News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And yet, how many DVC owners are selling. Seriously considering. New buy of the $$$ Annual pass, two years as out of state, definitely leaning that way. Not the same company. 1996 was a much better vision.
It’s a common thought pattern we hear more and more round here…

…but what’s keeping them from being really exposed is the “…we’re done after these next 3 trips and our pass expires…”

There’s still a smokescreen up

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The more I think about, the more the line about park investments coming "in the back-half of the next decade" really sends the signal that, in Orlando, Universal is far more deserving of your vacation dollar than Disney is these days. What is Disney doing to earn your business, either for the first time or the 10th?

Touchdown

2 more trips and my WDW pass expires (and I book way in advance it’s happening)
-2024 is Universal through October
-Oct 2024-Oct 2025 is DLR
-Oct 2025-Oct 2026 is Universal to see Epic

WDW won’t see me until at least 2026…

diminnie

Genie is also, money grab. So a older single mother, teenager, just can't justify the hit. 50th was a sad joke. We miss the Star Wars screens at Min and Bills at MGM after Fantasmic and the Sunset Blvd interaction. Not one original thought now. Spit out sequel after sequel.

Tha Realest

For those cheering on the falling share price, though, do you think downplaying the investment in the parks plays well or badly with the investors who drive the share price?
The company is hyper fixated on quarter by quarter right now, and they’ve all but said the “investment in the parks” isn’t going to happen until 5+ years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The more I think about, the more the line about park investments coming "in the back-half of the next decade" really sends the signal that, in Orlando, Universal is far more deserving of your vacation dollar than Disney is these days. What is Disney doing to earn your business, either for the first time or the 10th?
It’s one of the biggest failures in Disney management ever…if we don’t parse it

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The company is hyper fixated on quarter by quarter right now, and they’ve all but said the “investment in the parks” isn’t going to happen until 5+ years.

By that time they will be able to judge the impact of Epic Universe on WDW both on the ability to find sufficient employees and attendance numbers.

Tha Realest

One day one of y'all is going to get thrown out of a limo full of strippers. Covered in glitter, ice cream sprinkles, holding an otter on a leash and smelling like a factory tour of the Jack Daniels distillery, you're going to roll to a stop in front of your significant other.
This is so oddly specific I feel like I’ll need to join the new Disney Dish Patreon to learn more.

denyuntilcaught

Of all Iger strategies, the idea of holding on ramping up the most significant chunk of theme park investment until the end of the decade is the most...bizarre approach to running a business that I've seen in recent times. I struggle to see the business justification. What's the rationale to investors?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom