Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

cookiee_munster

Best case scenario, if true.

yes. "If True" indeed. ive yet to read anywhere else that this is 100% confirmed. of course if it is true then good. you can kind of tell he has a deep love for star wars and childhood nostalgia. maybe we'll get something a little more like the originals and less CGI here there and everywhere...

lebeau

meh

His Star Trek looked nice but made absolutely no sense at all. It made the opposite of sense if such a thing exists. Which it doesn't, but that wouldn't stop JJ Abrams from using it as a major plot point someday.

Alias was cool for a while though.

Maerj

I'm cool with this. I was a big LOST fan, although I was let down by the ending, and Fringe and his big screen movies. I know that he's a huge SW fan, so he's gonna try his best to make this a really great film. At least now we know.

Calvin Coolidge

His Star Trek looked nice but made absolutely no sense at all. It made the opposite of sense if such a thing exists. Which it doesn't, but that wouldn't stop JJ Abrams from using it as a major plot point someday.

The story problems of his Star Trek movie all come back to the problem of time travel, which he felt was necessary to include as a way of getting around Trek canon. (it probably wasn't, but whatever). He would never do that with Star Wars, especially since he LIKES the original canon of Star Wars. (I for one wouldn't mind if he ignores the stuff about midichlorians tho)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I think JJ will do a good job and he doesn't have to direct all 3. Also don't they already have a story idea for the next 3 films? He doesn't have to come up with someway to recast the original film characters. This will be I'm assume similar to the prequels with mostly all new characters.

Calvin Coolidge

I think JJ will do a good job and he doesn't have to direct all 3. Also don't they already have a story idea for the next 3 films? He doesn't have to come up with someway to recast the original film characters. This will be I'm assume similar to the prequels with mostly all new characters.
He's not writing the script. The guy who wrote Little Miss Sunshine is.

NoChesterHester

When I heard this I had simultaneous reactions of:

YES!!! Perfect! I loved Lost. I loved what he did with Trek.

Noooooooooooooo! I want Star Wars and Star Trek to stay different.

Maerj

The story problems of his Star Trek movie all come back to the problem of time travel, which he felt was necessary to include as a way of getting around Trek canon. (it probably wasn't, but whatever). He would never do that with Star Wars, especially since he LIKES the original canon of Star Wars. (I for one wouldn't mind if he ignores the stuff about midichlorians tho)

I actually liked his time travel to get around cannon in Star Trek, mainly because it finally made sense to decades of Star Trek inconsistences. For example, in the Original Series the 1980's are a time of nuclear wars but in the Star Trek 4 (the one with the whales) they go back in time to a normal, realistic 1980's. Also, in Star Trek 2 Khan says he never forgets a face when he's see Chekov, yet Checkov wasn't in the Khan episode from the orignial series.

With Abrams movie, it made an alternate Earth timeline which would account for any of those little nitpicks.

I never understood the hate with the midi-chlorians... I thought that it was a pretty cool idea especially after Episode III when it was strongly implied that Darth Plagueis created Anakin by forcing the midi-chlorians to create new life. It was a subtle 'I am your father' moment that I think a lot of people missed.

Maerj

Rumors have been saying that it will feature Han, Luke and Leia. How are they going to do that? I don't know... we are in the exciting time of not-knowing, lol. I am glad that it is being made by people who have a lot of love for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom