Disney After Hours Event

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But also because the price is higher and there is less entertainment the waits are lower. Its the wait times that are the incentive, not the ice cream.
I would say $99-119 could be viable. High enough so its quiet and low wait times. But low enough to feel no worse than buying a standard one day ticket. $75 or lower and the event would get busy.

so basically people are paying extra for other guests to not be there and make it more crowded...

I'd be curious what profit (after costs to operate) they made (or lost)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The people that bought tickets for last night are saying it was worth the price. Walk on at every ride and all the Mickey bars you could eat.

then those mickey bars must have had a little red magic pill inside of them :)

there will always be some who will pay to do this... but for the masses... this is just overpaying for no reason

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
So in short the same experience as an E-Ride night for only $100 more, must be some fekin magical ice cream. Still fandangos will lap it up.

No not at all, have you not been reading. This included admission and E-Ride did not. Some think it was a good deal if you where going to the park for only one day.

DisneyDebRob

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with a blatant cash grab by Disney. If sheep want to have the last of their blood sucked out, so be it. Personally, I feel this is a stupid waste of money. But that is just my opinion.
This is something I would never pay for or do. It's a bad idea all around. But I will criticize Disney for all these big cash events. Let's not criticize the people that want to do it. They can use their cash anyway they want

Wendy Pleakley

The amount of snarky comments and negative attitudes directed towards anyone who would attend this event is ridiculous and petty. Rubes, suckers, sheep, overpaying, are just a few of the terms being applied to people willing to pay $150 for a premium experience.

One could say the same thing about anyone visiting Walt Disney World. $45 buffets that would cost $20 in the real world. $109 to stay at a value resort. $4 for a bottled drink. Cruises that cost double what most lines charge. Buying DVC and never vacationing anywhere else.

When you mock someone who paid $150 to walk onto attractions without waiting for several hours, keep in mind there's someone out there who thinks you're an idiot for paying over $100 to visit a theme park at which you stand in long lines and pay premium prices for mediocre food.

I understand that Disney charges a premium and I have decided that it's worth it to me. Just as I don't want someone lecturing me for dropping a lot of money on a WDW vacation, I'm not going to mock or put down anyone who spent money on this event.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The amount of snarky comments and negative attitudes directed towards anyone who would attend this event is ridiculous and petty. Rubes, suckers, sheep, overpaying, are just a few of the terms being applied to people willing to pay $150 for a premium experience.

One could say the same thing about anyone visiting Walt Disney World. $45 buffets that would cost $20 in the real world. $109 to stay at a value resort. $4 for a bottled drink. Cruises that cost double what most lines charge. Buying DVC and never vacationing anywhere else.

When you mock someone who paid $150 to walk onto attractions without waiting for several hours, keep in mind there's someone out there who thinks you're an idiot for paying over $100 to visit a theme park at which you stand in long lines and pay premium prices for mediocre food.

I understand that Disney charges a premium and I have decided that it's worth it to me. Just as I don't want someone lecturing me for dropping a lot of money on a WDW vacation, I'm not going to mock or put down anyone who spent money on this event.
Well said!!

CaptainAmerica

Premium prices for mediocre food? Really? Disney's food (QS at least) is pretty cheap and very good compared to almost any other entertainment offering. Try walking into a movie theater, Six Flags, or Yankee Stadium and getting a bottle of Coke for $2.50 or half a chicken with barbecue beans and corn bread for $12. You can't.

But yeah I agree with the rest of your point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom