Disney Bans Kids from Victoria & ALberts

scottnj1966

Everyone wants a nice quiet place to relax without kids being loud and getting out of hand but I have to say if your looking for that type of envrioment Disney is not the place for you.

I imagine not many Children would be in that restaurant anyway being such a snooty place. So why do this.

I sure hope this is not something they are advertising because it will cause nothing but bad publicity for disney.

Children need to be taught and I'm sorry, you cannot "train" a toddler in an expensive/fancy restaurant. That is to be done in McDonald's and then work your way up to a family place, etc. When they know fully the expectations and then consequences you move on. I'm not saying that there are not some very well behaved younger children in the world, but I really do not want to have to pay a few hundred dollars for a meal only to be serenaded by somebody's cute 3 y/o who just loves his alphabet and a few other songs or worse, decides to run around and ask what everybody else is eating...yep, its happened to us in a few places.

Im sorry, but you got to be a pretty immature adult with no sense of what a dollar is worth, to spend that kind of money on a meal anyway. Thats just crazy! I have NEVER had a meal that I thought was worth that. We have a local steak house where i live that I WILL NOT go to because its almost 50 bucks a person. I had rather give the money away than waste it on a 12 dollar meal.. Just my 2 cents.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Im sorry, but you got to be a pretty immature adult with no sense of what a dollar is worth, to spend that kind of money on a meal anyway. Thats just crazy! I have NEVER had a meal that I thought was worth that. We have a local steak house where i live that I WILL NOT go to because its almost 50 bucks a person. I had rather give the money away than waste it on a 12 dollar meal.. Just my 2 cents.

Tell that to all those people that go to political fund raisers.

You think that everybody that eats at V&A's is immature and money foolish?

nybound

Based on your comment, you may want to save that 2 cents and spend it more wisely.

tigsmom

Hopefully I'm reading you wrong and you are not calling me an immature adult with no sense of what money is worth. :lookaroun

If I choose to spend big bucks on a meal in a five star restaurant - money that I earned by hard work - then that is my business. I have not eaten at V&A because its not my type of place, but yes, I have eaten in restaurants where the total bill is close to $200 for my family...they are special occasion meals not everyday meals.

bugsbunny

Their parents brought a portable DVD player for the kids, and we couldn't even really tell that they were in there.

I went with that stategy with the last visit to WDW with my then 2 year old. I have a Sprint HTC Mogul phone and with the memory card in it, I can store like 10 movies and countless episodes of cartoons. Its a 320x240 screen, but basically the same size as an iPod or Zune.

Worked like a champ for keeping him in his seat at dinner when he got all fidgety!!

mickey&me

Hell when I was 10 and under thats the last freakin place I would wanna be anyways. Give me chicken nuggets and frys and I was GOOOOOD to go.

I think this is part of the problem--some people take little kids to a place the kids don't want to be in the first place. If Mom & Dad (or whoever) want to eat at V&A, bring or hire a sitter (a service provided by some of the resorts).

Testtrack321

Everyone wants a nice quiet place to relax without kids being loud and getting out of hand but I have to say if your looking for that type of envrioment Disney is not the place for you.

I imagine not many Children would be in that restaurant anyway being such a snooty place. So why do this.

I sure hope this is not something they are advertising because it will cause nothing but bad publicity for disney.

Have you possibly considered people like Disney for more than just Fantasyland? Great fun, good food, and a VERY safe environment make it a great place for people to go, so who cares if Disney blocks young kids from going into one restaurant? You even said yourself that not many kids are dying to get into V&A (just adults who either are too lazy and inconsiderate to get a sitter, can't afford one, or want their kids to taste some real culture and food).

Club 33 showed that private adult oriented meals work, so why not V&A?

I'm all for this, but only in places where it makes sense, and in extreme moderation (one spa on property, maybe two or three restaurants, the clubs, etc)

aklodge

:ROFLOL: V&A's is definitely not the only place where it's easy to spend $50/person in WDW. When you become an adult, you can make fun of an adult. It's not like its your place to judge anyone on what they spend their hard earned money on, anyway... :lol:

mousefan1972

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and I would NEVER take them to a place like V & A's. I would be too stressed about them behaving properly to enjoy it, and they wouldn't like the food or the atmosphere. :shrug: I think Disney did a smart thing.

danv3

I think this is great and I hope it can be expanded, at least on a limited basis, into other restaurants. Either something like no young kids after 9:00, or maybe designated nights of the week.

cnymike

Before we do all that, lets extend the FW buffet hours. That's my favorite disney place to eat.

Back on topic, you're right, what kid would want to sit in a resturant for a few hours dressed in a tux?

VoiceGuy07

Just remembered, Palo on the Disney Cruise is also adults only. Don't have a problem with that or V & A implementing this new policy. Have two kids and looking forward to taking them to both when they're ready.

And I'm looking forward to foolishly spending more of my money!

Craig & Lisa

As my wife had said after seeing this thread, "Well, I don't have to worry about going there, YOU wouldn't like it". And, she's right, having to dress up in a suit and eat food that is prepared by someone who has a name, and I could probably make myself at home, by the way I'm a dawm good cook if I do say so myself, and pay way toooo much for that food and atmosphere is not for me. And my sons, ages 11 and 14 would not like it either. Yes I agree that there has to be places for adults only, but also remember there are a number of adventures available for kids only at WDW too.

RonAnnArbor

Frankly, I don't know any 5-star restaurants that permit children. This is a smart move for V&A, since they are going for the adult 5-star restaurant adult crowd, not the general theme park crowd. --

wdwmomof3

With all of the places available to eat at Disney, I see no problem and even welcome places that children are not allowed. I have no plans to dine there anytime soon, but it will be nice when my children are old enough to be able to go out to eat without them while we are there to a special place for adults only. :)

diddy_mouse

I really don't think it's too much to ask for ONE restaurant where adults can enjoy a quiet evening. Numerous couples without children enjoy traveling to WDW just as much as those with kids. Amid all the character dinners, buffets, and other sit-down locations I think it's a wonderful idea to designate a high-end (signature) dining establishment for kids 10 and over.

**minor drift** Recently, DH and I booked a reservation at Flying Fish and we actually didn't see too many kids there. There was only one family that had horrendous children who didn't seem interested in their dinner at all. I think the parents realized they made a mistake and quickly finished their meal then left.
**drift over**

In an establishment like V&A's you go there because you want a culinary adventure. You also might go for a special occassion like a proposal or an anniversary dinner. The last thing I'd want to hear as I'm being asked: "Will you marry me?" is a little kid screaming and running around or announcing they have to use the potty.

Bravo Disney. :sohappy:

TwoTigersMom

**minor drift** Recently, DH and I booked a reservation at Flying Fish and we actually didn't see too many kids there. There was only one family that had horrendous children who didn't seem interested in their dinner at all. I think the parents realized they made a mistake and quickly finished their meal then left.
**drift over**

Ok I was getting a little worried when you mentioned horrendous children. Then when you said they weren't interested in dinner so the parents hurried though it I relaxed a bit :lol:

As I've said before, Flying Fish is ds 6's favorite meal on property. It's a must do for us every trip, usually the first night. I'll admit, my kids have their moments, ok I'm lying they have their weeks, but I think I'm pretty sensitive to it and I nip it in the bud fast. (I'm the mean mommy who lays a wooden spoon on the table as soon as we sit down right next to my silverware :lol:).

I love V&A's as DH and I have "foolishly" spent much of our hard earned money there as well. However, we bring along a grandma or grandpa to baby sit when we go there. The kids do go with us to any and every other restaurant we visit. V&A's is "our time". We usually go on our anniversary/ DH's birthday. So that's our time to relax and be husband and wife instead of Mommy and Daddy.

Brian_B

As my wife had said after seeing this thread, "Well, I don't have to worry about going there, YOU wouldn't like it". And, she's right, having to dress up in a suit and eat food that is prepared by someone who has a name

I like my food prepared by people with absolutely no name whatsoever. I enjoy yelling, "Hey you, with the hat...make me a steak."

I don't like blanket rules such as this, especially since I do believe there exist at least a few precocious kindergarten gourmets out there who would love to dine in this gastronomic bastion of quality...

But private property is private property... And it is a reasonable policy.

I don't think half the people on this board realized how much this response ruled.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom