Disney (and others) at the Box Office - Current State of Affairs

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not marvel, Sunny Jim

The last time he did this “calming influence” crap it still has that studio in shambles…
And nobody is buying - checks ticker - his schtick anymore.

This guy is so past his prime. He’ll be the last to know 😎
The article was about Marvel, so that is what I'm discussing not anything else. If you want to discuss something else please be clear about it and not this vague crap Grandpa.

And your shtick on booting Iger is getting old. We all know you want him gone yesterday, give it a rest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The article was about Marvel, so that is what I'm discussing not anything else. If you want to discuss something else please be clear about it and not this vague crap Grandpa.

And your shtick on booting Iger is getting old. We all know you want him gone yesterday, give it a rest.
…as soon as he’s gone.

Thank god we have him to save “Disney’s soul”, right?

And this is your lowest grade work. This is EXACTLY what he said about LFL in 2018 after they bombed movies. And what a dream that was.
You guys get a discount on the “strategically aloof” classes in this thread?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
…as soon as he’s gone.

Thank god we have him to save “Disney’s soul”, right?

And this is your lowest grade work. This is EXACTLY what he said about LFL in 2018 after they bombed movies. And what a dream that was.
You guys get a discount on the “strategically aloof” classes in this thread?
Well stop being vague in every post and actually post full complete thoughts. And then maybe we'll be able to pick up on what you're talking about.

As for SW, while the shows have been hit or miss, by some accounts SW is better received now than it was 5 years ago. So I think the break in movies has done it some good. And so we'll see how it does when they finally release a new movie.

Back on Marvel, the year break for the MCU (outside of Deadpool) I think will also do it some good.

pigglewiggle

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Better received? How so?
Because they’ve dumped the awful movies they’ve made and every tv thing now leans in HEAVY to OT or prequels…

I actually agree with him there.

But it’s also “diminished”. Not what they could get out of it. Particularly in product which was the whole point of it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Because they’ve dumped the awful movies they’ve made and every tv thing now leans in HEAVY to OT or prequels…

I actually agree with him there.

But it’s also “diminished”. Not what they could get out of it. Particularly in product which was the whole point of it.
Well Filoni/Favre is bridging the gap between is all 3 trilogies, so they aren't leaning that heavily into PT or OT.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You need to watch again.

Everything they’re doing is Jedi +5 or sooner

Is this just an exercise in contradiction?
Nope, you need to go back and watch yourself.

Mando and Bad Batch both have been going into Project Necromancer which leads directly to Snoke/Palp clones on Exegol in ST. Mando/Grogu movie will likely go further into that.

TP2000

Okay, that's good news! $50+ Million domestically, and $130 Million globally from its debut weekend would set it up well for at least breaking even at the $360 Million mark from the global box office.

Fingers crossed they'll give it the 'ol Charlton Heston try, and I'll have monkeys on my doorstep this Halloween! 💰🤞

Miss Rori

The early reception isn't surprising. I've not seen them myself, but the Planet of the Apes reboot series has been this quiet, second-tier success story since Dawn of... : They've never been as talked up or as high-grossing as stuff like the MCU was in its prime, partially because they seem to skew to an older crowd, but they've been consistently well-reviewed.

pigglewiggle

Nothing of substance really, but we just re-watched Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings and what a fun movie.

This is probably the last Marvel movie I really liked.

Minnesota disney fan

$22.2M Friday night for Kingdom of Apes. That is almost the entire domestic opening weekend for Fall Guy. So maybe summer 2024 starts a week late this year, lol. Good start, looking to go over $50M now for the domestic weekend.
They are showing all the old Planet of the Apes movies on TV today - don't remember which station or stations.
They are still fun to watch and I bet this new one is good too:)

TP2000

Hi gang, I hope all of our mothers here had a fabulous weekend! 🥳

Here's the adjust box office for the weekend, where Apes 9 did very strong business with $58 Million domestically, and a global total of $129 Million. Here's the Top 10 box office, plus #18 where The First Omen landed this weekend. Apes 9 and The First Omen are the only movies from any Disney studio until Inside Out 2 arrives a month from now.

Go Ape.jpg

Ominous.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hi gang, I hope all of our mothers here had a fabulous weekend! 🥳

Here's the adjust box office for the weekend, where Apes 9 did very strong business with $58 Million domestically, and a global total of $129 Million. Here's the Top 10 box office, plus #18 where The First Omen landed this weekend. Apes 9 and The First Omen are the only movies from any Disney studio until Inside Out 2 arrives a month from now.

View attachment 785330
View attachment 785331

It’s pretty whack how they publish 25 year old receipts in totals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom