Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

mgf

I'll have to listen to it, but even if they specifically mention two parks there is no reason not to assume it'll be in other parks (especially the few who already the properties and are ripe for expansion).

As much as I want to see something at DHS, Iger mentioned the parks because they are a significant business unit. It would have been unusual if he hadn't mentioned the parks - not necessarily noteworthy because he did.

They did discuss internationalizing the franchise through merchandise and possibly at the Chinese parks - a huge emerging market. There was some discussion of the "low hanging fruit" that would show a return outside of the films. A parks expansion could fit that bill, but it will probably be through revamped toys and television options.

Now, if they were already planning to pump money into DHS, I think a Lucas-Now-Disney-Land could offer a bigger bang for the buck at the turnstiles. As for guest spending, it would probably be a tossup with Carsland unless they continued unique offerings like the freeze-me thing.

Festivus

disney fan 13

Theme Park Wars

Episode 1- The Phantom Menace- UNI builds the studio park in Orlando and later IOA.

Episode 2- Attack of the Animals- Animal Kingdom and other attractions open in WDW.

Episode 3- Revenge of the Potter- Potter opens along with improvements to the parks. Also UNI announces a 1 billion dollar expansion/improvement plan.

Episode 4- A New Hope- Disney buys Star Wars
;)

GLaDOS

Theme Park Wars

Episode 1- The Phantom Menace- UNI builds the studio park in Orlando and later IOA.

Episode 2- Attack of the Animals- Animal Kingdom and other attractions open in WDW.

Episode 3- Revenge of the Potter- Potter opens along with improvements to the parks. Also UNI announces a 1 billion dollar expansion/improvement plan.

Episode 4- A New Hope- Disney buys Star Wars
;)

Overall Moral of the Story: Competition means we all reap the benefits.

Uncle Lupe

Artist rendition of George Lucas when the check clears.

cartman_rolling_in_cash.jpg

Festivus

Who do you guys envision seeing Disney purchasing in 5 years time?

Dreamworks.
If they take full advantage of this acquisition, they won't need another acquisition in 5 years. As I said in an earlier post, this is an unprecedented opportunity for Disney to reboot a truly legendary and groundbreaking film franchise. I hope they do a good job. This really could be a Potter Swatter.

I really hope they make a Carsland quality DHS expansion based on Star Wars...

TalkingHead

Remember when the Prequel trilogy was announced and you were so excited about The Phantom Menace and you couldn't believe there was going to be a new Star Wars movie and you bought your tickets in advance and you went to see it on opening day and you were so excited when the 20th Century fanfare played and then you watched the movie and you told yourself it couldn't possibly be as bad as it was and afterwards you avoided making eye contact with your friend who watched it with you because you were both disappointed and embarrassed that this is what you'd gotten so excited about seeing?

Yeah, remember that in 3 years when Episode 7 opens.

disney fan 13

Remember when the Prequel trilogy was announced and you were so excited about The Phantom Menace and you couldn't believe there was going to be a new Star Wars movie and you bought your tickets in advance and you went to see it on opening day and you were so excited when the 20th Century fanfare played and then you watched the movie and you told yourself it couldn't possibly be as bad as it was and afterwards you avoided making eye contact with your friend who watched it with you because you were both disappointed and embarrassed that this is what you'd gotten so excited about seeing?

Yeah, remember that in 3 years when Episode 7 opens.

I'm pretty sure fans aren't going to be rushing the stands on this one but I think that this could be good ( No Lucas! )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom