Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Spike-in-Berlin

I agree. He nearly killed the franchise with Ep I, II, and III. :mad: Although I did hear that he once said that he wouldn't even allow his children to do another Star Wars movie. That's why I was caught by surprise by this announcement. :confused:

When he became a billionaire joined the dark side George has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now.
:D

Beholder

I think ILM may be one of, if not the best, thing in this whole deal. Leading special effects studio for many years now, often contracted by others for that reason, and now Disney has access to all of that Skywalker "magic". I really don't see a down side in this as far as Disney and Lucasfilm are concerned. Some fans of either company may not like it based on personal bias, but from a business standpoint, it looks like a great buy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think ILM may be one of, if not the best, thing in this whole deal. Leading special effects studio for many years now, often contracted by others for that reason, and now Disney has access to all of that Skywalker "magic". I really don't see a down side in this as far as Disney and Lucasfilm are concerned. Some fans of either company may not like it based on personal bias, but from a business standpoint, it looks like a great buy.

The also get Skywalker sound which has worked on most of the recent Disney and Pixar movies not to mention tons of other major motion pictures from other studios.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Universal likely couldn't care less. It has Harry Potter. How could it feel the least bit threatened by a franchise that faded a long time ago?

Frankly, I'm surprised ANYONE'S still a fan of Star Wars after those crappy sequels/prequels and that dopey Clone Wars cartoon...

Which franchise are you refering to because it's obviously not Star Wars. ;) It still has a huge fan base, and quite a bit of cultural relevance. There are still constant references to it in popular culture even today.

Have you even seen Clone Wars, especially the later seasons? I know I have praised it a few times on this thread, but I will do it again. There's some real quality work there, especially for something that is aimed a a younger audiance. The current season has really been blowing me away.

Spike-in-Berlin

Which franchise are you refering to because it's obviously not Star Wars. ;) It still has a huge fan base, and quite a bit of cultural relevance. There are still constant references to it in popular culture even today.

Have you even seen Clone Wars, especially the later seasons? I know I have praised it a few times on this thread, but I will do it again. There's some real quality work there, especially for something that is aimed a a younger audiance. The current season has really been blowing me away.

Faded? Ever been to Star Wars Weekends?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Universal likely couldn't care less. It has Harry Potter. How could it feel the least bit threatened by a franchise that faded a long time ago?

Frankly, I'm surprised ANYONE'S still a fan of Star Wars after those crappy sequels/prequels and that dopey Clone Wars cartoon...
Star Wars has a lot more cultural relevance than Harry Potter.

Plus HP is finished... Star Wars will continue on for years.

Tigger1988

Faded? In your dreams. You can tell yourself that Potter is somehow more relevant than Star Wars all you want, it will never be true.

CinematicFusion

Disney bought marvel in August of 09....and we have yet to see a marvel ride at any Disney theme park around the world.
On that pace, it will be 2016 before we even hear about a new Star Wars ride at the theme parks.
We still haven't heard concrete news on a marvel ride.

Hope Disney uses this momentum they have and fast track something lucasfilm related into the Orlando parks....even if they just clone the existing Indiana jones ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom