News 'Disney After Hours' ticketed event

larandtra

These extra $ ticketed events will always appeal more to the AP/DVC people because at the end of the day, youve already paid for admission for the year and generally can plan for this. I put it up there with the 50$ extra 3 FPs. If it has value to you personally and you choose to do it..Go for it. If they have one available in late march when I am there again, Ill certainly give it consideration.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not quite. It is from 7pm and then three hours after regular close. From previous nights, everything after park close is walk on. Might be worth it to some.

I'll am curious if it will continue to be a hit on remaining days. It isn't unusual for either of the Parties to sell out on their First or Last days. This is a throw back to the days where we could purchase a bracelet to stay in the parks an extra 3 hours for $15 which was awesome on a hot summer night, 36 degrees, not so much.

If Fridays event is anything like the 2 parties every local 'blogger' will be in attendance to write an article or their weekly podcast to cover the first day of hard ticket. We should be seeing countless photos of empty queues and not crowded Tangled bathrooms on twitter.

I agree 3000 people in the MK is pretty surreal. The last day the MK was open before Hurricane Irma Parks shut down we zipped through everything in Epcot transferred to the MK and rode just about everything somethings like Space Mountain multiple times. A total of 9000 people entered the MK that day in the 11 hours it was open. Just don't see that anymore.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I remember E ride night at Magic Kingdom. I think it was $20.00 for each guest. Those E ride nights were fantastic!!!! Oh, how I miss those days.

Depending on what year. This isn't much different than E ride at MK but the price sure is. Rebranding is expensive. ;)

For $12.72 with tax per Adult per night, and $10.60 with tax per Child 3-9 per night, you will be able to enjoy the MK's E-Ticket attractions with super short waits.

guesstimate maximum was 5000 guests; like the parties the maximum does vary especially after a party has to be cancelled prior due to rain, hurricane etc. Our Halloween party was cancelled due to Irma they just dump'd us into the next scheduled party when the parks had reopened.

Little Green Men

We went last week. They had unlimited food at different counter services. We went to the Columbia Harbor House and they had hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chips, the soda fountain, and gingerbread cookies. We also went by Pecos Bill's which had the same food except it had Veggie burgers instead of chicken nuggets and lemon cookies.

There were photo spots with former ride vehicles, I saw Star Jets and Mr. Toad vehicles as well as Herbie the love bug. Most rides had extremely short waits. SDMT was walk on. Longest wait was Big Thunder which was 20 mins. Ice Cream was by Pete's Silly Sideshow where they gave Mickey Premium Bars and Strawberry Ice Bars. They also had a nice firework show for the event.

IMG_7896.JPG
IMG_7907.JPG
IMG_7913.JPG

Flynnwriter

When was getting into the MK after hours with only a very limited crowd capacity once part of the 'included' experience?
Hey smartiepants, we used to stay at Disney World and be in the magic kingdom until 2am for the standard admission. No lines, plenty of room. If everyone keeps paying an extra $100 here and an extra $100 there on top of their admission it will open the floodgates for more upcharging for the expected - just like the airlines.

Flynnwriter

We went last week. They had unlimited food at different counter services. We went to the Columbia Harbor House and they had hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chips, the soda fountain, and gingerbread cookies. We also went by Pecos Bill's which had the same food except it had Veggie burgers instead of chicken nuggets and lemon cookies.

There were photo spots with former ride vehicles, I saw Star Jets and Mr. Toad vehicles as well as Herbie the love bug. Most rides had extremely short waits. SDMT was walk on. Longest wait was Big Thunder which was 20 mins. Ice Cream was by Pete's Silly Sideshow where they gave Mickey Premium Bars and Strawberry Ice Bars. They also had a nice firework show for the event.

View attachment 257441View attachment 257444View attachment 257445
If your idea of value is unlimited chicken nuggets and hot dogs - go wild! Maybe they can bring in clown to make balloon animals and a donkey to take pictures on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey smartiepants, we used to stay at Disney World and be in the magic kingdom until 2am for the standard admission.

Yeah, me, too... in mid-December, if I was paying the premium for being at a resort which provided those EMHs.

Were you there until 2 AM in mid-January?

Isher

View attachment 257441View attachment 257444View attachment 257445
Plus nearly all the rides in the park with minimal waits, rare characters out, firework show for the event, etc but whatever.

Been waiting for one of the smarty pants around here to point out that what you attended is the DVC event Moonlight Magic, NOT Disney After Hours.

I had to register and do it myself...

Little Green Men

The DVC Moonlight Magic event is not the same as the Disney After Hours event... Disney After Hours has its first event tonight.
Been waiting for one of the smarty pants around here to point out that what you attended is the DVC event Moonlight Magic, NOT Disney After Hours.

I had to register and do it myself...
Lol my mistake! I didn't pay close enough attention to the title.

Isher

Glad to give you a reason to create an account ;)

Yep! Thanks. ;)

Been reading for years but never dared to register because you all are intimidating in your Disney knowledge. No way was I going to contribute anything meaningful. Now today, I finally get my chance to flex my knowledge and get beaten to it by mere minutes. Are you kidding me?! :joyfull:

I’m glad you enjoyed Moonlight Magic though. Events like those make me super envious of DVC members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom