Disney attraction voice actors

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Also for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger spin or any other parades that use Buzz it's Andrew's brother Stephen Stanton..However Tim Allen did his voice for Toy Story Mania.

According to Wikipedia, it's Pat Fraley. Although it also states that Thurl Ravenscroft was Zurg, so I'm probably just gonna take that with a grain of salt.

sjhym333

Maybe for the Munchkins, but definitely not for the witch. There is a noticeable difference in tone between her voice and Margaret Hamilton's.

Likewise for John Wayne and James Cagney. Not very good voice over work.

John Wayne was voiced by Chad Everett and Cagney was voiced I believe by Frank Gorshin. I don't remember who voiced the witch but it was not Margaret Hamilton's voice from the movie.

FettFan

John Wayne was voiced by Chad Everett and Cagney was voiced I believe by Frank Gorshin. I don't remember who voiced the witch but it was not Margaret Hamilton's voice from the movie.

Really? Frank Gorshin was Cagney?

I mean...I can still tell it's not really Cagney's voice in the ride, but that they got the Riddler makes it unbelievably AWESOME.

Matt_Black

Anyway, some more- Kevin Michael Richardson (no stranger at all to voice acting) and Kevin McDonald reprise their Lilo & Stitch roles for Stitch's Great Escape. The latter case is a great example of wasted talent for that attraction- you go to all the trouble of bringing in a guy who was part of one of the most famous comedy troupes of all time for new dialogue, and you DON'T have him say anything funny?!? Of course, if we started talking about problems with SGE, we'd be here all day....

Brer Panther

Original Poster
That's also Richard Kind, the voice of Molt from A Bug's Life and the Bookworm from Toy Story 3, as the Sarge guy in the queue. Kind of a step down from Tim Curry and Phil Hartman (though, in his defense, Tim Curry is REALLY hard to top).

Last edited:

Matt_Black

That's also Richard Kind, the voice of Molt from A Bug's Life and the Bookworm from Toy Story 3, as the Sarge guy in the queue. Kind of a step down from Tim Curry and Phil Hartman.

To be fair, he is a well-noted character actor with a long filmography, having been in many many films and television shows. Some, not so good, I'll grant you (very few people can have a film of theirs get MST3K-ed and not be suspect), but he seems like a likeable, professional fellow. Also, his "dear friend" George Clooney has played some astoundingly awful practical jokes on him, so I can't begrudge him too much.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
To be fair, he is a well-noted character actor with a long filmography, having been in many many films and television shows. Some, not so good, I'll grant you (very few people can have a film of theirs get MST3K-ed and not be suspect), but he seems like a likeable, professional fellow. Also, his "dear friend" George Clooney has played some astoundingly awful practical jokes on him, so I can't begrudge him too much.

Sorry, I worded that wrong. I really don't have anything against Richard Kind.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I'm not sure if we're restricting this to Walt Disney World attractions or not, but Nick Stewart reprised his role as Brer Bear for the Disneyland version of Splash Mountain. Not for the Disney World version... There it's James Avery, who's also Brer Frog.

FettFan

I'm not sure if we're restricting this to Walt Disney World attractions or not, but Nick Stewart reprised his role as Brer Bear for the Disneyland version of Splash Mountain. Not for the Disney World version... There it's James Avery, who's also Brer Frog.

Hm. Any reason they didn't just bring the audio over from Cali?

Matt_Black

I dunno... Maybe it's because they had new ideas for lines for Brer Bear. As for why Nick Stewart didn't reprise his role (he was still around back then), I don't know.

Scheduling conflicts, personal issues, there are lots of reasons he might not have been able or willing to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom