Disney’s Q3 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

doctornick

OK whatever you say.

LL is not needed and folks can ride any attraction they wish whenever they want to, free of charge. đź‘Ť

With the crowds being what they have been, waits are often tolerable. When I went in June without G+I don't think I waited more than 45 minutes at the worse for anything. That even included a mid morning ride on 7DMT which was only about 20 minutes (they had 30 or 40 minutes posted).

Actually, the worse waits where for Cosmic Rewind using the VQ.

Not saying we didn't wait, but there was nothing that was unbearable. We stayed on property though and did arrive early to the parks and stayed most of the day most days. And of course, we timed things so that we avoided the longest lines when they were at their peak opting to do shorter wait things at those times.

doctornick

Disstevefan1

With the crowds being what they have been, waits are often tolerable. When I went in June without G+I don't think I waited more than 45 minutes at the worse for anything. That even included a mid morning ride on 7DMT which was only about 20 minutes (they had 30 or 40 minutes posted).

Actually, the worse waits where for Cosmic Rewind using the VQ.

Not saying we didn't wait, but there was nothing that was unbearable. We stayed on property though and did arrive early to the parks and stayed most of the day most days. And of course, we timed things so that we avoided the longest lines when they were at their peak opting to do shorter wait things at those times.
When I lose the VQ lottery I must purchase a LL if I want to ride that attraction (if they are not sold out), right?

Disstevefan1

Well, you could try again at 1PM which is usually not as difficult to attain. But I'll be honest we never missed getting a 7am VQ when we tried.
Yup, just gotta keep trying. Too bad there is no standby.

The days of getting on any ride you wish at any time you choose (even if that means standby) are gone forever.

Disstevefan1

According to everyone here that's what people want. Waiting in standby is for suckers
GuestsLoveLL.jpg

Jrb1979

Disney wants fewer people in the parks, because that will increase revenue. So sayeth the only person here who knows all things Disney Parks- and business-related.
I have to laugh every time so hear that line. From day one the Disney Parks were built on having massive crowds to fill the parks.

Money is not made on tickets but guests buying, food, drinks and merch.

They never kept up capacity for the rise in attendance.

DisneyCane

Yup, just gotta keep trying. Too bad there is no standby.

The days of getting on any ride you wish at any time you choose (even if that means standby) are gone forever.
VQ should only be for brand new (under a year old), high demand, headliners to prevent people from re-riding and making the waits crazy long. After 1 year maximum, everything should have a standby line that you can wait in if you want to ride and are willing to wait however long the line is.

Laketravis

If anyone reads this and thinks things are “good” for parks…you are 5150

This should be all anyone needs to read to realize that they will continue to reduce value in order to preserve profit. Every $1 they cut is the equivalent of increasing revenue by $3. It is the sort of short sided, stubborn and misguided near term focus that does far more long term damage than good:

"Revenue increased 2 percent from a year earlier, to $8.4 billion, while operating profit declined 3 percent, to $2.2 billion. Disney blamed a “moderation of consumer demand” that “exceeded our previous expectations,” along with higher costs. Disney said softening demand “could impact the next few quarters.”

Disney added that it was “aggressively managing our cost base.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This should be all anyone needs to read to realize that they will continue to reduce value in order to preserve profit. Every $1 they cut is the equivalent of increasing revenue by $3. It is the sort of short sided, stubborn and misguided near term focus that does far more long term damage than good:

"Revenue increased 2 percent from a year earlier, to $8.4 billion, while operating profit declined 3 percent, to $2.2 billion. Disney blamed a “moderation of consumer demand” that “exceeded our previous expectations,” along with higher costs. Disney said softening demand “could impact the next few quarters.”

Disney added that it was “aggressively managing our cost base.”
Mmmmhmmm…

Now…shall we scan the wide expanse of Disney fandom that expects to be getting $60,000,000,000 in new toys to enjoy…simply because they think this braintrust (used very loosely) loves them?

Take a look at that from the Birds Eye view…they can’t even get people there now. Pour money on it?

Laketravis

Mmmmhmmm…

Now…shall we scan the wide expanse of Disney fandom that expects to be getting $60,000,000,000 in new toys to enjoy…simply because they think this braintrust (used very loosely) loves them?

Take a look at that from the Birds Eye view…they can’t even get people there now. Pour money on it?

Exactly. Just look at the math. Less people spent 2% more yet despite insanely higher prices across the board, profit still declined 3%.

Adding more value isn't even on the bean counters list of remedies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom