News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
he'll still be CEO looking for a successor so that's fair

I've been made privy to a secret around Bob's future plans as CEO:

Harley Quinn Dcuniverse GIF by DC

Currently, 80% of WDI is sequestered to this top-secret project of creating a bio-suit (Project code name: "Bob+ Forever") that will allow him to live for hundreds of years and thus remain CEO while the search for a successor continues.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I've been made privy to a secret around Bob's future plans as CEO:

Harley Quinn Dcuniverse GIF by DC

Currently, 80% of WDI is sequestered to this top-secret project of creating a bio-suit (Project code name: "Bob+ Forever") that will allow him to live for hundreds of years and thus remain CEO while the search for a successor continues.
Bob Forever sounds like the next show to replace Luminous too

el_super

You listed investments open within the last few years that guests on fansites have enjoyed but others have not(although Galaxy's Edge was majority over four ago August 2019) and threw that in. It does not attract the guest for your mention until it is open.

Disney has spent money on it, and it wouldn't make sense to start planning out another expansion in Hong Kong before the current one has opened. So it makes sense that expansion spending would be coming at a later time. That's true for all the parks and resorts.

At any rate, theme parks are a constant and steady investment. The famine and hope the feast is good thing has proven not to work so well. Its giving hungry people chicken and calling it a steak far too often.

It's worked pretty well for them for decades now. Fans want something new every year to keep justifying yearly trips, but the majority of their audience doesn't go every single year (or multiple times per year).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I bought a bunch of DVC points resale and do see the value in it as we would be staying in Deluxe resorts anyway.

It’s not quite ‘the con’ people think it is.

Buying direct for so called ‘perks probably is otherwise I think it’s a sound purchase compared to rack rake hotel prices that continue to go up?

It’s absolutely not a “con” by any means…it’s just that the value becomes more and more off as they charge more and more and cut the legs out from under the benefits

In my “limited” Disney forum experience…I’ve gotten some impressions about “it’s a con”…

It seems to be people who know they should have bought it 20 years ago and missed the boat…or those that really want it but can’t swing $35,000 upfront and $2000 annual for it…

Just “seems”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The amount of “pro-Disney” posters on this thread throwing darts in the last 24 hours gives me renewed faith in humanity…

…the others? …Well seems to trigger a more Orwellian vibe.

MR.Dis

With attendance declining and no new projects being developed what will Disney do? After all even Iger stated that the Parks are the Cash Cow. If we all agree profits need to stay at current levels or better, I see 2 options. Disney either starts to offer massive discounts/incentives to get fannies thru the gates OR they actually do supercharge the investments in Parks to sooner than later. If I was to guess, it will be the first option.

Indy_UK

Seems to me that Iger is just trying to spin the plates another year or so before he can make a quick get away.

Parks are cash cows, so let's not use that money to expand capacity. Leave them raking in money for the handover and let someone else deal with expansions.

Get DTC to a $0.01 profit and call that a successful turn around.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seems to me that Iger is just trying to spin the plates another year or so before he can make a quick get away.

Parks are cash cows, so let's not use that money to expand capacity. Leave them raking in money for the handover and let someone else deal with expansions.

Get DTC to a $0.01 profit and call that a successful turn around.
You just might be on to something here

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Went in the pool once my first weekend, that was enough. Never, ever the hot tub. My name for it was worse than others. Three letters for a pathway of getting disease followed by the word soup.

Human soup with random bits of protein, at least the sea has salinity to kill some of the nasties.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
With attendance declining and no new projects being developed what will Disney do? After all even Iger stated that the Parks are the Cash Cow. If we all agree profits need to stay at current levels or better, I see 2 options. Disney either starts to offer massive discounts/incentives to get fannies thru the gates OR they actually do supercharge the investments in Parks to sooner than later. If I was to guess, it will be the first option.

Or the current option three: Say anything and ride that plane with failing engines into the ground.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’m not saying he wouldn’t be worse…and he’s about 85 anyway…

That doesn’t mean it’s not time to nix Iger. When it’s time…it’s time.

I don't disagree that Disney needs a new CEO - but not with Peltz/Perlmutter's influence. Perlmutter was a mentor to Chapek in regards to "value engineering", and Peltz has more companies he's helped run into the ground than ones he's been successful with. Yes, he's 85, but according to news reports it's his son that is really driving this proxy fight.

Yes, need someone new. But not Peltz or anyone that Peltz thinks would be a good choice.

JIMINYCR

Iger..... "We felt, in looking at the results of the parks, since the returns have been so strong, we felt, why not invest more?"

Heck this is a surprise to no one. Anyone whose been going to Dis has asked for and wanted this for years. We and the parks have been ignored and the profits have been squandered. When Iger and his band of merry followers are blinded to what Uni is doing, what is and isnt working for Dis, and refuse to see whats clearly in front of them then its, Dont look at us...We always knew this was what was needed and we have to play catch up. Hoping we dont see whats taken place just a couple of years ago and on bended knee say Thankyou.

bmr1591

Resell prices have dropped a lot in the last year…

It takes 5 seconds of internet research to determine that.

But the “benchmarks” used were silly.

Zero dvc was sold 2020 into 2021…so sales were starting from scratch

And 2011 was coming out of the housing crash with a lot less contracts available than now.

They have - I believe - 4 properties not “sold out” and it’s been that way for quite awhile now…

That’s not “strong”‘sales

Saying dvc is “strong” right now is simply not true. And their park policies are Royally and publicly &?!%ing with every dvc member

Every…single…one

I called to inquire about DVC months ago, but wasn't interested in the current offerings. When I asked about Boardwalk, they told me they do have contracts available, but any contract they sold me would expire in 2042. That's fine with me. Should be a lot cheaper, right? Nope. The girl told me that it would actually be more expensive to purchase the contract. I quickly got off that phone call. It's like they don't want to sell them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom