Disney 50th on Yahoo!

askmike1

This is in no way implying WDW is celebrating its 50th. This is a general add for Happiest Celebration on Earth. If it were meant to advertize DL's 50th specifically, it would have said Happiest Homecoming On Earth.

-Michael

Brent

nice ad

I'm very happy about the ad on yahoo!!! My friend that I keep bugging to go to Disney World w/ me (for his first time, hes 21) saw it while checking his mail & saw it as a sign to go w/ me. Thank You Yahoo & Disney!!! I can't wait to start planing our trip for his first magical journey to Disney! :D

Woody13

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
Disneyland is NOT AT ALL a very small experiment, and while WDW has more theme parks and total attractions and is awesome, the atmosphere of WDW is notging compared to the one at Disneyland, Cause at Anaheim is even wayyyy more magical than at WDW, is almost like you feel the spirit of Mr. Disney since you go thru the main Gates and read the Dedication of Disneyland, in his real one and only park that he ever built and experienced and left his heart at. So I am not so sure that WDW is soooo much better than Disneyland, Bigger sure Better no way.
Walt Disney was very disappointed with Disneyland. He described the urban environment that had grown up around his theme park in Anaheim as a "second rate Las Vegas". He particularly disliked the rampant prostitution around the park area. He learned his lesson about not gaining control of the land around Disneyland and with that unfortunate experiment behind him, he set out to correct his original mistake. As a direct result, WDW was born.

WDW is the crown jewel in the Disney empire. Disneyland is the "Stitch" of the Disney empire.

texanspivey

Yeah I went to Disneyland last summer and was highly unimpressed. The park seemed run down and the people there are totally different than the ones who go to WDW. I feel more magic at WDW driving by a billboard than I do at Disneyland. Disneyland feels like an amusement park rather than an all encompassing experience. Granted the rides are classic, but Disneyland didn't do anything for me. Plus Crap-ifornia is a terrible state anyway so there ya go.

1stStarIC2nite

texanspivey said:
Yeah I went to Disneyland last summer and was highly unimpressed. The park seemed run down and the people there are totally different than the ones who go to WDW. I feel more magic at WDW driving by a billboard than I do at Disneyland. Disneyland feels like an amusement park rather than an all encompassing experience. Granted the rides are classic, but Disneyland didn't do anything for me. Plus Crap-ifornia is a terrible state anyway so there ya go.

You obviously haven't seen how the park looks now, thanks to new management (Mr. Ouimet! :D). This might be biased, but DL is in a much better state right now than WDW :zipit:

zjer

Woody13 said:
Disneyland is the "Stitch" of the Disney empire.

Ummmm. No. Sorry, please try again. The correct answer is "Focal Point." I'm not going to help in turning this topic into the Disneyland/Disneyworld argument that happens everytime the two parks are mentioned, but you are horribly wrong. Have you even been to Disneyland?

1stStarIC2nite said:
You obviously haven't seen how the park looks now, thanks to new management (Mr. Ouimet! :D). This might be biased, but DL is in a much better state right now than WDW :zipit:

Agreed!
(However, I must confess that I cancelled my September trip to Disneyland to go to the World)

napnet

Having been to both parks, you could easily spend double the time at WDW than DL and still hav ethings left over to do. There is so much to do at WDW plus you dont have to worry about the urban sprawl right at the back side of DL. I doubt any of the new parks (and future) will ever compare to WDW. They just have so much land out there to build and there is still so much land available in the Orlando area.

dixiegirl

maybe its one of those things that perhaps there is more advertisement for disneyland in cali and places in that area ...i know here in new england for the longest time there were so many ads for six flags......but now we do have lots of ads for disneyworld....but it is funny how if you did'nt know you'd think wdw was haveing their 50th celebration...god can you imagine when they do??!! :sohappy:

Real_Epcot_Fan

Both are awesome

I have absolutely nothing against WDW, i love it to death, just saying that Disneyland for em was even more magical than Disneyland and thats a lot to say. True that Disneyland doesnt have the same amount of parks, attractions and hotels than the World, but not always the Biggest is the best. When i went to Anaheim i didnt see any prostitutes or anything bad around it, yes its rounded by a urban enviorenment but for me once inside, you are transported and the Magic is not affected at all. And prostitution and other things are present everywhere, also in Orlando, but i dont think that it doesnt have anything to do with the parks and the Magic feeling.

I havent been there since 2001, but i have read Mr. Ouimet has done a wonderful job there replacing Cinthia Harris as the Disneyland President, so i guess the Disneyland Resort must be even more beautiful now. And is true that you might not have all the Disney attractions you have at WDW, but also i loved to visit Knotts Berry farm, Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Valencia, besides going to one Anaheim Angels game. And i plan to visit Gene Autry Museum at L.A., Walt Disney Studios at Burbank and Mr. Walt Disney at the Glendale Cemetery. So there are lot of things to do in the beautiful California state as they are at the beautiful Florida State

Woody13

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
When i went to Anaheim i didnt see any prostitutes or anything bad around it...
In his day, Walt Disney complained about seedy tourist traps sprouting up around Disneyland, including prostitution. A police sting operation in February 2004 netted a prostitution ring operating out of an Econo Lodge across the street from Disneyland. Police were tipped off to the brothel by three women, who came forward after being held against their will because they were fed up with being threatened by the head of the ring. The women were illegal immigrants from Mexico, lured to the U.S. with promises of housecleaning jobs, then coerced into the trade by the ringleader, who threatened to tell the women's families of what they were doing.

Maria de la Luz Menjivar has been charged with running “a house of ill fame,” a felony charge of pandering and a misdemeanor charge of running a prostitution ring, and may be prosecuted by the federal government for smuggling. The women who were held against their will and who came forward, are being treated as victims, and are expected to get visas so they may apply for legal residency. According to police, Menjivar was also running another brothel out of the Anaheim Maingate Inn a year ago.

Real_Epcot_Fan

Anyway..

Not Disneyland fault, and if i dont go out looking for prostitutes thats not my problem, i dont care about it, i still rate Disneyland Number 1, where the Magic Began.

Woody13

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
Not Disneyland fault, and if i dont go out looking for prostitutes thats not my problem, i dont care about it, i still rate Disneyland Number 1, where the Magic Began.
Of course it is not the fault of Disneyland. However, as I stated, Walt realized very early that Disneyland was a mistake. He learned from that mistake and then created the park he really wanted.

TheOneVader

Perhaps they should've just called the celebration 50 Years of Disney parks, that way they could focus on Disney World without as much irritation to us Disney Geeks.

Pioneer Hall

It does make total sense that the ad would be geographically accurate. Here in the northeast, more folks are going to go to WDW.

I still see though how DL can be somewhat annoyed. WDW is really taking the majority of the celebration, and DL is just barely getting anything. You can thank a terrible team of management for this up in Disneyland before Ouimet and Rasulo took control.

zjer

I guess Disneyland is getting advertisements

I just recieved a rather large Disneyland Advertisement in my Email. I guess they are doing some sort of Disneyland Ads, even if it is Email SPAM. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom