Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Fromhttp://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2012/10/30/disney-to-buy-lucasfilm-and-start-releasing-new-star-wars-movies-starting-with-episode-7-in-2015/

Disney CFO Jay Rasulo described some of the ways they hope to capitalize on the acquisition, “We plan to release the first new Star Wars film in 2015, and then plan to release one film every two to three years. These films will be released and distributed as part of our target slate of 8-10 live-action films per year, and will augment Disney’s already strong creative pipeline for many years to come. We also expect to utilize Star Wars in other businesses including Parks & Resorts, in games and in our television business. These initiatives were also considered in our valuation.”

So...Disney's Death Star Resort? Announce that and I'll book a room now!

Did Knee

They could combine it all and do "The empire strikes Pandora"! I can see it now....Darth Vader kicking Navi posterior, when all the sudden Thor, Iron man and the incredibles show up and turn the tide! :rolleyes: Ok...I'm done...heading back to my "troll cave".... BTW...I DO think Disney buying Lucas is a good thing....

Did Knee

They could combine it all and do "The empire strikes Pandora"! I can see it now Darth Vader kicking Navi posterior, when all the sudden Thor, Iron man and the incredibles show up and turn the tide! :rolleyes: Ok...I'm done...heading back to my "troll cave".... BTW...I DO think Disney buying Lucas is a good thing....

LithiumBill

The idea that Lucas is letting other film makers work in the Star Wars Universe is what is so appealing to fans now though... Free Star Wars from Lucas, and see what happens. Kinda like Star Trek and JJ, just on a bigger level.

disney fan 13

Episode 7?!?! How are they going to pull that off?! All the actors are in there sixtys! Plus none of them would want to come back...Maybe Legacy era? Plus I don't know what Disney is going to do with the EU since Episode 7 is coming out... I just don't like this...

LithiumBill

Fromhttp://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2012/10/30/disney-to-buy-lucasfilm-and-start-releasing-new-star-wars-movies-starting-with-episode-7-in-2015/

Disney CFO Jay Rasulo described some of the ways they hope to capitalize on the acquisition, “We plan to release the first new Star Wars film in 2015, and then plan to release one film every two to three years. These films will be released and distributed as part of our target slate of 8-10 live-action films per year, and will augment Disney’s already strong creative pipeline for many years to come. We also expect to utilize Star Wars in other businesses including Parks & Resorts, in games and in our television business. These initiatives were also considered in our valuation.”

Or the live action Star Wars TV series they have been mulling about for a long time...

misterID

I don't think this will put Carsland (or Avatarland) on the back burner at all. Nothing was stopping them from adding more Star Wars and INdy attractions before.George wasn't standing in the way. This will get us more merch, tv shows, DVD animation films and movies. That's what I see.

Goofy6294

Wow, this thread grew by two pages while I was reading it! The opportunities are endless... But thinking beyond just a Lucas Land, imagine the kind of interactive rides that could be created for all of the parks by combining the minds at Imagineering and Industrial Light and Magic if the leashes come off...

jdmdisney99

I'll take the Hangar Suite for 2 adults and a wookiee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom