News Disney begins selling cloth face masks featuring Disney characters

eliza61nyc

The problem in this country is we have extremes. We have the extreme followers/law abiders and the extreme rule breakers/stubbornness. We can't seem to meet in the middle or be moderate about it.

In other countries, citizens have no choice but to abide by the rules (mandatory wearing of masks on every public place). It's not taking away from their freedom but it's just people care for themselves and others which this country lacks.

LOL you do realize almost every modern social advancement that has occurred in this country has been due to those so called rule breakers.
So what happens over the next year?? How about the next 5 years?? I'm forced to wear a mask and stay inside in some vain hope that Corona will go away. Never to touch my kids, grandkids again??
I'm just trying to figure out this end point. We're 6 weeks in and more and more folks are getting quarantine fatigue
But I agree that Disney has the right to request whatever they want it is after all their playground. But I have no issues with citizens going up local, state and federal stomping over their freedoms.
Other countries are not my concern right now.

On a lighter note, the mask are cute and I vapplaud folks for just trying to make the best of a bad situation

ImperfectPixie

LOL you do realize almost every modern social advancement that has occurred in this country has been due to those so called rule breakers.
So what happens over the next year?? How about the next 5 years?? I'm forced to wear a mask and stay inside in some vain hope that Corona will go away. Never to touch my kids, grandkids again??

But I agree that Disney has the right to request whatever they want it is after all their playground. But I have no issues with citizens going up local, state and federal stomping over their freedoms.
Other countries are not my concern right now
The problem is that currently this is a case of those "rule-breakers" putting others at risk by their behavior.

Giss Neric

I'm just trying to figure out this end point. We're 6 weeks in and more and more folks are getting quarantine fatigue
Other countries are not my concern right now
But this is a worldwide problem and we can literally compare how each country deals with this problem. Unfortunately, we are one who seems to be the laughing stock right now.

Your mindset is leaning towards anxiety and paranoia. We should deal with life one day at a time and not anticipating the future. If you're pessimistic right now, then you'll definitely be like that next year. You are probably the type who thinks the government is controlling/spying on us.

eliza61nyc

The problem is that currently this is a case of those "rule-breakers" putting others at risk by their behavior.
I understand, I just see this as an exercise in futility. I honestly don't think people are doing this to go around infecting folks, I just think quarantine fatigue has exploded. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, I expect every park and running trail to be swamped.
I'm glad you have no issues staying inside for the rest of the year and wearing a mask everywhere

ImperfectPixie

I understand, I just see this as an exercise in futility. I honestly don't think people are doing this to go around infecting folks, I just think quarantine fatigue has exploded. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, I expect every park and running trail to be swamped.
I'm glad you have no issues staying inside for the rest of the year and wearing a mask everywhere
We aren't staying inside by any stretch of the imagination. And the only time we wear masks is when we can't make sure we're 6' or more from people who don't live in our house.

This is part of the problem...the mask rules aren't nearly as strict as people are making them out to be.

eliza61nyc

But this is a worldwide problem and we can literally compare how each country deals with this problem. Unfortunately, we are one who seems to be the laughing stock right now.

Your mindset is leaning towards anxiety and paranoia. We should deal with life one day at a time and not anticipating the future. If you're pessimistic right now, then you'll definitely be like that next year. You are probably the type who thinks the government is controlling/spying on us.

??? I admit I don't have that much Zen. Yes I worry about the future. I worry how my kids are going to be able to work, I worry about getting a paycheck and paying the mortgage. I don't have the luxury of deciding daily if I want to go to work. I totally admit to wondering about going on vacation 😂 I'm weird that way

eliza61nyc

We aren't staying inside by any stretch of the imagination. And the only time we wear masks is when we can't make sure we're 6' or more from people who don't live in our house.

This is part of the problem...the mask rules aren't nearly as strict as pe

Wait I said 2 post ago that if Disney required mask that I'll wear one, that don't mean I have to like it.
What's the argument??

Giss Neric

??? I admit I don't have that much Zen. Yes I worry about the future. I worry how my kids are going to be able to work, I worry about getting a paycheck and paying the mortgage. I don't have the luxury of deciding daily if I want to go to work. I totally admit to wondering about going on vacation 😂 I'm weird that way

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.

Incomudro

Why do we have to categorize wearing masks? Essential (grocery) or non-essential (theme parks). Their purpose are the same anyways. Some people here are so scared of sacrifice and inconvenience. First world problems. I wonder if you can't adapt to changes like this, what more changes on other aspects in life.

Because in practice in outdoor settings, in use by average people going about their day - where people will be touching them, lowering them, putting them back in place - their effectiveness is likely to be so minimal as to not be worth it.
They're not designed to be used that way, and people are going to repeatedly compromise them.
My wife is an RN, she tells me "We put them on to walk into a room (see a patient etc.) then throw them away."

Incomudro

The problem in this country is we have extremes. We have the extreme followers/law abiders and the extreme rule breakers/stubbornness. We can't seem to meet in the middle or be moderate about it.

In other countries, citizens have no choice but to abide by the rules (mandatory wearing of masks on every public place). It's not taking away from their freedom but it's just people care for themselves and others which this country lacks.

Yeah, in other countries "rule breaking" is not tolerated, because as you say - "no choice."
That's not taking away a persons freedom?
Freedom of Choice DEVO can tell you about it.

ImperfectPixie

Yeah, in other countries "rule breaking" is not tolerated, because as you say - "no choice."
Up here in MA, there is now a $300 fine per violation for not wearing a mask in public (indoors or outdoors) when you cannot maintain at least 6' from others.

Incomudro

Up here in MA, there is now a $300 fine per violation for not wearing a mask in public (indoors or outdoors) when you cannot maintain at least 6' from others.

Wow!
I understand a requirement indoors.
Though I see outdoors states "when you can't maintain at least 6' from others."
There aren't many outdoor locations that fall under that guideline except dense urban locations.

ImperfectPixie

Wow!
I understand a requirement indoors.
Though I see outdoors states "when you can't maintain at least 6' from others."
There aren't many outdoor locations that fall under that guideline except dense urban locations.
Or say in a busy waterfront district? ;)

ETA: I'm in MA, so we have densely populated cities and lots of suburbs with varied densities. Where I live houses are very spread out, but within a few miles of us, the houses are much closer together, then at the waterfront, people are living almost as close as people in the city do.

Giss Neric

It also depends on what country. Some countries they are borderline taking away freedom by dictatorship. Some/most countries the citizens do follow cause it's in their culture. When I visited Japan right after their tsunami you can see how responsible they are. They don't even need rules, it's just they do what's best.

ImperfectPixie

It also depends on what country. Some countries they are borderline taking away freedom by dictatorship. Some/most countries the citizens do follow cause it's in their culture. When I visited Japan right after their tsunami you can see how responsible they are. They don't even need rules, it's just they do what's best.
Instead of what the mentally defective here in the US do? I don't think I've ever seen so many people so determined to do the exact opposite of the best thing for them.

ThatMouse

Americans will not even come close to mask wearing norms of Hong Kong. Americans will openly "hock a lugy" and spit without a second thought, because it is gross to swallow said lugy. It's going to be a giant cluster of people trying to get into the parks, waiting around at their resort trying to get transpiration to whatever park isn't at capacity and only 10% of guests will be wearing their masks properly and not shouting a whistling at each other and stepping on feet and bumping into each other to try to get into a park. But hey enjoy your backordered Disney masks.

Incomudro

No argument with me there.
Cultural differences are tremendous.
I've never been to Japan, the Japanese seem to have a culture of respect and self respect that we here in America don't come close tp approaching.

brb1006

Americans will not even come close to mask wearing norms of Hong Kong. Americans will openly "hock a lugy" and spit without a second thought, because it is gross to swallow said lugy. It's going to be a giant cluster of people trying to get into the parks, waiting around at their resort trying to get transpiration to whatever park isn't at capacity and only 10% of guests will be wearing their masks properly and not shouting a whistling at each other and stepping on feet and bumping into each other to try to get into a park. But hey enjoy your backordered Disney masks.
You mean Japan?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom