Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

Slpy3270

I get people are saying Iger is "copying the Zaslav strategy" by pulling content to cut costs, except a) that predated Zaslav by years, and b) Zaslav went much farther than that.

He gutted TNT, TBS and truTV into being rerun and sports farms (several shows weren't even allowed to air their final seasons despite being completed), ransacked Cartoon Network, canceled films that were complete or near-complete (RIP Batgirl), and made it clear that the content impairment charges were straight up tax write-offs, as he wanted to take advantage of a post-merger tax opportunity that was to expire by the end of 2022.

seascape

As a stockholder I would vote to stop investing in Florida while still maintaining what is there and take the 17 billion dollars to another Southern State. Why invest in a State that clearly doesn't want Disney or its fans. The CFTOD in all its actions have proven they dont want the Disney bubble that fans love. DeSantis refuses to meet with Iger, so Iger has no choice but to cut investments. The only way to resolve this crazy fight is to restore the RCID without the right to build a Nuclear Power Plant and an airport, with a
legislation requiring 20 billion in investments over the next 10 years or the district is disolved. Disney should give a little more and the investment must be required for the districts continuation.

What should be built? Add 2 or 3 attrations to each of the 4 existing parks and water parks. A 5th gate, a minor gate imcluding escape zones and 3rd party attractions like Wonderworks, Titanic Experience, and Dinner Shows like IDrive has. A second minor park should be built between Epcot and Hollywood Studios on the Boardwalk parking lot, a real NJ style boardwalk park (free admission, pay for each ride) with bus service shared with Hollywood Studios. This would also bring added life to the existing Boardwalk clubs. Now for resorts, build the new Epcot Hotel, newly designed Reflections, a real Star Wars resort, and a Marvel Hotel. Yes, as long as the hotel is kept outside of the parks, Disney can build a Marvel Hotel. Finally, WDW should build 2 Broadway Theature with nice seats and put on Broadway Plays at WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s been a lot of low cost Nat Geo, behind the scenes, and children’s programming, as well as several very dumb specials. Marvel Legends? Rennervations? Star Wars Biomes? Etc.
Not everything has to cost a fortune…

But the problem with disposable subscription services is you have to crank out volume on there…and I’m pretty sure Bob just said that they don’t need more volume “cause they’re special”

Let’s see that play?

But this is also the guy that says everytime they have a failed product that the customer is “too dumb to understand it”…in more vague wording

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Holy crap the stock is crashing.

Bloodbath.
Christine was just sent out to van nuys to buy Bob some grandkids…so he can “retire” and spend more time with them👍🏻
The DOW is down big so far today so not just Disney

Inflation report incoming - when are things going to get better
Inflation is a little down but unemployment is earth…and Credit is still maxed out and defaults are coming…

I don’t know if that’s “bad”…but I’ll stop by the Princeton Econ department later today (no seriously…I’m on the campus in a little bit)…and ask?
Not anytime soon.
7 years overdue for a necessary cyclical recession. It’s just the nuts of it.
The Dow is down less than 1%.

Try again.
Still like a trillion isn’t it? 😎

NotCalledBob

I'm interested now in how they play Destination 23. I think it is fair to say there was some hope that something would be announced for Florida. Moana for DAK, even if not full steam ahead on Beyond Big Thunder Mountain.

However, it would be difficult to maintain the line that they can't invest in Florida because of current circumstances, and then announce big new projects in Florida.

What do we get now? A time filler DisneylandForward 'Blue Sky' presentation?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm interested now in how they play Destination 23. I think it is fair to say there was some hope that something would be announced for Florida. Moana for DAK, even if not full steam ahead on Beyond Big Thunder Mountain.

However, it would be difficult to maintain the line that they can't invest in Florida because of current circumstances, and then announce big new projects in Florida.

They had ZERO plans to build anything of significance in Florida. I can give you an essay on why?…but that’s a tangent.

D23 is a sycophant convention that has little practical meaning. They sell some really expensive merch and get a headline or two and a minor share bump. That’s it.

Trauma

I know it doesn’t make it right, but it would be pretty awesome if DeSantis said he would drop everything as soon as Disney releases detailed plans for the 17B.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know it doesn’t make it right, but it would be pretty awesome if DeSantis said he would drop everything as soon as Disney releases detailed plans for the 17B.
You want “details” of an obvious PR gamut that is intentionally vague to provide Bob a parachute?

…not waiting for that tweet anytime soon 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom