Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

tman2000

Holy awesome. I'm sure some of my fellow Star Wars geeks are horrified at this news but I see it as only good for two reasons: 1. More Star Wars and Indy presence in the parks. 2. George can't keep destroying my childhood.
I agree. I hate hating George but he did some bad things with the newer movies. Mostly he didn't allow enough creative input from others. Stepping away and letting others take this over is actually really big of him despite the $4 billion. Hopefully Disney/Bruckheimer can produce a national treasure/avengers quality film that's a new fresh take. They could literally hire anyone. Who wouldn't want to direct/write/star in a new Star Wars. What I hope is that they let the clone wars/prequel be its own phenomenon and start basically a 'third' flavor of the franchise. Which is totally appropriate if each trilogy is distinct. Gotta say I appreciate the lore from the prequel saga, but I'd love to see a new Star Wars that surprises me and takes me places I hadn't expected to go even for Star Wars (I don't mean dark, I just mean making space seem vast weird again, the point of the prequels was the republic still existed so the galaxy seemed smaller/flatter - good opera - but the lore is so much bigger)

JLipnick

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Will be in wdw in less than two days and this is almost better news than being able to see FLE previews!!!!! being such a huge star wars fan and disney fan, no words can express how i feel right now. gotta go get a towel!!!

oh, and i hope disney makes movies from the Bane trilogy. the best three books in the entire SW universe.

lebeau

Only way Thrawn Trilogy would work would be a Direct to DVD Animation, actors are too old out of shape to play themselves and you really dont want to recast them at this point. If you did that start over from scratch. I think some X Wing squadron animated movies and Thrawn Trilogies would be awesome.

Really? People liked that story? I thought it was pretty "meh".

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Does anyone know where I can set up the direct deposit to start just giving my paycheck directly to Disney?
Disney / Marvel / Lucasfilm
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

The MaD Hatter

Of course, you all know what this means. DHS no longer needs Cars Land to survive. Instead, we will finally get what everyone has been asking for for years now -- a fully immersive land that is highly themed to.... American Graffiti! Complete with meet and greets featuring Curt Henderson and Terry "The Toad" Fields. :p

elchippo

I like this WAY better than their acquisition of Marvel....hope the Carsland in DHS hype dies down now, but I pray the Sci-Fi does not get converted to the American Graffiti Diner:)

monkeysammich

The original actors would be too old for the Thrawn trilogy... maybe New Jedi Order or even Legacy of the Force.

Or some other direction entirely.

LithiumBill

Only way Thrawn Trilogy would work would be a Direct to DVD Animation, actors are too old out of shape to play themselves and you really dont want to recast them at this point. If you did that start over from scratch. I think some X Wing squadron animated movies and Thrawn Trilogies would be awesome.
They could move far ahead to the New Jedi Order, where the characters are still alive with kids... (the books were actually really good)

FrankLapidus

Wow, this has both surprised and delighted me. I won't get carried away and start hoping too much for a full-fledged Lucasland expansion at DHS right now but you would think that now they have the Star Wars rights, Disney will surely head in that direction. Don't know what to make of the news of a new Star Wars film every 2-3 years; the prequel trilogy sort of tainted the series for me but perhaps some new and fresh ideas will revitalise the film franchise. I wasn't exactly thrilled with either the Marvel or Avatar acquisitions but I'm excited to see what they do with Star Wars, especially at the theme parks.

culturenthrills

If you were listening to our October 5th live show, Jim Hill mentioned that this was absolutely going on. FYI, the uncensored version of that show comes out on Thursday.

I have to believe that this may put Carsland on the back burner.

Yeah, the rumor had been out there but I don't think many of us believed it. All I got to say is wow. The possibilities are amazing but all of it will depend on execution. Hopefully they will let Lucasfilm run itself like they do Marvel and Pixar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom