News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

Dad 2 M & M

Did that used to be part of the WDW business model? I know people wealthier than me who choose to stay at All Stars or sometimes splurge on Coronado, we prefer the deluxes so we have to plan a little more carefully. It's not Disney's job to make it equal. We all do Disney depending on our budget, preferences, etc. Someone staying in a Poly bungalow for a week with 5 day park hoppers and a dining plan doesn't make my less expensive experience any less valuable or special to me.
Well done
We can afford to stay at the Deluxes, or Mods, but don't see the value. We see it as the savings is a nice dinner EVERY night or t-shirts for all.

And the last time we stayed at the Beach Club, the busing to MK and AK was as bad as any we have EVER experienced....water taxi was very nice to DHS and Epcot.

Anywho, the Value Resorts seem to be a bit more laid back.....especially if you don't mind staying in the back of the Resort.

Last note; we still fly Spirit or Frontier out of ATL.....think of it as a e-ticket without the need of Fastpass+

Dad 2 M & M

My fiance and I are planning to purchase tickets for the January 26th event.

If it were a normal trip we probably wouldn't but it's our honeymoon and the last night of our honeymoon at that. What better way to end it than extra time in Magic Kingdom with lower crowds? It's definitely a splurge and maybe it won't be worth it but we are going to give it a try!
Congratulations! Be sure to rested enough to enjoy the After Hours!! You'll have a blast. I wish the two of you much Pixie Dust throughout your marriage!!

freesvoice

Well done
We can afford to stay at the Deluxes, or Mods, but don't see the value. We see it as the savings is a nice dinner EVERY night or t-shirts for all.

And the last time we stayed at the Beach Club, the busing to MK and AK was as bad as any we have EVER experienced....water taxi was very nice to DHS and Epcot.

Anywho, the Value Resorts seem to be a bit more laid back.....especially if you don't mind staying in the back of the Resort.

Last note; we still fly Spirit or Frontier out of ATL.....think of it as a e-ticket without the need of Fastpass+
We fly frontier too! $42 each way to MCO is a huge $$ saver that lets us spend a little more money elsewhere on vacation.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Congratulations! Be sure to rested enough to enjoy the After Hours!! You'll have a blast. I wish the two of you much Pixie Dust throughout your marriage!!

Thank you so much! We are quite excited about marriage and the honeymoon!

I think the day will be nice- we have breakfast at Ohana and will probably spend sometime at Epcot before a break at the resort for naps and packing! Should be well rested for the late night (and will hopefully sleep on the flight home the next morning).

ToTBellHop

My fiance and I are planning to purchase tickets for the January 26th event.

If it were a normal trip we probably wouldn't but it's our honeymoon and the last night of our honeymoon at that. What better way to end it than extra time in Magic Kingdom with lower crowds? It's definitely a splurge and maybe it won't be worth it but we are going to give it a try!
What better way to spend the last night of a honeymoon? Hmmm

Tony the Tigger

I could see this possibly happening for our very specific situation.

First of all, we love MK at night, always have. Part of that, I guess, was because everybody else would go watch the parade & fireworks, and we would walk-on Pirates, Jungle Cruise, whatever else in that area. We have a lot of fun with that, and it doesn't work as well with EMH. (We hate getting "stuck in the ropes" at closing to get to transportation/our car in the parking lot.)

Second, we are only two adults, so the cost is not outrageous, and if the timeframe is approximatley 5 hours, that's plenty for us at MK, especially if it's not busy, especially at night. Since we typically skip a year between AP's, I was already considering a holiday party event as a temporary "fix." We can do either that or this, maybe stay on property, maybe tack on a day at DS, etc. and have a nice 2-3 day experience with just reduced park time.

The other side of things: I think we'd be bummed if no food places were open (even with the snacks available) or we'd just have to make sure we get a nice dinner at a resort before attending.

Also, if this costs $240 for both without AP's...and we can get FL resident Weekday AP's for about $265-ish(?) each, I have to consider going with AP's instead. The thing is, when we have AP's, every trip ends up being to WDW that year, and we'd like to get some other experiences into the rotation. So, spending that $240 (which, actually, I would have no problem covering with Chase Disney Visa points) gives us our little fix for the year without going overboard, and a more likely overall positive experience without crowds or heat (unless it rains LOL.)

rob0519

I think back fondly on the Pirates and Princesses Party that happened at the same time of year, cost less, lasted longer, and had a great parade and outstanding fireworks. They should really try that again and I honestly wouldn't take too much offense. MK closes early in January/February anyway.

I remember the first Pirates and Princess Party. That may have been the single greatest fireworks display I've ever see. I need to dig out the video tape I made and refresh my memory.

Figmentation

Eh, I bought tickets the the Feb 8th event.
Based on previous reviews of people who went, they loved it.
But yes, the price is high, and when they reduce the price is when people buy the tickets.

BoarderPhreak

So essentially a full day's admission price - for three hours? 🤔 😂

Yeah, no. I'll wait for EMH and plan my days accordingly. Sorry, Disney.

EDIT: To be fair, I have done one Christmas Party in the past... But that at least had value added; free cookies and hot chocolate, party on Main St., much longer hours, etc.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom