News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So essentially a full day's admission price - for three hours? 🤔 😂

Yeah, no. I'll wait for EMH and plan my days accordingly. Sorry, Disney.

EDIT: To be fair, I have done one Christmas Party in the past... But that at least had value added; free cookies and hot chocolate, party on Main St., much longer hours, etc.)
Not quite. It is from 7pm and then three hours after regular close. From previous nights, everything after park close is walk on. Might be worth it to some.

BoarderPhreak

Not quite. It is from 7pm and then three hours after regular close. From previous nights, everything after park close is walk on. Might be worth it to some.
For the 19th, the official hours are "9:00 AM to 8:00 PM" so you essentially get essentially 4 hours.

If you're a resort guest, you get EMH which is "8:00 AM to 9:00 AM" so essentially, 8am to 8pm - 12 hours.

Doesn't seem like a bargain to me. But I stand corrected; there's ice cream and beverages added.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
For the 19th, the official hours are "9:00 AM to 8:00 PM" so you essentially get essentially 4 hours.

If you're a resort guest, you get EMH which is "8:00 AM to 9:00 AM" so essentially, 8am to 8pm - 12 hours.

Doesn't seem like a bargain to me. But I stand corrected; there's ice cream and beverages added.
The biggest appeal is that it’s all walk on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

In three hours with virtually no wait, how many times can you ride 7DMT or SM or Big Thunder?

In a twelve hour day with about an hour wait at each of those, you can ride those rides the same amount of times. The difference is that with the night hours, there is no waiting. With the regular day-ticket, there is 11 hours of standing on line.

BoarderPhreak

The biggest appeal is that it’s all walk on.
Yeah, there's that. I guess if you must go on those dates, that's a good option to have. These extra hours all feel like such a sham though, since so much of the parks are closed, regardless.

In three hours with virtually no wait, how many times can you ride 7DMT or SM or Big Thunder?

In a twelve hour day with about an hour wait at each of those, you can ride those rides the same amount of times. The difference is that with the night hours, there is no waiting. With the regular day-ticket, there is 11 hours of standing on line.
That really depends on the time of year you're there... I've been there plenty of times where wait times were not bad at all to begin with.

rhino4evr

I'm going to Magic Kingdom next Friday during the day. If the fireworks don't actually start until 8pm, and the "extra hours" start at 8pm, how does that exactly work? Do they allow people in to watch the fireworks? Also, how does Disney know who has the extra hours and who doesn't? Wouldn't it be easy to just stick around after the fireworks?

Help me understand how they manage all the people coming in and leaving at the same time?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm going to Magic Kingdom next Friday during the day. If the fireworks don't actually start until 8pm, and the "extra hours" start at 8pm, how does that exactly work? Do they allow people in to watch the fireworks? Also, how does Disney know who has the extra hours and who doesn't? Wouldn't it be easy to just stick around after the fireworks?

Help me understand how they manage all the people coming in and leaving at the same time?
You can enter the park at 7pm with an event ticket.

You need a wrist band to enter any attraction after park close at 8pm

Tony the Tigger

It sounds almost like a holiday party without a specific holiday.

Seems like it can be a decent value and a different experience versus paying almost the same amount for a one day MK ticket.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It sounds almost like a holiday party without a specific holiday.

Seems like it can be a decent value and a different experience versus paying almost the same amount for a one day MK ticket.

The difference is that there's no special entertainment and the crowd is much, much, much less... er, fewer... er, not as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom