Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2022 Earnings Results Webcast

VJ

So they hope the price increase will benefit them in Q2- so they assume consumers will just tolerate them?
yep, and they will - just like consumers have tolerated price hikes at the parks and resorts

it's gonna take A LOT more for people to wake up and put their money where there mouth is. until then, millions of people are enabling disney to keep doing what they're doing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If it's 3 million at that deep discount, the price increase for that group is from about $3.92/month to $6.67 (if they lock in November 13 for a year before the price hike). That's an increase of $2.75 per month (or about 70%), or $8.250,000 in total per month, or $100,000,000 per year. Not bad. Clearly not enough to make up the deficit on its own.

But if you factor in an average 10% increase (net of those who leave) for the other 43.4 million subscribers, of about .65 per month per subscriber, you get an increase in revenue of $28,000,000 per month or $338,000,000 per year. So that's about $438,000,000 in increased revenue from just the domestic subscriber base.

Perhaps attrition will be larger than my 10% guess, but the numbers are fairly easy to play with.
There is a price ceiling on streaming as it currently stands…even D+

They push it…they’ll see the same struggles as those that came before.

The alternative is spending tens of billions on content each year.

It’s a delicate balance

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
yep, and they will - just like consumers have tolerated price hikes at the parks and resorts

it's gonna take A LOT more for people to wake up and put their money where there mouth is. until then, millions of people are enabling disney to keep doing what they're doing
Many will…

But careful not to confuse parks customers with those of widely available consumer products.

They are not the same…TWDC used to understand that.

Very few people in parks in the big Lens

JoeCamel

Who knows? A hostile takeover cant be any worse than what we have now.

Toyko Disneyland (the BEST Disneypark) is not owned or operated by TWDC.

And we all must remember the company was no longer The Walt Disney Company the moment Walt died.
Bob already did what a hostile takeover would by spending all the cash, taking on debt to buy things. Those are the juicy targets of a takeover, all that is left is to break it up and sell it off unless you really want to know Mickey up close and personal by running the conglomerate. Not a ripe target unless you have money to burn like a very, very few with an insane desire for content.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And we all must remember the company was no longer The Walt Disney Company the moment Walt died.
Let's get in a Merger and Acquisition company to come in. They can sell off those dirty unprofitable streamers. Then sell off each park to a different hedge fund manager. Sell the studios to Netflix, since they don't have their own studios. Sell the ships to Carnival.

There. So much better!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It changed over the years…but there is a direct link to when their “watchdog” died in 2009. Almost linear.

It’s just taken awhile to see the fruits of it

CaptinEO

…because everyone is being overcharged for everything.

We have to read between the lines. Wall Street is demanding price gouging…those that don’t do it enough are penalized.

Uh oh.

All day - however - it’s being given some mystical term…as if it’s a “force of nature”
I think Wall St is more than reasonable for demanding Disney reaches their own targets and numbers they set and repeatedly miss. Remember when they claimed two years ago in an investor call that Disney Plus would have 250 million subscribers by 2023?

The company made crazy expensive investments in the last 10 years, I don't see Fox or Disney + ever getting out of the red.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bob already did what a hostile takeover would by spending all the cash, taking on debt to buy things. Those are the juicy targets of a takeover, all that is left is to break it up and sell it off unless you really want to know Mickey up close and personal by running the conglomerate. Not a ripe target unless you have money to burn like a very, very few.
Only the letter “A”…I’d double down on that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Wall St is more than reasonable for demanding Disney reaches their own targets and numbers they set and repeatedly miss. Remember when they claimed two years ago in an investor call that Disney Plus would have 250 million subscribers by 2023?

The company made crazy expensive investments in the last 10 years, I don't see Fox or Disney + ever getting out of the red.
Disney isn’t worth anywhere close to what it was trading at…is the problem

So the targets were off.

I once wanted to build an f-14 in my back yard…couldn’t quite get the fabrication right.

Disney sells feelings and nostalgia…that’s not well suited to the quarterly chase.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's get in a Merger and Acquisition company to come in. They can sell off those dirty unprofitable streamers. Then sell off each park to a different hedge fund manager. Sell the studios to Netflix, since they don't have their own studios. Sell the ships to Carnival.

There. So much better!
The problem is you and I are laughing…but execs aren’t paid for “long game” any more

They only carry a putter and a wedge in the bag.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Oh man strongly disagree. A Hostile takeover would out of necessity have to load up the company with an unmanageable debt load and sell off substantial divisions we consider intrinsic to the company to pay off those bills while simultaneously investing in basically nothing except 1-2 pet projects the new owners consider essential to whatever they decide to keep. How did the hostile takeover of Six Flags work out? I bet back then a lot of people were thrilled to see any management change at all. Instead they plowed their capital into a chain of hair cutting salons and opening in-park Johnny Rockets locations and stopped investing in rides at all.

I can’t imagine a worse outcome.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Net profit went form $2B to $3B, but because it wasn't as big as Wall Street predicted... SELL!!!
leonardo dicaprio GIF

CaptinEO

Disney isn’t worth anywhere close to what it was trading at…is the problem

So the targets were off.

I once wanted to build an f-14 in my back yard…couldn’t quite get the fabrication right.

Disney sells feelings and nostalgia…that’s not well suited to the quarterly chase.
I think most big companies arent worth their stack valuation either.

Did this call cover their film business? I can't imagine the last 4 pixar movies losing them over a billion dollars combined was brought up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom