• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

bartholomr4

Disney/Fox/Apple merger??
No.... The conversation was about Apple purchasing media assets.... The Supreme Court ruling (I surmised) and the related court case about Apple’s potential monopoly power within its operating system (forcing companies which sell on apple devices to pay apple 30% of the revenue collected) is a reason why Apple is not buying.....

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Advertisement

Marvel rumoured to be considering multiple ways to introduce Deadpool into the MCU.
Keep in mind this guy has been known to be wrong. And a legit leaker who leaked endgame's plot months ahead of time said Deadpool 3 in Spidey 3 is not a thing (disputing his claim). The leaker also says that Sony desperately wants Venom in Spidey 3. The original deal was for 5 movies. That may be a requirement from Sony to renew the deal. Interesting times ahead.

No.... The conversation was about Apple purchasing media assets.... The Supreme Court ruling (I surmised) and the related court case about Apple’s potential monopoly power within its operating system (forcing companies which sell on apple devices to pay apple 30% of the revenue collected) is a reason why Apple is not buying.....
Apple is not buying...what? I think Apple, Amazon, or Netflix should seriously consider buying Paramount or Columbia (and Disney should consider partnering up with them so they can get the license/rights for certain properties).

Disneyhead'71

Those are the key words right there. I don't know if it's because Mr. King likes it this way or what, but it seems like almost all the movies/series ever made from his books are never as good as they could be. I enjoy most of them, but they just tend to seem cheesy in comparison to the books. (I realize most people tend to think the books are always better - I am counted among them - but the contrast between book/movie seems to be extraordinarily big when it comes to King's works.)

For example, I really did love The Dark Tower movie, but they really chopped the story a ton and I felt like the loss of such large chunks of plot, and of Eddie and Susannah as main characters was a tragedy. It's really the type of book series that is deserving of a series of films.
I LOATHED the Dark Tower movie. So disappointed. But I loved the adaption of Mr. Mercedes on AT&T U-Verse/Direct TV. Brendan Gleeson and Harry Treadway were awesome. If you've read Mr. Mercedes it is worth signing up for the free 30 day trial and binge watching both seasons. Season one is almost a direct adaption of the first book in the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. Season 2 is an adaption of End of Watch, the 3rd book in the trilogy.

BlakeW39

The only thing I really care for is the Marvel stuff tbh. The FOX deal wasn't for IP and truly holds very little of it that would be valuable for a theme park. I do like the recent Apes films and I enjoyed the first Kingsman, however, and I still think the original Ice Age is fantastic and criminally underrated.

Disneyhead'71

The only thing I really care for is the Marvel stuff tbh. The FOX deal wasn't for IP and truly holds very little of it that would be valuable for a theme park. I do like the recent Apes films and I enjoyed the first Kingsman, however, and I still think the original Ice Age is fantastic and criminally underrated.
The first Ice Age movie was better than either Cars movie.

BlakeW39

Oh, that's right, I never saw Cars 3. I also thought Rio was pretty good, but not enough to get me to see Rio 2.
I didn't see 3 either. I think it's on Netflix though. Maybe we should both watch it lol I heard it was better than 2 but that's an unbelievably low bar.

Rio was good. I saw Rio 2, but I don't remember it so I'm guessing it was just..fine.

To add, Blue Sky isn't half bad. I mean they aren't great because Ice Age after 2 and somehow even moreso after 3 was nothing short of abysmal, but as a studio Blue Sky is pretty cool. It's by no meand comparable to Disney or Pixar, but it isn't the atrocity which is Illumination or the tragic Sony animation.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I didn't see 3 either. I think it's on Netflix though. Maybe we should both watch it lol I heard it was better than 2 but that's an unbelievably low bar.

Rio was good. I saw Rio 2, but I don't remember it so I'm guessing it was just..fine.

To add, Blue Sky isn't half bad. I mean they aren't great because Ice Age after 2 and somehow even moreso after 3 was nothing short of abysmal, but as a studio Blue Sky is pretty cool. It's by no meand comparable to Disney or Pixar, but it isn't the atrocity which is Illumination or the tragic Sony animation.
Blue Sky is indeed half bad. It's also half good. But because they make their movies so inexpensively (compared to Disney), almost all of their movies made a good profit, even the bad ones.

brodie999

Marvel may be eyeing John Krasinski, Emily Blunt and Liam Hemsworth as Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman and Human Torch in the MCU Fantastic Four reboot.

Darkprime

Marvel may be eyeing John Krasinski, Emily Blunt and Liam Hemsworth as Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman and Human Torch in the MCU Fantastic Four reboot.

Not really reliable source. Even tho it would be great.

BlakeW39

What about my man the Thing though... 🤔

Top Bottom