Disney Big announcement next week!!!

TP2000

leemac on LP has also confirmed that announcing Celebrations is the reason for the NYC press conference.

Cool, that's confirmation enough for me, as leemac tends to know what he's talking about.

So, Al Lutz was right in his Miceage update last weekend; The Jay Rasulo announcement on 9/18/08 in NYC is for the "Celebrations" advertising campaign for the parks in 2009.

Disneyson 1

For me, this is the order in which the plausibility of each rumor ranks:

#1: Easily the Celebrate Today thingy, but with a twist so that it can't be compared to Magical Celebrations

#2: The themed cars

#3: I think that the most plausible "outlandish" rumor is the location based entertainment

#4: Something in the vein of the living character initiative

#5: Could be Night Kingdom

#6: Airlines...?

Nah...

Personally I think Disney is going to pull something out of it's hat and surprise us. Or it could be all a misunderstanding and this is all message board...

HOOPLA!!!

P.S. The message also said that they were going to announce other new things in 2009, so it most likely won't be a new ride or something.

JimboJones123

Yep. That's it right there. Nothing more.
Welcome to Magical Celebrations.:rolleyes:
Does this mean "more" guests in birthday buttons "expecting" something more for wearing them?

My magical celebration in January will be magically spending more in a week at Disney than I earn in 2 months. Quite magical indeed. They will also be promoting the magical luck you will have finding a seat in the only 2 showings of Fantasmic for the week without a Dinner and a Show package.

Also magical will be the fact that a large % of guests will spend more on the DDP than they would if they ate the exact same meals without the plan.

Also magical will be the tower that will be erected before there is even a Contemp. DCA resort announcement. Nobody will even see it coming. SURPRISE. MAGIC!

Also magical will be... ah forget it. The lameness of this is silly. It would be one thing if they were doing some serious expansion, but there is nothing huge on the slate for quite some time.

aharsh218

For me, this is the order in which the plausibility of each rumor ranks:

#1: Easily the Celebrate Today thingy, but with a twist so that it can't be compared to Magical Celebrations

#2: The themed cars

#3: I think that the most plausible "outlandish" rumor is the location based entertainment

#4: Something in the vein of the living character initiative

#5: Could be Night Kingdom

#6: Airlines...?

Nah...

Personally I think Disney is going to pull something out of it's hat and surprise us. Or it could be all a misunderstanding and this is all message board...

HOOPLA!!!

P.S. The message also said that they were going to announce other new things in 2009, so it most likely won't be a new ride or something.

I really doubt it will be the airline. With the current situation with US airlines it would be a big risk. I think it will be regional hotels / entertainment centers.

Scar Junior

No, its probably not an airline.

But it's not out of the question for them to offer a package in which flights are subsidized by the company.

Afterall, don't like 80% of their visitors travel by air? And isn't airline traffic down dramatically?

Don't be surprised if they start to offer something along the lines of a travel subsidy.

MrBug

Don't be surprised if they start to offer something along the lines of a travel subsidy.
I'd be very surprised by that. Unless it's along the lines of those credit card offers -- spend $800 for an airline ticket (that you could get for $300 elsewhere) and your companion flies free!

NoVa Mom

:zipit: Shhhhh! I have a friend who says something Disney is happening either in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Or close to Washington D.C./Old Town Alexandria, VA.

He wont give up much more but maybe it has something to do w/ the announcement??? Could be just hype! We shall all see.......

Disneyson 1

No!!!! Not the wand again...

YES:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:! I LOVE THE WAND! This is great news! The wand is definitely going to make me want to come back to Disney Parks tm with my family and friends to celebrate magical celebrations! This will totally revolutionize America's travel industry! Wait... did the bus driver tell you:confused:? You know it's not legit unless they told you...

:lookaroun
:wave:

Roxas

Yep the bus driver told me

He also told me they're gonna fit a 30 ft stitch to cinderella castle (king kong style) but I was keeping it as a surprise for you guys. :)

Here's what I envision it will look like:

StitchKing.jpg

How awesome is that?

matzb

^ lets hope the giant stitch doesnt happen lol

i hope the announcement that they going to replace mission space with horizons lol or better yet the announcement of the 4th rehab for journey into imagination and the return of dreamfinder

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom