Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

Tony Perkis

Did it ever occur to you that when it opens, just maybe, that might no longer just be called "Jurassic Park"?
As long as those Jurassic Park entrance signs bookend the lands, then it will be Jurassic Park. It's plain and simple. If Universal wants to change the theme and just make that part of the park their own variation of "Adventureland", then suddenly, it thematically makes sense.

But that's not the reality of today and the reality of the near future.

AEfx

You're not grasping this entirely. The lands aren't generic lands/islands. They're very specific to their own established universes.

Yes, I grasp what you are trying to say, I just think you are way over-thinking this and they fit in together just fine. The JP gate is only on one side, if I recall, making it even less of an "issue".

From the looks of it, UO is in the middle of constructing what just may be the premiere Dark Ride in Orlando (and probably the entire country) - yet again - and nothing seems "lazy" about it, IMO.

GLaDOS

Yes, I grasp what you are trying to say, I just think you are way over-thinking this and they fit in together just fine. The JP gate is only on one side, if I recall, making it even less of an "issue".

They'll be building another arch on the JP side of Kong. Kong will be its own "thing"

From the looks of it, UO is in the middle of constructing what just may be the premiere Dark Ride in Orlando (and probably the entire country) - yet again - and nothing seems "lazy" about it, IMO.

Yea, there's nothing lazy about Kong, though I'm sure some will throw a hissy fit over the use of some 3-D projection.

Tony Perkis

I never once called KONG lazy. I said it's lazy to include it within Jurassic Park - which they aren't - because both have jungle themes.

bhg469

I never once called KONG lazy. I said it's lazy to include it within Jurassic Park - which they aren't - because both have jungle themes.
You can see the tower from tangled while in liberty square. To me that makes seeing king kongs rocks while standing on Jurassic parks rocks not seem so bad. Is it a perfect match? No, but there is at least a little flow. With the success of Jurassic world, who knows what type of expansion might come from it.

lazyboy97o

You can see the tower from tangled while in liberty square. To me that makes seeing king kongs rocks while standing on Jurassic parks rocks not seem so bad. Is it a perfect match? No, but there is at least a little flow. With the success of Jurassic world, who knows what type of expansion might come from it.
He is not taking issue with a blending of the lands, just the fan idea of combining the two because of their similar aesthetics.

Tony Perkis

That's....not the same thing. At all. @lazyboy97o pretty much covered why.

EDIT: why is this laziness being tolerated? I'm actually arguing with people that think Jurassic Park and King Kong/Frozen and Norway exist in the same thematic universe. What the hell? I know I'm not wrong.

Last edited:

AEfx

why is this laziness being tolerated? I'm actually arguing with people that think Jurassic Park and King Kong/Frozen and Norway exist in the same thematic universe. What the hell? I know I'm not wrong.

No, you are being ridiculously pedantic and myopic, though. And unbelievably dramatic ("tolerated" - what, are we supposed to be picketing?), you are acting like they are sticking it in the middle of Hogsmeade.

While I personally think Frozen/Norway conceptually is fine (the capacity is going to be the issue), like I said, I understand why folks object to it, even if I do not agree with them.

However, Jurassic Park/King Kong is an entirely different matter. No one is saying they are part of the same IP. However, what some of us have said is that it's really not a stretch for them to be in proximity in a theme park.

And, if you read the reply about this by @GLaDOS , as I surmised, this would be addressed in-park as well. They are going to put another gate on the other side of the Jurassic attractions, so Kong will be separated.

Like I said from the start, I'm really glad you aren't working on these projects - I would hate for things to be held up over such silliness when this amazing super-U-ticket is getting built right now in record time that will thrill thousands of guests a day, because someone doesn't like that you can see one jungle island with monsters in the distance from another jungle island with monsters.

That's the definition of dangerously obsessive and ridiculously demanding fans.

lazyboy97o

No, you are being ridiculously pedantic and myopic, though. And unbelievably dramatic ("tolerated" - what, are we supposed to be picketing?), you are acting like they are sticking it in the middle of Hogsmeade.

While I personally think Frozen/Norway conceptually is fine (the capacity is going to be the issue), like I said, I understand why folks object to it, even if I do not agree with them.

However, Jurassic Park/King Kong is an entirely different matter. No one is saying they are part of the same IP. However, what some of us have said is that it's really not a stretch for them to be in proximity in a theme park.

And, if you read the reply about this by @GLaDOS , as I surmised, this would be addressed in-park as well. They are going to put another gate on the other side of the Jurassic attractions, so Kong will be separated.

Like I said from the start, I'm really glad you aren't working on these projects - I would hate for things to be held up over such silliness when this amazing super-U-ticket is getting built right now in record time that will thrill thousands of guests a day, because someone doesn't like that you can see one jungle island with monsters in the distance from another jungle island with monsters.

You're arguing against something that was never said.

Mike S

The problem isn't Kong being next to JP. The problem was the idea of using Toon Lagoon as Jurassic expansion which would basically put Skull Island in the middle of Jurassic Park which would be incredibly strange imo.

Tony Perkis

Almost everything you said here was never part of the initial debate.

AEfx

The problem isn't Kong being next to JP. The problem was the idea of using Toon Lagoon as Jurassic expansion which would basically put Skull Island in the middle of Jurassic Park which would be incredibly strange imo.

First, that is new aspect to the discussion - it has not been mentioned yet. Second, this is Universal, man - do you really think that they haven't figured something out yet? I mean, these are the folks that created Hogwarts Express. I'm pretty sure when it's all done, if in fact they use that plot for further Jurassic development (of which right now is only rumor) they will do it justice. No need to freak about it before we even know what the plans are.

Tony Perkis

First, that is new aspect to the discussion - it has not been mentioned yet. Second, this is Universal, man - do you really think that they haven't figured something out yet? I mean, these are the folks that created Hogwarts Express. I'm pretty sure when it's all done, if in fact they use that plot for further Jurassic development (of which right now is only rumor) they will do it justice. No need to freak about it before we even know what the plans are.
This is not a new aspect. This was the initial point of deflection in this discussion.

Mike S

I give you the post that started it all.
Both look so similar in theme (jungle, both have dinos, etc) that guests really wouldn't mind too much IMO. If you've ever listened to the average theme park visitor, they still think Harry Potter/Universal Orlando are at Disney World, etc.

Removing Dudley, Comic Strip Lane and JPRA gives JP/JW a ton of room. You could fit (along with the Trikes plot):
  1. Helicoptours D-ticket (Soarin' esque)
  2. Gyrospheres E-ticket (Mystic Manor esque)
  3. Jeep E-ticket (Spidey/Transformers with the physical sets/AAs of Indiana Jones)
  4. Aviary flying coaster (B&M)
  5. Pteranodon Flyers replaced by Canopy Flyers (passes through Aviary)
  6. Popeye retheme to Jurassic World Rapids Adventure -
  7. Observatory tower with rotating theater concept
  8. Petting Zoo
  9. Revamped Discovery Center
  10. Amber Mine family coaster (SDMT-esque)
  11. Mr. DNA dark ride
  12. Flat ride to replace Pizza Predatoria
4 of those things wouldn't need the expansion area... JPRA could fit the Helicoptours/Gyrospheres and the station for the B&M flyer. Dudley/Comic Strip could fit an observatory tower, the Jeeps and the Amber Mine coaster.

If they're not going to do LOTR there, they ought to go big on JP/JW, while also expanding Marvel into the 'dead zone'. Then split LC between Potter and Seuss.

With all of those IPs crammed into the first two gates, it leaves room for an original 3rd gate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom