Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

matt9112

As a stockholder I would vote to stop investing in Florida while still maintaining what is there and take the 17 billion dollars to another Southern State. Why invest in a State that clearly doesn't want Disney or its fans. The CFTOD in all its actions have proven they dont want the Disney bubble that fans love. DeSantis refuses to meet with Iger, so Iger has no choice but to cut investments. The only way to resolve this crazy fight is to restore the RCID without the right to build a Nuclear Power Plant and an airport, with a
legislation requiring 20 billion in investments over the next 10 years or the district is disolved. Disney should give a little more and the investment must be required for the districts continuation.

What should be built? Add 2 or 3 attrations to each of the 4 existing parks and water parks. A 5th gate, a minor gate imcluding escape zones and 3rd party attractions like Wonderworks, Titanic Experience, and Dinner Shows like IDrive has. A second minor park should be built between Epcot and Hollywood Studios on the Boardwalk parking lot, a real NJ style boardwalk park (free admission, pay for each ride) with bus service shared with Hollywood Studios. This would also bring added life to the existing Boardwalk clubs. Now for resorts, build the new Epcot Hotel, newly designed Reflections, a real Star Wars resort, and a Marvel Hotel. Yes, as long as the hotel is kept outside of the parks, Disney can build a Marvel Hotel. Finally, WDW should build 2 Broadway Theature with nice seats and put on Broadway Plays at WDW.

Your right Anaheim is sooooo much more business friendly….we have really seen that lately…

Don’t get me wrong I think the governors fight with disney is misplaced but even with this spat they still have more freedom to build/invest/do here than in California. To be fair they could spend that cash in France. I don’t think China is really where you want to put US dollars these days however.

CaptainAmerica

I'll never get over this photograph. It looks like Michael Corleone and Hyman Roth in Havana.

1683814886662.png

Chapek is Fredo. Kevin Mayer was Sonny.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Your right Anaheim is sooooo much more business friendly….we have really seen that lately…

Don’t get me wrong I think the governors fight with disney is misplaced but even with this spat they still have more freedom to build/invest/do here than in California. To be fair they could spend that cash in France. I don’t think China is really where you want to put US dollars these days however.
I didn’t see advocacy of California in there?

But I’ll say it: Newsome would LOVE to stick it to Florida…Get a new deal with more gravy in it done yesterday.

Trauma

Why is everyone so worried about the state of the company, the little mermaid movie is coming out soon 👀
I have been informed multiple times on these forums that Mermaid is a Billion dollar blockbuster.

Also if you don’t like the movie that tells me all I need to know about you !

Anyways let’s get back on topic of how much Bob sucks.

seascape

No, I think it was a passive-aggressive dig at Brian Roberts.
Remeber Brian Roberts paid Disney 19 billion for the Sky Shares Disney owned in the Fox transaction. Roberts grossly overpaid for Sky. Yes he made Disney paid more than they wanted for Fox but I still think it was not as bad a deal as Sky was. In the end Disney paid approximely 45 billion net for Fox not 72 billion.

matt9112

I didn’t see advocacy of California in there?

But I’ll say it: Newsome would LOVE to stick it to Florida…Get a new deal with more gravy in it done yesterday.

He would love to yes I agree. That’s a good point. But currently California isn’t doing a good job keeping other businesses? Are they willing to create a favorable carve out for disney? Don’t city’s have more power with zoning in California than most places? So z they would still need to get Anaheim on board?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom