Disney’s Q3 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Q: what's up with DTC ARPU?; what's up again with attendance, esp. per quarter?

CFO: bundling has an effect on ARPU and ad tiers, too.

doctornick

So "no significant churn" in D+ means only 200k additional subscribers, mostly overseas? And content is "more attractive"?

Sure Jan GIF

No, domestic D+ actually increased subscribers -- 800K more this quarter. International "core" actually lost 100K subs while India lost another 500K (which the company doesn't seem to care about). Overall, they actually increased subs year over year despite the subscription rate being higher.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Q: what's up with ad sales?; what's up increased content licensing?

CFO: ad market is healthy, grew 8%, dtc up 20% thanks to sports and DTC; are ad delivery is more targeted for advertisers

Licensing number is mostly BO success.

Tha Realest

Can someone explain how the Olympics and all the tourism it supposedly brings to a city, ie Paris, causes a negative attendance situation at the Paris theme park?
Because participants and spectators flood the gap, and most others avoid the area if at all possible

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No, domestic D+ actually increased subscribers -- 800K more this quarter. International "core" actually lost 100K subs while India lost another 500K (which the company doesn't seem to care about). Overall, they actually increased subs year over year despite the subscription rate being higher.
Ok. I'm meeting hopping, so no time to dig into anything outside of things here. Still seems like the subscribers curve is leveling out.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Last Q: ?? mumbling ??

CFO: we feel good investing in experiences, those segments provide great rate of return, tho, it takes time

ABQ

Because participants and spectators flood the gap, and most others avoid the area if at all possible
So we should expect Disneyland to be down in 4 years? I know these parks aren't apples to apples, but Olympic events and all are scattered and not all surrounding the theme park. Just seems like an excuse for a park that doesn't get much attendance to begin with, speaking of Paris.

doctornick

Ok. I'm meeting hopping, so no time to dig into anything outside of things here. Still seems like the subscribers curve is leveling out.

Yes. I think that at this point their goal is to keep subs where they are as much as possible while increasing what they are charging and they feel that will enable a profit. It seems to me that they have done a good job at retaining customers while increasing prices so I think it is going "according to plan". Doesn't mean they couldn't miscalculate and have the next price increase be the straw that broke the camel's back and loss substantial subscribers.

I do think however that churn isn't as common as people suggest and inertia how things work for a large number of consumers. A lot of people are too lazy to drops and re-add services regularly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom