News Disney begins selling cloth face masks featuring Disney characters

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well I need to leave the house to get groceries at the moment. Then maybe at some point during 2020 I may need to return to the office and there may be a rule we need to wear masks to travel on public transport.

...in the context of visiting a non-essential theme park... :facepalm:

Jon81uk

...in the context of visiting a non-essential theme park... :facepalm:

Ah okay. I was originally responding to the person who was referring to wearing a mask to not worry about catching something on a plane or similar, that they may need to consider wearing a mask in general just to leave the house.

I think I then mis-understood what you were referring to when you just wrote "priorites" and I inferred you meant wearing a mask is not a priority whereas it may well become the new normal for the second half of 2020. Sounds like we are actually broadly in agreement, I just got the wrong end of the stick with what you meant, sorry.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Yes everyone has to wear them, which isn't going to happen even if they try to enforce it. But hey, if you're going to Disney you should just plan on getting infected and now you can get infected with some style!

Easy enough. Private property. You don't wear the mask, they ask you to leave.

Part of the requirements to open is for most of the customer facing/interacting employees to wear masks. Not a huge stretch for them to push it on guests as well. Toss a four pack of the masks in with your magic band order. Sell them at the TTC for other guests.

ThatMouse

Easy enough. Private property. You don't wear the mask, they ask you to leave.

How is it easy? I'm saying it technically won't happen, because people will keep taking them off, slip them down below their nose, everyone will pull them down to talk, and kids will be pulling them off. Kids will be the biggest spreaders since they are constantly touching their face. You can't understand people talking thru a mask, so they will be coming off and people will infect themselves as they touch their face to put it on and off.

Jon81uk

How is it easy? I'm saying it technically won't happen, because people will keep taking them off, slip them down below their nose, everyone will pull them down to talk, and kids will be pulling them off. Kids will be the biggest spreaders since they are constantly touching their face. You can't understand people talking thru a mask, so they will be coming off and people will infect themselves as they touch their face to put it on and off.

For many everyday activities mask-wearing may become the norm for the second half of 2020, particularly for those in big urban cities. Therefore even before people arrive to WDW many will be used to wearing them. Look at Hong Kong where masks wearing became quite common after the last SARS outbreak.

Tori

For many everyday activities mask-wearing may become the norm for the second half of 2020, particularly for those in big urban cities. Therefore even before people arrive to WDW many will be used to wearing them. Look at Hong Kong where masks wearing became quite common after the last SARS outbreak.

There's a difference between wearing them to the grocery store and wearing them around a theme park.

KeithVH

How would you know ? Penguins don't wear pants.

WHERE DID MY PANTS GO?
1588361756821.png

KeithVH

Why do we have to categorize wearing masks? Essential (grocery) or non-essential (theme parks). Their purpose are the same anyways. Some people here are so scared of sacrifice and inconvenience. First world problems. I wonder if you can't adapt to changes like this, what more changes on other aspects in life.
Because of the slippery slope. We're going down a path right now that could effectively change the way people interpret law and life in the US. So what if you don't wear a mask? Do you end up with a red A or a six pointed star on you clothing? Will you be asked for your papers (showing your test results)? Who would have thought a few months ago that governors had the chutzpah to try and override the first amendment? Scary times.

Giss Neric

Because of the slippery slope. We're going down a path right now that could effectively change the way people interpret law and life in the US. So what if you don't wear a mask? Do you end up with a red A or a six pointed star on you clothing? Will you be asked for your papers (showing your test results)? Who would have thought a few months ago that governors had the chutzpah to try and override the first amendment? Scary times.
The problem in this country is we have extremes. We have the extreme followers/law abiders and the extreme rule breakers/stubbornness. We can't seem to meet in the middle or be moderate about it.

In other countries, citizens have no choice but to abide by the rules (mandatory wearing of masks on every public place). It's not taking away from their freedom but it's just people care for themselves and others which this country lacks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom