Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

Slpy3270

Bob said explicitly that they'd be pulling content from D+ and Hulu.
I know that. I'm just saying that they had likely planned that for months. You don't just make a deal like that if you weren't planning a shakeup of Disney+ and Hulu's offerings (especially given Disney's notoriety of being home video-averse outside movies).

LSLS

The problem is as ghost said above…it’s too late for Disney to do anything in Orlando to block that Comcast move.

Time is past.

I know we all go there and have fun - even me - but Iger Inc’s strategies in Florida have been ticking for going on 20 years.

He never “got it”
This. And this is why I never bought into all the hype around the $17 billion number. Disney needed to announce things at least last year if they were doing something major to counter Epic Universe. The fact they scaled BACK tells me they won't do anything major to counter it. Iger's mystique is really falling off fast (remember when cast members were cheering for him in the streets and we heard how all is fixed at Disney when Chapek got canned?).

TP2000

I feel like a few folks here in the NYC area should get in the car ASAP, drive down to the stock exchange right after lunch and yell....

"You guys, most of the 4 million were in India and were only paying 60 cents a month!
They're just mad about cricket, or soccer, or something!"

Bouncin' Back To You!.jpg

CaptainAmerica

I feel like a few folks here in the NYC area should get in the car ASAP, drive down to the stock exchange right after lunch and yell....

"You guys, most of the 4 million were in India and were only paying 60 cents a month!
They're just mad about cricket, or soccer, or something!"

View attachment 715681
The amount of economic destruction brought about by the invention of the DVR cannot be overstated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This. And this is why I never bought into all the hype around the $17 billion number. Disney needed to announce things at least last year if they were doing something major to counter Epic Universe. The fact they scaled BACK tells me they won't do anything major to counter it. Iger's mystique is really falling off fast (remember when cast members were cheering for him in the streets and we heard how all is fixed at Disney when Chapek got canned?).
Canning chapek made sense
Bringing in Iger back over the weekend made sense

Not having a successor named by now makes no sense

Chapek is iger’s fault. 101%. He kept him there while he did his own publicity and then dumped it on him when he got scared and ran like a coward.
Sorry, Bob…you don’t get to say how it goes now. You made it…lay in it

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Huh?

The decrease at Walt Disney World Resort was due to higher costs, partially offset by increased volumes. Higher costs reflected cost inflation, increased expenses associated with new guest offerings and higher depreciation.

The comment on the call was WDW was down and offset by Disneyland. It’s expected WDW may be soft the rest of the year. We’ve already seen plenty of discounts we haven’t seen in the past couple years. I do think it’s a mix of things contributing but I also don’t think Tron itself is getting people to book trips.

Again... huh?

The CFO said in a quarterly call (in which there could be consequences for not telling the truth) that WDW increased in volume (the number of people attending).

I really don't care what The Laughing Place's assessment is. They're not the CFO.

What was down was overall profit due to increased costs.

We're into the 3Q, and if attendance is 'soft' now then it's 'soft,' maybe. But the 2Q (Jan, Feb, Mar) was not soft.

LSLS

Canning chapek made sense
Being in Iger back over the weekend made sense

Not having a successor made by now makes no sense

Chapek is iger’s fault. 101%. He kept him there while he did his own publicity and then dumped it on him when he got scared and ran like a coward.
Sorry, Bob…you don’t get to say how it goes now. You made it…lay in it

I don't disagree it made sense, I'm just laughing at how everything was supposed to change, and the stock price would skyrocket to record highs because of it. BUT, as you said, Chapek was on Iger, and Iger is the one that led the campaign to oust Chapek when he thought things were prime to turn around.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The parks have been ghost towns since 4/15.

But let’s call Bob and get some spin, huh?

Or maybe tight pants is serving popcorn to save some CP outlays?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you want to know everything wrong with WDW just look at the SW Hotel and what they’re doing there.
I’ve been assured it’s awesome…there’s a line out front next to the ashtray and the dumpsters…and they’re shutting it down for half the rest of the year cause they REALLY were due for a rehab👍🏻

Don’t even suggest you can put a price on that “experience”

…you dirty pleb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom