Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2022 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None. The growth of Disney's streamers is markedly better than the other streamers.

The statement has Chapek doubly doubly down on streaming. They're not going to contract now.
The first round of gimmick prices for + expire this week…I wonder what that will look like in a few months?
I believe I got my “last chance” renewal offer at the standard double the price 2022 email today?
So unlikely. They've been at this price for a while. Why haven't they been bought yet?
Only a couple of companies really would have a shot at it…
Don’t go past the letter “A” in the alphabet

Animaniac93-98

As a consumer, I enjoy Disney+, but as a business strategy is seems somewhat dubious.

They're hoping it turns a profit in the next 12-18 months (about 4-5 years after launch) because they think they won't see a significant drop in subscribers once they charge more and run ads, or that those will offset such losses.

I wonder if they're thinking of cutting back on new content, or looking for ways to make it cheaper?

Rickcat96

Honestly... and I am an idiot when it comes to our capitalistic systems... but the stock market makes no sense and hasn't made sense in a long time.

I take it all with a grain of salt at this point.
Most investors (that actually matter) were ok with not getting dividends, but last one received was 2019. Getting old

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As a consumer, I enjoy Disney+, but as a business strategy is seems somewhat dubious.

They're hoping it turns a profit in the next 12-18 months (about 4-5 years after launch) because they think they won't see a significant drop in subscribers once they charge more and run ads, or that those will offset such losses.

I wonder if they're thinking of cutting back on new content, or looking for ways to make it cheaper?
The price hikes are a big deal. In addition, the end of the 3 year initial rollout deal that many of us took advantage of is a hidden price increase. Even with a substantial loss of subscribers when the price increase comes in, revenue should increase significantly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney is still spending on infrastructure to bring their streamers into the remaining countries they're moving into.

Once that's done, that extra cost will be gone.

Also, they plan to continue to increase sub fees until it's profitable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom