had much to do with it beyond the final image...didn't he drop out of the creative picture entirely after season two?

Also, where does this leave Bad Robot?

Bparso87

Bad writing, bad characters, oh and being sellouts
Yes it was bad I love Star Wars so much and I don't want it to get worse. It ruined my childhood with those three movies. As long as jar jar does not show up it can't be that bad. Getting Lucas out of there will help to.

Taylor

Yes it was bad I love Star Wars so much and I don't want it to get worse. It ruined my childhood with those three movies. As long as jar jar does not show up it can't be that bad. Getting Lucas out of there will help to.
JJ is an amazing rebooter so I'm excited about this

Bparso87

Yea never thought he was going to do it he was quoted about a month ago saying he would not do it. It will be weird having him do both ST and SW. I like his work. I thought brad bird would be good to or favreau

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yea never thought he was going to do it he was quoted about a month ago saying he would not do it. It will be weird having him do both ST and SW. I like his work. I thought brad bird would be good to or favreau

All he needs now is Gate and Search to have the full set. :)

Beholder

If in fact the original characters (Han, Luke, Leia) are used, then I sort of see this as a bridge between the first 6 and the new. A passing of the torch if you will, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't want anyone else playing those roles.

I'm looking forward to this in a way that is quite different than when the prequels were announced. I was younger and fully expected them to be the greatest things I'd EVER seen. Didn't work out that way, but now I'm more reserved in my enthusiasm, and now that J.J. Abrams is attached, my excitement just went up a few clicks.

This is going to be an exciting next few years.

Bparso87

If in fact the original characters (Han, Luke, Leia) are used, then I sort of see this as a bridge between the first 6 and the new. A passing of the torch if you will, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I don't want anyone else playing those roles.

I'm looking forward to this in a way that is quite different than when the prequels were announced. I was younger and fully expected them to be the greatest things I'd EVER seen. Didn't work out that way, but now I'm more reserved in my enthusiasm, and now that J.J. Abrams is attached, my excitement just went up a few clicks.

This is going to be an exciting next few years.
Still worried about casting and the use of CGI. I am not as scared as I was I now see some hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom