Disney’s Q3 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hugh sounds like a ton of fun at parties:

"Johnston emphasized the company's commitment to driving productivity and efficiency, stating, "In big companies, my worldview is there's always an opportunity to do more with less, so we're going to continue to go after it aggressively as we can to both deliver the bottom line and to invest back into business with all the great opportunities we have.""

It has to be difficult to feel valued as a CM with comments like that.

Lilofan

"Johnston emphasized the company's commitment to driving productivity and efficiency, stating, "In big companies, my worldview is there's always an opportunity to do more with less, so we're going to continue to go after it aggressively as we can to both deliver the bottom line and to invest back into business with all the great opportunities we have.""

You think it is only at Disney ? That's real world in the workforce. When the boss says to their exec team to make it happen, it is the boss way or the highway.

doctornick

Simple, ESPN still makes money and D+ does not

But this is specifically with direct to consumer (i.e. streaming) which doesn't include the revenue from ESPN the network (i.e. cable/satellite, etc). It is interesting that ESPN+ itself is that profitable as it is pretty much a worthless service IMHO.

Disstevefan1

What attraction requires a LL purchase to ride? You should have the list at the ready since you made the statement.
I am saying you are right!

LL is not needed and folks can ride any attraction they wish whenever they want to, free of charge.

Boy, does that sound like gaslighting... ;)

Slpy3270

Only reason the stock isn't down more is because the parks slowdown was kinda priced in given the stock's gradual decline since the last report. At the very least it had a decent quarter, which can't be said for fellow Dow components Nike and Intel; who knows if the latter will even remain in the Dow next year?

TheMaxRebo

When will Bob talk about all the new stuff that's opening soon and will really turbocharge revenue in the parks?

This weekend, according to this slide presented

20240807_100353.jpg

EricsBiscuit

It’s absolutely true though. There’s always waste, especially in big companies.

bmr1591

I know Avatar experience has been mentioned multiple times in a blue sky way for Disneyland, but am I incorrect in saying this is the first time they've blatantly put it on a slide like this saying it's for sure happening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom