Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

lazyboy97o

Roller coasters are "static" items. They are designed specifically to rise, fall, twist, turn, invert, and roll based on a specific set of parameters. There is a lot of science going on when you ride one. That science even extends into the ground and structure composition of the coaster. With perhaps the exception of rerouting a load/unload area or adding a storage spur, it is unwise and not coast effective to "reroute" a coaster....

*1023*
It is not very common with steel coasters but it has been done.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
At Kennywood, Steel Phantom became Phantom's Revenge. And it had some significant layout changes.
While there may be some examples, it is very difficult to reconfigure engineering wise and would require a large expense. The disruption to the area below would also be significant. These things are designed to be put up once and are extensively tested. I did not say it was impossible. I will try to find a thinner blade for the next hair though....

*1023*

mahnamahna101

Other things should happen to free up space for expansion. Namely the removal of Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Plus Spirit is saying the Toon Lagoon Theater (the carnival games with it, most likely) is going to be officially annexed into MSHI's property lines. If that happens, they ought to retheme Popeye to JP/JW, bulldoze Dudley/Comic Strip Lane/JPRA and go wild with the Jurassic World attractions.

Is the Carnage warehouse staying? Bulldozing that and moving Storm Force to where the carnival games in TL are (enclosing it to hide backstage/Popeye) would open up space for a big attraction and something smaller, right?

mahnamahna101

Obv Hulk is being rethemed to Hello Kitty ;)
;)

Really, if they use Doom, the Carnage warehouse, the Toon Lagoon theater and surrounding area, along with the carnival games, that's a huge footprint. You could easily fit an E, a D and a C in all of that. Especially if you move Storm Force to where the TL carnival games used to be.

I'd definitely say Universal could use their own equivalent to ToT (in terms of theming/ride system), and I'd say some sort of high-capacity show is a must for IOA. A third attraction could be something family-friendly - maybe a shoot 'em up dark ride similar to Buzz/TSMM themed to Iron Man/Captain America?

I'm curious to see how they use the space

Bairstow

"Retheme" isn't the best term. It will still be themed to the Hulk, but the theme will be greatly updated and upgraded when all is said and done

Maybe they'll incorporate themed metal detectors and full-body scanners into the new queue and preshow.

airport_security_reaches_new_levels_of_absurdity.jpg

Tony Perkis

Plus Spirit is saying the Toon Lagoon Theater (the carnival games with it, most likely) is going to be officially annexed into MSHI's property lines. If that happens, they ought to retheme Popeye to JP/JW, bulldoze Dudley/Comic Strip Lane/JPRA and go wild with the Jurassic World attractions.

Is the Carnage warehouse staying? Bulldozing that and moving Storm Force to where the carnival games in TL are (enclosing it to hide backstage/Popeye) would open up space for a big attraction and something smaller, right?
Except then you've got Kong and Skull Island separating two Jurassic Park islands.

Frankie The Beer

I thought I read elsewhere Project 611 was related to the Kidzone replacement. But looking through the permits filed recently, the 3 in question being Marvel are not in the Orange County Comptroller just yet. Lots on interesting ones like Forbidden Journey getting corrosion work done and Poseidon getting 6th floor fall protection, but the only thing Marvel was the previously posted Hulk reconditioned accelerator motor replaced, and that document number does not match the 3 posted as Project 611.

mahnamahna101

Except then you've got Kong and Skull Island separating two Jurassic Park islands.
Both look so similar in theme (jungle, both have dinos, etc) that guests really wouldn't mind too much IMO. If you've ever listened to the average theme park visitor, they still think Harry Potter/Universal Orlando are at Disney World, etc.

Removing Dudley, Comic Strip Lane and JPRA gives JP/JW a ton of room. You could fit (along with the Trikes plot):
  1. Helicoptours D-ticket (Soarin' esque)
  2. Gyrospheres E-ticket (Mystic Manor esque)
  3. Jeep E-ticket (Spidey/Transformers with the physical sets/AAs of Indiana Jones)
  4. Aviary flying coaster (B&M)
  5. Pteranodon Flyers replaced by Canopy Flyers (passes through Aviary)
  6. Popeye retheme to Jurassic World Rapids Adventure -
  7. Observatory tower with rotating theater concept
  8. Petting Zoo
  9. Revamped Discovery Center
  10. Amber Mine family coaster (SDMT-esque)
  11. Mr. DNA dark ride
  12. Flat ride to replace Pizza Predatoria
4 of those things wouldn't need the expansion area... JPRA could fit the Helicoptours/Gyrospheres and the station for the B&M flyer. Dudley/Comic Strip could fit an observatory tower, the Jeeps and the Amber Mine coaster.

If they're not going to do LOTR there, they ought to go big on JP/JW, while also expanding Marvel into the 'dead zone'. Then split LC between Potter and Seuss.

With all of those IPs crammed into the first two gates, it leaves room for an original 3rd gate

NJBrandon

I thought I read elsewhere Project 611 was related to the Kidzone replacement. But looking through the permits filed recently, the 3 in question being Marvel are not in the Orange County Comptroller just yet. Lots on interesting ones like Forbidden Journey getting corrosion work done and Poseidon getting 6th floor fall protection, but the only thing Marvel was the previously posted Hulk reconditioned accelerator motor replaced, and that document number does not match the 3 posted as Project 611.

The permits have to be approved by the City of Orlando before you will see them on the comptroller's site. That site only does the Notice of Commencement's and that won't be happening for a little while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom