News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

cjkeating

Still a little striking that something that has been under construction for so long still doesn't have a loose release date.
DLP is infamous for not being very open with comms... they are more than happy to not share concept art or even acknowledge projects that are ongoing until they are closer to opening. They are the opposite of WDW that will happily release concept art that will never get built or get revised 10 times before it's finished.

I don't think we'll get a more firm timeframe until 2025/26 packages go on sale in late 2024. However using Rat and Marvel as precedents all signs points to July 2025.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of all Iger strategies, the idea of holding on ramping up the most significant chunk of theme park investment until the end of the decade is the most...bizarre approach to running a business that I've seen in recent times. I struggle to see the business justification. What's the rationale to investors?
His management “Philosophy” is collapsing…pretty much across the board
2023 direct DVC sales are going to the highest they have been since 2011.

2023 sales up to October have already surpassed 2022.
Where you getting that?

Nubs70

One day one of y'all is going to get thrown out of a limo full of strippers. Covered in glitter, ice cream sprinkles, holding an otter on a leash and smelling like a factory tour of the Jack Daniels distillery, you're going to roll to a stop in front of your significant other.

And when that happens, I pray that God grants you the ability to dodge questions the way that Iger just got around talking about WDW attendance.
You forgot smelling like baby powder.

celluloid

One day one of y'all is going to get thrown out of a limo full of strippers. Covered in glitter, ice cream sprinkles, holding an otter on a leash and smelling like a factory tour of the Jack Daniels distillery, you're going to roll to a stop in front of your significant other.

And when that happens, I pray that God grants you the ability to dodge questions the way that Iger just got around talking about WDW attendance.

Man, reminds me that I enjoyed my time at apartment 205 Vista Way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Resales are also at their highest levels
Resell prices have dropped a lot in the last year…

It takes 5 seconds of internet research to determine that.

But the “benchmarks” used were silly.

Zero dvc was sold 2020 into 2021…so sales were starting from scratch

And 2011 was coming out of the housing crash with a lot less contracts available than now.

They have - I believe - 4 properties not “sold out” and it’s been that way for quite awhile now…

That’s not “strong”‘sales

Saying dvc is “strong” right now is simply not true. And their park policies are Royally and publicly &?!%ing with every dvc member

Every…single…one

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Resell prices have dropped a lot in the last year…

It takes 5 seconds of internet research to determine that.

But the “benchmarks” used were silly.

Zero dvc was sold 2020 into 2021…so sales were starting from scratch

And 2011 was coming out of the housing crash with a lot less contracts available than now.

They have - I believe - 4 properties not “sold out” and it’s been that way for quite awhile now…

That’s not “strong”‘sales

Saying dvc is “strong” right now is simply not true. And their park policies are Royally and publicly &?!%ing with every dvc member

Every…single…one
DVC. The best kept secret. Not anymore. Everyone knows it’s half a scam and they don’t really care about you. Just a way to pay for resorts and attempt to consistently add bodies in the parks as they make things worse.

I’m saying this as a DVC member with multiple contracts as well

Lilofan

a
DVC. The best kept secret. Not anymore. Everyone knows it’s half a scam and they don’t really care about you. Just a way to pay for resorts and attempt to consistently add bodies in the parks as they make things worse.

Not a member but some in my area show off that they are. Their cars have that DVC emblem on the back bumper.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It went from “hard to sell” to “you shouldn’t sell it anymore” in 25 years

The most shocking thing about dvc is the last 5 years BOTH bobs have decided they have the runway to “turn the screws on em”

No, no…boys…that’s not how this works. Dvc will not go past the first round…I’d not expect “old key west 2” or anything resembling it. The die cast.

But to be fair to the bobs - why would they care? As the old members fade away and the “new” ones buy before they understand…what good does it do to guys who will be long gone?

That’s “world class” management

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
a
Not a member but some in my area show off that they are. Their cars have that DVC emblem on the back bumper.
That’s always been a bit of the appeal.

Look no further than the boards…many of the longtime, adamant fans fit this bill. Dvc contracts and annual passes are “symbols” of “making it” in life…which it isn’t…but people tend to get distracted from reality…as people do.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it nice staying at those resorts - yes
Is it worth it - debatable
Do you get a lot of perks - no especially considering how much we pay initially and every month

The third part is really draining their good will and customer pool…much more than they’ll admit

Prior to THE PLAGUE…the incentives were pretty consistent and good. Solid value annual passes, tables in wonderland, solid discounts on extras…
Which made total sense since the point of dvc…from day 1…was to get customers who always showed up and always spent. And we/they have.

They’ve honestly treated you like prisoners since.

I honestly don’t know where the points are going now? I imagine a lot are being used in exchange or dumped into rentals. Hard to get a full sense of that data though…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom