Disney’s Q3 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

Lilofan

Unless I’m misunderstanding, the Parks division still made a profit of $2.222B this quarter. That’s less than the same quarter last year that was a profit of $2.297B. I know that $75M isn’t chump change but considering how soft the park attendance has been that seems surprisingly solid to me.
Jacking up prices and guests still willing and are spending.

FutureCEO

How much can Disney Plus and Hulu go up.

1723032045697.png

ABQ

View attachment 807132
I'd like to know as well. Sadly, I give them money for ESPN+ purely for the NHL content, as pathetic as it is. However, I don't know a single normie who pays for any D+/Hulu/ESPN+ content, I know many getting it as part of a deal with their cell phone plan, but with these increases, many of those will likely not renew once the bill hits.

ABQ

Disney's Parks and Experiences Revenue Up in Q3 FY2024, But Operating Income Declines​

"At our Experiences segment, we expect that the demand moderation we saw in our domestic businesses in Q3 could impact the next few quarters."

Lol, demand moderation. Hilariously silly phrase. So can we now all agree that Disney itself is admitting that attendance is down and it's not just anecdotal data?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Lol, demand moderation. Hilariously silly phrase. So can we now all agree that Disney itself is admitting that attendance is down and it's not just anecdotal data?
Literally the whole world knows that, and it has very little to do with Disney in particular.

COVID restrictions plus cash stimulus led to a sugar rush of spending on travel and experiences when everything fully reopened. Now people are broke again.

Last edited:

Andrew25

They've been saying that for the past few quarters now.

This is, however, the first quarter where operating income decreases by 6%. In Q2'23, they actually saw a similar decrease at 13% as well. So while Disney won't be able to provide exact financial details, it's more than likely tied to lower attendance possibly choosing cheaper options (value vs moderate resort, quick service vs table service), but still visiting the resort.

TEA has yet to report their attendance numbers this year... so we shall see.

LSLS

"At our Experiences segment, we expect that the demand moderation we saw in our domestic businesses in Q3 could impact the next few quarters."

What's really interesting on this is that you could almost infer they expect that the opening or Epic next year will help their numbers, and I really am not close to sold that it will happen.

doctornick

View attachment 807132

Personally, I'd say that we are finally getting to the point that pricing should stabilize. $11/mo with ads and $20/mo without ads is pretty appropriate for the content on D+/Hulu and it should be able to be profitable around that point going forward.

That doesn't mean that prices won't go up over time - they will - as we have normal inflation and cost of living increases. But streamers like D+ and Hulu were always way underpriced to start in an effort to draw in subscribers and were unsustainable at cheap prices like under $10/mo without ads. The concept there was always to start off low, get people familiar with the service, then increase to the expected level where it can actually operate in the black going forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom