Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

LithiumBill

Yeah, the rumor had been out there but I don't think many of us believed it. All I got to say is wow. The possibilities are amazing but all of it will depend on execution. Hopefully they will let Lucasfilm run itself like they do Marvel and Pixar.
No. Hopefully the geniuses at PIXAR will walk into LUCASFILM and say, "LISTEN UP!"....

tman2000

They could move far ahead to the New Jedi Order, where the characters are still alive with kids... (the books were actually really good)
I don't think they should movie canonize the books. They'll need to say the old expanded universe is a alternate/parallel universe. It's too complicated to fit it all together which is why Lucas gave up. I like the idea of Luke/Han/leia being old and it's about their adult kids.

lazyboy97o

Don't have time to read the thread, but as a Disney fan I dislike this move (not that it isn't good business wise). Disney still has a toxic creative culture and this just shows that Iger has never been interesting in fixing Disney's heart. Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm have all been acquired to fill ulcers within Disney without any real medicine. It's a great strategy so long as these entities remain free of the Disney poison, and its a poor long term strategy.

Atomicmickey

disneylucasfilm.jpg

Kobe!!

Star Wars fans from all over the world are turning over in their graves. lol

Great, a Star Wars movie every 2-3 years.. way to kill that franchise Disney. ha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom