Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Guard the bin!!!

1683820048932.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't disagree it made sense, I'm just laughing at how everything was supposed to change, and the stock price would skyrocket to record highs because of it. BUT, as you said, Chapek was on Iger, and Iger is the one that led the campaign to oust Chapek when he thought things were prime to turn around.
I guarantee Wall Street wants him fired

I don’t think they’ll do it…but they want him fired

Lucky for Bob

BlakeW39

Basically…the Disney parks model…specifically at wdw…
Was to make mass profits off products driven by satisfaction and Emotion by the customers.

Iger rejected that in accordance with a whacked out consumer economic theory that doesn’t believe in “competition”

So they deliberately have done investment piecemeal to maintain artificial crowd pressures that lead to higher cost “escape” products. Everything is done to “escape” the crowd…instead of pushing it through as it spent en masse.

Well the downside now is they’re so far behind on response capacity and the construction timelines have been fouled to the point that they’re stuck.

They’re one building cycle behind at all times - deliberately - when they invented profiting off being one ahead

Ok…back to quarterlies

Makes sense. I mean certainly I agree that Bob's strategy with the parks has been flawed at best. But they'll find out there's 'competition in Orlando' in 2025 when people like me skip a trip to WDW to go and see Epic Universe... which will somehow have more attractions than the 25 year old DAK and even the ~35 year old DHS.

This. And this is why I never bought into all the hype around the $17 billion number. Disney needed to announce things at least last year if they were doing something major to counter Epic Universe. The fact they scaled BACK tells me they won't do anything major to counter it. Iger's mystique is really falling off fast (remember when cast members were cheering for him in the streets and we heard how all is fixed at Disney when Chapek got canned?).

^^^

They definitely got nothing. Took them how long to build TRON? which exactly two people give a rats about?

Slpy3270

Looks like we already have an idea of what content is getting purged from Disney+ and Hulu.

The Mick is leaving Hulu by the end of the month and moving to Netflix beginning June 1 (at least in the US).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Huh?

The decrease at Walt Disney World Resort was due to higher costs, partially offset by increased volumes. Higher costs reflected cost inflation, increased expenses associated with new guest offerings and higher depreciation.
More people came to WDW, but Disney's operating costs were higher.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry, I didn't chase the replies all the way back up the chain.

FWIW, the main driver of the increased volume was occupied room nights, not attendance.
Again…a red flag.

Every product has a ceiling on price. Making more money off price increases is an awful strategy that they’ve overextended already.

Nobody is paying $500 a night for caribbean.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That’s actually a pretty big red flag…
If they has a strong attendance quarter with economic head winds hanging out there…and STILL posted bad EPS and revenues?

That is not good at all.

Don’t believe me…believe your broker 🤓
It takes a larger employed team to distribute Figment popcorn buckets

Either that or the excess expense of building and destroying Harmonious 👀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Parks didn't post bad revenues, they posted great revenues.

They posted bad costs, which was expected with inflation and will get worse in the short term with the new union deal.
Sorry…that’s my mistake

Revenues are pointless. Parks contribute to stocks with profits and market shares…

So though I flubbed that…the point stands. If their labor and costs are eating up revenues that are based mostly price increases…what do you do now that attendance is falling?

Gonna need a lot of lemmings on the dining plan. More than will actually be there in totality.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Sorry…that’s my mistake

Revenues are pointless. Parks contribute to stocks with profits and market shares…

So though I flubbed that…the point stands. If their labor and costs are eating up revenues that are based mostly price increases…what do you do now that attendance is falling?

Gonna need a lot of lemmings on the dining plan. More than will actually be there in totality.
Disney has backed themselves into a corner in so many ways. While attendance is slowing, Uni is going to be opening up another gate while all you have going on at WDW over the next few years is crickets chirping (and not from Tiana’s salt mine hot sauce beignet log flume)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom