Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

In the Parks
No
Bandaid on a flesh wound

And nobody is gonna buy it for anywhere near what they did. That’s a write down that Bob would immediately be fired for and he’s not in that stage of his game
Right. He's the one who bought it in the first place. He is incredibly concerned with his legacy, and this would be an incredible embarrassment to him. He's already been brought down from where he was. Between the freefall of all this and the Florida controversy (which I do not believe is going to help him), he's scrambling. He probably wishes he had run for president in 2020.

In the Parks
No
Meanwhile...
1683823183031.png

Casper Gutman

I think I’ve adequately established my “guy who complains about Disney” status, but I have to ask all the posters gloating about the stock falling - what do you think happens if Disney’s stock totally crashes? Do you think that’s a recipe for more investment in the parks? For more spending that doesn’t show an immediate ROI? For more adventurous filmmaking? Or is schadenfreude now our only goal?

The entire streaming saga remains a pretty good argument for why it’s unwise to let a collection of tremendously arrogant, mercurial, easily-panicked herd animals determine the fate of the global economy.

Tha Realest

what do you think happens if Disney’s stock totally crashes? Do you think that’s a recipe for more investment in the parks? For more spending that doesn’t show an immediate ROI? For more adventurous filmmaking? Or is schadenfreude now our only goal?
none of those things you described happened sufficiently during the “fat” years, so we’re not missing out.

Trauma

I think I’ve adequately established my “guy who complains about Disney” status, but I have to ask all the posters gloating about the stock falling - what do you think happens if Disney’s stock totally crashes? Do you think that’s a recipe for more investment in the parks? For more spending that doesn’t show an immediate ROI? For more adventurous filmmaking? Or is schadenfreude now our only goal?

The entire streaming saga remains a pretty good argument for why it’s unwise to let a collection of tremendously arrogant, mercurial, easily-panicked herd animals determine the fate of the global economy.
What do I hope for ?

1: A removal of Bob Iger

2: See #1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom