Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

kylewr86

With regards to the Comcast vs Disney debate I prefer to look at earnings for stability. Disney reported $1.23 while Comcast .81. The size of a company is not always a good way to compare. While Disney has a smaller company per say it is because they streamline processes and get rid of redundencies. Comcast may be bigger but it has more waste and less income so they are in a poorer position even with a bigger pile of cash on hand.

PhotoDave219

I fully expect Disney to have something to announce at D23 for Florida. It may only be Pixar stuff, but I think at the very least that will be announced. I would also expect more details on Avatar and Frozen. It will be interesting to see the reaction of the people in the Arena when they talk about Frozen in Norway... it may be in their best interest to not provide more details on it for fear of looking bad.

For California, I would expect their Marvel addition as well as Star Wars land to be announced.

I still think - pure speculation on my part - Is that Disney might hold off on Star Wars and give them their own Stage. Like a Specific event just to announce Star Wars. Like what Apple does when theyre doing a product launch.

HauntedMansionFLA

I still think - pure speculation on my part - Is that Disney might hold off on Star Wars and give them their own Stage. Like a Specific event just to announce Star Wars. Like what Apple does when theyre doing a product launch.
True, Disney might wait till the opening of the new movie to make an announcement when the fan base is really fired up. Plus give them a little bit of time to do whatever they need to do. Remember, Cameron did made an announcement about AvatarLand at the Toyko D23 to give an update. Should be good stuff after what's been going on at DAK AvatarLand.

hpyhnt 1000

Oh great, so another one of those awkwardly staged PowerPoint presentations where some Disney exec tries desperately to remember which buzz words he/she has to say while Tom Bergeron makes some off color jokes in between.

Magical!

bhg469

I'm a suckered for a good keynote. Google IO is almost as much of a must watch as the Stanley Cup Finals. Same with the E3 big keynotes.

It would be awesome for disney and universal both to do more stuff like this. Lord knows they could fill a theater with bloggers to report it.

PhotoDave219

I'm a suckered for a good keynote. Google IO is almost as much of a must watch as the Stanley Cup Finals. Same with the E3 big keynotes.

It would be awesome for disney and universal both to do more stuff like this. Lord knows they could fill a theater with bloggers to report it.

Star Wars will be as big as they are willing to let it. It will be an insane hit if the imagineering end kicks because we know the marketing wont be a problem.

And the easiest way to start the marketing? A special unveiling of the plans the bothans spies acquired. Many bothans died for these plans.....

bhg469

Star Wars will be as big as they are willing to let it. It will be an insane hit if the imagineering end kicks *** because we know the marketing wont be a problem.

And the easiest way to start the marketing? A special unveiling of the plans the bothans spies acquired. Many bothans died for these plans.....
At this point, I think those bothans are just careless people....

Errrrr creatures

celluloid

Not sure. The humid mist is gone. (as it was a long while before it disappeared) it did get a good cleaning. The lighting on the front may be slightly different but not much in effect.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not sure. The humid mist is gone. (as it was a long while before it disappeared) it did get a good cleaning. The lighting on the front may be slightly different but not much in effect.

I was always underwhelmed by that prop...hoping it would be upgraded to do more stuff.

dstrawn9889

Has it been upgraded at all?
img-thing

tl77

Hmm, well rumors are Hulk will close by HHN. So Universal announcing the move while Disney wallows away with nothing to announce at D23, meaning Universal steals Disney's thunder in Orlando again.

Well Disney has like 5 or 6 Star Wars movies and god only knows how many Marvel movies coming up, and it looks like Universal is getting into the video game business, since their parks now have the right to Nintendo, and Universal Pictures is producing the World of Warcraft movie set to come out next year... which also seems like a pretty good candidate to replace the Hulk coaster

Captain Chaos

Well Disney has like 5 or 6 Star Wars movies and god only knows how many Marvel movies coming up, and it looks like Universal is getting into the video game business, since their parks now have the right to Nintendo, and Universal Pictures is producing the World of Warcraft movie set to come out next year... which also seems like a pretty good candidate to replace the Hulk coaster
You do realize my post was mocking those who are dumb enough to think Marvel is leaving right?

Oh and by the way, Marvel is staying.

tl77

You do realize my post was mocking those who are dumb enough to think Marvel is leaving right?

Oh and by the way, Marvel is staying.

Oh and you do realize that the Marvel characters are "Disney" Characters now right? The same way Princess Leia is a Disney Princess now? Maybe someone would like to explain why Universal is going to spend their money, and eat up land at in their park, to promote their competitions product? Are they going to build a Mickey Mouse Toon-Town as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom