Disney (and others) at the Box Office - Current State of Affairs

Ripken10

Interesting, but just note an increase in theaters doesn't mean actual butts in seats. Yesterday for example it only brought in $68k on 990 theaters, for an average of $69 per theater. This isn't a lot of people seeing it. So I'm not expecting an huge increase in ticket sales just because it has more theaters again.

But since you've put so much expectation on it beating Barbie, I hope it does it. :)
Put me in the camp that I would be shocked if it doesn't beat Barbie at this point. While some may not find this that interesting, as someone that has always watched the box office numbers I do find this interesting and something I have been tracking. After this weekend one would expect it to be around $300,000 to go or less.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Put me in the camp that I would be shocked if it doesn't beat Barbie at this point. While some may not find this that interesting, as someone that has always watched the box office numbers I do find this interesting and something I have been tracking. After this weekend one would expect it to be around $300,000 to go or less.
The biggest factor I think will be when it'll hit D+. Rumors I've been seeing is October 30th, but we'll see.

I'm just of the opinion that DP&W has already exceed all expectations, that this is not really one that is going to make one bit of difference. I just won't be affected either way, as it already broke all other records that mattered. But its important to a poster here so I'm rooting for it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney has a live-action Prince Charming movie in the works (Paul King is apparently signed to direct)? Uhhh...

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

"Let's find the more useless characters and make movies about them. It's brilliant!"

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney has a live-action Prince Charming movie in the works (Paul King is apparently signed to direct)? Uhhh...

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

"Let's find the more useless characters and make movies about them. It's brilliant!"
Here is the article about it -

Its very possible this doesn't end up being a standalone Charming story, we'll see what happens.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thursday previews are out, not much changes as has been the case for most of the month. Smile 2 is really the only new movie out. Next weekend should be more interesting with Venom 3 coming out.

Here are the numbers for Thursday -

1729287968456.png

Also of note, even though DP&W will increase it theater count for this weekend in a last ditch effort before it hits D+, the splash page for DP&W on D+ was updated with the video format specs of its release. This is usually done about a week before it hits the service. So that means it'll hit D+ really soon, I would think next week with fellow MCU adjacent movie Venom 3 releasing in theaters. If not then the week after, as the rumors I've been seeing was for a Oct 30th D+ release.

More on that story here -

Disney Irish

Premium Member

DisneyWarrior27

Thursday previews are out, not much changes as has been the case for most of the month. Smile 2 is really the only new movie out. Next weekend should be more interesting with Venom 3 coming out.

Here are the numbers for Thursday -

View attachment 821179

Also of note, even though DP&W will increase it theater count for this weekend in a last ditch effort before it hits D+, the splash page for DP&W on D+ was updated with the video format specs of its release. This is usually done about a week before it hits the service. So that means it'll hit D+ really soon, I would think next week with fellow MCU adjacent movie Venom 3 releasing in theaters. If not then the week after, as the rumors I've been seeing was for a Oct 30th D+ release.

More on that story here -

I don’t think they drop it on the same day of Agatha’s finale. It would have to be the week after or the week after the election.

TsWade2

While I'm happy for the projections, we'll have to wait and see what happens. But I'd like to remind again that this wasn't make or break for WDAS as it didn't need "saving". The studio would have been fine even if Moana 2 didn't do well, but I'm glad it will so it won't even be an issue.
I know, I just have to say it to make me feel better about last year. ;)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t think they drop it on the same day of Agatha’s finale. It would have to be the week after or the week after the election.
Well see, but I’m not sure why you think they can’t release things at the same time as other content, as they have done so previously. But based on how other movies were previously released, just as the article I posted says, the fact they updated the video formats on the title page indicates it’s likely to release soon. So sometime in the next week or two is my guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom