Disney’s Q3 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Mmmmhmmm…

Now…shall we scan the wide expanse of Disney fandom that expects to be getting $60,000,000,000 in new toys to enjoy…simply because they think this braintrust (used very loosely) loves them?

Take a look at that from the Birds Eye view…they can’t even get people there now. Pour money on it?
I thought for sure the increased attendance Tiana's ride would bring in would justify a 5th gate

Laketravis

careful throwing out all these facts around here....you may offend someone ;)

This is the dominant sort of feedback one will see simply sampling various social media platforms. THIS is what is truly important, as it is the growing, negative perception that one day WDW will have to confront head on:

1723045648411.png

Sir_Cliff

Maybe I'm crazy, but the result for the parks division seems surprisingly solid to me considering all the signs that business has been soft. This is particularly true when compared to Universal, where theme park and resort revenues declined almost 11% last quarter whereas for Disney they actually rose 2%, even if operating profit declined 3%.

This is not to justify all the price gouging, etc., but considering all the articles we've been reading about troubles at the Disney theme parks, their parks and resorts division seems to be holding up better than that of their main competitors. If the decline is all Bob and Josh being idiots, what explains Universal's issues?

Trauma

Maybe I'm crazy, but the result for the parks division seems surprisingly solid to me considering all the signs that business has been soft. This is particularly true when compared to Universal, where theme park and resort revenues declined almost 11% last quarter whereas for Disney they actually rose 2%, even if operating profit declined 3%.

This is not to justify all the price gouging, etc., but considering all the articles we've been reading about troubles at the Disney theme parks, their parks and resorts division seems to be holding up better than that of their main competitors. If the decline is all Bob and Josh being idiots, what explains Universal's issues?
How many people are skipping Universal waiting for the new park?

I know I am.

Remind me what’s Disney is building in the swamps again ?

Lilofan

Facts at times obscure some mindsets.

Andrew25

Even with Universal's rabid expansion plans... they haven't done much to convince folks to visit this year and their recent additions are not "attendance drivers" like VelociCoaster or Hagrid. Minions Land, outside the Cafe, is just a poor addition.

This year's entertainment lineup is stellar... but Universal didn't market it far in advance to convince folks to visit and plan a trip. I think Q3 will be a better indicator of their business. Disney, at the very least, had Tiana & Tron to encourage folks this year.

Universal has also significantly increased hotel pricing over these last few years now, so I'd imagine that is throwing some people off as well.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
How many people are skipping Universal waiting for the new park?

I know I am.

Remind me what’s Disney is building in the swamps again ?
It could very well be linked. (Not all of it, certainly, but some.) Most people don't go to WDW every year or multiple times per year. How many of those families deciding to wait for Epic Universe are planning on doing it as part of a big Disney trip? Probably quite a few.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The results are BECAUSE of the price gouging…that’s the problem

100%

TheMaxRebo

I was definitely expecting - or at least fearing - worse. From an earning standpoint if this is a "bad quarter" that isn't really too terrible. Obviously need to see the trend going forward and then what the response - if anything - will be to try to reverse it. But definitely don't see the sky falling or anything

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DIS currently down over 3% despite all the "good news" and the market being up.

This is certainly a reaction to the bad news about Parks. Perhaps DIS will now pay attention.
The fact it wasn’t good news by any measure might have something to do with that?

I’m gonna be honest for a change here: Disney fans need to grow up (the ones masquerading as adults) and stop believing the crap management is spinning at you.
They don’t have any answers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disney Says It Might Have to Pay Comcast up to $5 Billion More to Buy Out Hulu

Both Comcast and Disney wins as Comcast gets more money and Disney desperately needs Hulu to help its streaming business.
AFAIK, Disney is already getting 100% of Hulu's revenue.

Comcast pulled out of supporting Hulu with NCB/Uni content two years ago (and they have the nerve to make the case on how great Hulu is, therefor, "pay us more").

And with paying Comcast the minimum buyout (~$8B), Disney is the sole owner.

The only thing left is whether that minimum buyout was enough, or Disney has to give Comcast more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom