Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Beholder

Still worried about casting and the use of CGI. I am not as scared as I was I now see some hope.

Yes, casting is a HUGE concern of mine. If it ends up with a buch of young super model types without an ounce of acting ability, then it's not going to be worth the bucket of popcorn I eat when I watch it. I'm really hoping that past mistakes will be dealt with and things that made the franchise great will be expanded on. Things like story, script, and competent actors.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Whatever happens there is going to be a group of people that hate it. The trick it to get the size of that group as small as possible, but in the end there is always going to be a vocal minority that hates whatever the movie ends up being.

tomman710

I should say JJ would have been in my top three of realistic choices ... in a dream world I would have liked a David Fincher, David Lynch, or Paul Thomas Anderson Star Wars movie but in the reality realm I think JJ will do a fine job, especially working off the script from Arndt.

I just want to see some confirmation now from Disney on JJ and then I cannot wait to hear about actors and what direction they are taking this ...

One thing I really want is a female protagonist jedi ...

tomman710

This is one of many reasons why I really wish they would make the new trilogy based on the Legacy era from the books. Jaina Solo would make a great main character.

I have never read any of the follow up books, to me it just seems like in six movies the main "fighters" (to simplify it) have all been males. And even as a male myself, I think it's a bit heavy ... I think a small change in dynamic will really create a new experience in the movies and maybe really cross all gender gaps in marketing.

Rose&Crowner

Is anyone else seeing the parallelism in the release of Jedi Knight Academy on OSX Wednesday with the rumors of the Yavin IV plot line rumors? Disney, Star Wars, Apple.

Beholder

Whatever happens there is going to be a group of people that hate it. The trick it to get the size of that group as small as possible, but in the end there is always going to be a vocal minority that hates whatever the movie ends up being.

This is really true, cconsidering the balance between making it accessible to the masses yet staying faithful to the original "feel" and theme. And yes, it could be hailed as the greatest thing in cinematic history, and there'll be those that will despise it for
being "populist trash". Then of course the
"hey, where's Jar Jar? This isn't Star
Wars!", crowd.

Of course, I pray there isn't a Jar Jar. Or an Ewok.
Jawas are cool though.

Maerj

Yes it was bad I love Star Wars so much and I don't want it to get worse. It ruined my childhood with those three movies. As long as jar jar does not show up it can't be that bad. Getting Lucas out of there will help to.

Powerful films if they can go back in time and ruin your childhood...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Maerj

The said part is I still took my son to see episode 1 in 3d.

Ah, that proves my theory then. I posted this on another message board but I think that it is appropriate here as well:

The thing is this. People, esp ones who grew up with the orignial trilogy, love them. They were unlike anything else at the time and created such a phenomenom that nothing else could ever live up to it.

The masses need to keep their expectations in check this time. It may be an impossible task but everyone should take this film on its own merits.

It may not feel exactly like the original but nothing will, that's what makes the original so special. This new film will have CGI in it... it's the 21st century and that is how movies are made now. Go with the flow and enjoy yourselves! I love the anticipation leading up to the next film. I love the hype surrounding it, the craziness, the long lines. It is part of the experience!

I look at it this way, you can either ignore the franchise and move on, enjoy each film for what it is, or be a typical disgruntled internet fanboy who will still watch the films, buy the stuff, but sit around complaining about it the whole time. I think that life's too short for that but to each their own. Besides, Episode One came out 14 years ago now, it may be time to move on and let it go.

Bparso87

Ah, that proves my theory then. I posted this on another message board but I think that it is appropriate here as well:

The thing is this. People, esp ones who grew up with the orignial trilogy, love them. They were unlike anything else at the time and created such a phenomenom that nothing else could ever live up to it.

The masses need to keep their expectations in check this time. It may be an impossible task but everyone should take this film on its own merits.

It may not feel exactly like the original but nothing will, that's what makes the original so special. This new film will have CGI in it... it's the 21st century and that is how movies are made now. Go with the flow and enjoy yourselves! I love the anticipation leading up to the next film. I love the hype surrounding it, the craziness, the long lines. It is part of the experience!

I look at it this way, you can either ignore the franchise and move on, enjoy each film for what it is, or be a typical disgruntled internet fanboy who will still watch the films, buy the stuff, but sit around complaining about it the whole time. I think that life's too short for that but to each their own. Besides, Episode One came out 14 years ago now, it may be time to move on and let it go.
I was born I 87 so it was not like I was alive when they came out. I watch them with my dad. Now I watch them with my son. For how bad episode 1,2 and 3 where I still watch them because I love the franchise. No matter what happens with this next one I will be there at midnight with a bubba fett shirt ready to go.

Maerj

I was born I 87 so it was not like I was alive when they came out. I watch them with my dad. Now I watch them with my son. For how bad episode 1,2 and 3 where I still watch them because I love the franchise. No matter what happens with this next one I will be there at midnight with a bubba fett shirt ready to go.
I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom