Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Atomicmickey

This is what has me a tad worried. Ideally, 7-9 should have been done in the 90's when the original cast was still physically able to reprise their roles. Right now I think Hammil, Mayhew, Williams and Daniels have a better than average chance of reprising their roles, but I do not see Ford or Fisher coming back. So where do you go from there? Do you recast some or all of them, do you write around the characters you can not get, do you go far into the future, or do you go the Clue from Tron Legacy route?

We'll see! I'm sure they'll figure out something that all of Star Wars Fandom will
completely agree on. :D

Now, how are they going to make Blue Milk taste good, and what sort of souvenir mug will it come in?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is what has me a tad worried. Ideally, 7-9 should have been done in the 90's when the original cast was still physically able to reprise their roles. Right now I think Hammil, Mayhew, Williams and Daniels have a better than average chance of reprising their roles, but I do not see Ford or Fisher coming back. So where do you go from there? Do you recast some or all of them, do you write around the characters you can not get, do you go far into the future, or do you go the Clue from Tron Legacy route?

Peter Mayhew would not be physically capable of playing Chewie anymore, he is not in the greatest of health sadly.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with them casting new people in the original trilogy roles and continuing the story. As long as the movie were done well I think people would accept it. The safest route would be to do stories with the character's children so the original cast could appear at thier current ages if they wanted to.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We'll see! I'm sure they'll figure out something that all of Star Wars Fandom will

Now, how are they going to make Blue Milk taste good, and what sort of souvenir mug will it come in?
I am sure they will. Us Star Wars fans have always been know for our sane, rational judgement.:D

Quite honestly, the only way the will please the Star Wars fanboys is to go back in time to 1993 and bring the entire cast into the future.

Ignohippo

Mayhew can barely stand, so he wouldn't be involved. Fisher was just at SWCVI signing autographs. If she'd do that, she'd more than certainly be up for the movie role. Harrison Ford is all bluster. He'd most certainly be back if they asked. They'd just need to stroke his ego and give him something interesting to do in order to get him back.

Captain Neo

I predict Mark Hamil will return as Luke Skywalker in the Obi-Wan mentor role for the new heroes. R2 and C3PO will obviously return and im sure Chewie and Boba Fett will show up at some point.

Yoda and Obi Wan (Ewan Mcgregor) could also come back as force ghosts. I would say Anakin but if they do they better recast him

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Peter Mayhew would not be physically capable of playing Chewie anymore, he is not in the greatest of health sadly.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with them casting new people in the original trilogy roles and continuing the story. As long as the movie were done well I think people would accept it. The safest route would be to do stories with the character's children so the original cast could appear at thier current ages if they wanted to.
This is what I was thinking as well. There is also the hologram option. If we only see the original cast in hologram form they could be convincingly recreated digitally.

wsmith1978

I understand, just a working title, but there will be no entire Star Wars Park at WDW because they will not build a fifth gate for at least an entire generation. Actually they would be stupid if they did as long as the parks are all in desperate demand of additions and refurbs. If you build a new park you have clear a HUGE size of land, then you have to build new streets to the park, parking lots, new bus stops, entrance areas, have to lay new power lines, new sewers, buildings for the CMs, for administration etc., you spend easily 250-300 mio. bucks for all this and you haven't even built ONE attraction so far and it takes about 4-5 years before the new gate opens. You also have to employ hundreds or even thousands of new CMs, because from security to maintenance to rides to shops and restaurants etc. everything needs a complete new staff. If you however instead decide to take the same amount of money to add new attractions to the existing parks you spend all the money for attractions, shops and restaurants ONLY and it takes only 2-3 years. And you only have to employ new CMs for the new attractions. There are at least 3 parks in WDW that are badly in need of expansions and additions. A WS in EPCOT with the last addition during Ronald Reagans presidency for example. MK even after the opening of the FLE still has some areas desperately in need of some attention, e.g. Tomorrowland. And finally how much time does the average WDW guest have for the parks? A fifth park would make it necessary to spend at least a week in WDW (2 days MK, 2 days, Epcot, 1 day DHS, 1 day DAK, 1 day the new park) and not all visitors have the time or the money to do that. So a fifth gate could begin cannibalizing the other parks, people would not visit all parks but only those they are mostly interested in. If however you build new attractions in the existing parks, Avatarland in DAK, Cars Land or/and Star Wars Land in DHS and some new pavillons in EPCOT you would increase park attendance for a much smaller investment without the risks involved in building an entire new park.

My GOD I'm an idiot! :slaps forehead:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Mayhew can barely stand, so he wouldn't be involved. Fisher was just at SWCVI signing autographs. If she'd do that, she'd more than certainly be up for the movie role. Harrison Ford is all bluster. He'd most certainly be back if they asked. They'd just need to stroke his ego and give him something interesting to do in order to get him back.

And Ford's attitude towards Star Wars has been softening a little bit recently.

tomman710

Give Harrison the heroic death of Han Solo he always wanted ... that'd be an interesting introduction to a new trilogy, even though Han is of course my favorite character.

Mickey_777

Yeah I'm on the side of those who'd rather see a Star Wars land in DHS over an entire Star Wars/Marvel park or what have you. We've seen out Anaheim what a well executed land can do for the revitalization of a park. I want WDW to have 4 parks that are true gems and full day experiences. Even if they built a 5th gate that was a full day park, it'd alienate DHS and AK more already. I happen to enjoy DHS and AK in their present state but trick those parks out first.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Just imagine all the, ummm, medicinal products Harrison Ford could buy with New Star Wars money! He'd be back if they asked.

I'm thinking they are setting this thing 30-40 years post-Jedi. Previous cast could make cameos and their age / physical condition could be easily explained in battle-scars from the cleanup of the Empire post Emperor.

GLaDOS

And Ford's attitude towards Star Wars has been softening a little bit recently.
Give Harrison the heroic death of Han Solo he always wanted ... that'd be an interesting introduction to a new trilogy, even though Han is of course my favorite character.

Personally, after how sad it was seeing Harrison trying to portray Indy in Crystal Skull, I think it's time for a recast if they're going to have the old characters in the films.

I mean...do we really want to see the current Carrie Fischer trying to portray Princess Leia?

tomman710

Actually ... come to think of it I'd rather see them film the Knights of the Old Republic story with Revan and Bastilla ... that game was easily more engaging than all the prequels combined.

GLaDOS

Actually ... come to think of it I'd rather see them film the Knights of the Old Republic story with Raven and Bastilla ... that game was easily more engaging than all the prequels combined.

Revan. *ahem*

And yea, I'd love to see some KOTR films or TV shows.

SirLink

It will be bubblegum/blueberry flavor milkshake and come in a glass with picture of cartoony Yoda on the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom