Disgusting! Stories

US 192

My wife and I had a CM call security on us because we wouldn't stand directly in the "dead center of the room" at HM. It was just us and another couple in the entire room. A manager was called in and we were told the cast member went "too far". We thought she was kidding, but it turns out she was serious.

dkrfla

I have been going to WDW for over 30 years now and have seen guests behaving erratically and rude and just downright nasty to cast members. However I can honestly say that I have never seen or heard a cast member ever be rude to a guest. Direct, firm and occasionally persistent but never rude. Believe me I work with the public and I strive to be as patient and understanding with them as I have seen as Disney cast members be with their guests. Just my thoughts

D~

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I have never had a bad experience with any CM's! I give praise to thsoe of them that go to work and are there until 5am when EMH's are until 4 am (no idesa when they leave for real, just a guess) When we were there Christmas to NYE we went to MK on the 31st and they were open until 4am, we were there until 4, and at about 3:30 we went to the HM and the girl there was great! She held her face so well, and we actually got her to talk to us and she was saying how she had been there since 10am... and thats why she could keep the face so well. I said jokingly to her "THe face must be easy since all you are thinking is "why the F*** are these people still up at 3am".... anyway, got her to smile a bit... she still held the face pretty well...

rainfully

As a CM, I'd like to reverse this one and report a bad guest I had tonight! All I did was smile at her and she yelled at me for laughing at her! :confused: Luckily my manager was standing next to me and saw the whole thing... he knew I didn't do anything. It was honestly completely bizarre.

Fizbain32

Yes, unfortunately I have had one or two less than optimum interactions with CM. But Hey, I deal with the public as well and know how horrible the public can be so I tend to let it slid.

BUT when I meet a CM that amazes me, I ALWAYS make a point of letting someone know.

I've been to Disney World almost 20 times and I only really encountered a rude cast member once.

When boarding Space Ship Earth maybe 8 years ago, a woman directed my family of five--all adults--into just one car. We protested, knowing it would be a tight squeeze, but she ushered us forward on the moving floor ignoring us. I was the one left outside, trying in vain to be the third person in the row of two seats. I kept repeating that I did not fit and in the process the door began to close on my legs. The Cast Member who had insisted on just one car, emergency-stopped the ride and began yelling at me in front of all the boarding passengers. Even though I was embarrassed and apologetic, she grumbled about unruly teens being disrespectful in the park all the time. She very nastily ordered that since I was "playing games" I had to go in a car further in back, far from the rest of my family. I was rather young at the time, and my whole family asked to get out of the car so we wouldn't be separated, but were told that once the door was closed it could not be opened again. I complied and sat, in tears, separated from my family on one of my favorite rides.

Needless to say, I remembered the Cast Member's name and we all walked to the service kiosk in Future World. Relaying the story and how unnecessary it was to be yelled at for an accident in front of so many people, the Cast Members there were all horrified and apologized profusely They even gave us all backstage passes to ride Test Track, the newest ride at the time.
They showed the professionalism, class, and sincere understanding that prevails in all of Disney World, qualities I admire so very much.

I remember last year we were parking at Animal Kingdom in the morning when it gets jam packed. We were told to follow one person, then another until we finally parked. I got out of my parent's car and I overheard a parking guy say to himself S***, when everybody could hear him. I guess the guy was having a bad morning as do other CMs.

Gorjus

(epcot.nut) I have witnessed plenty of guests this way towards CM's and I usually try to joke around with the CM's to at least get them to smile again, so it doesn't affect other people's visits to the Happiest Place on Earth :)

Sadly it isn't people like you that report good cast members, it is people like the rude ones that report cast members.

One night I was trying to keep an area clear so people could have nice photos of the castle during the fireworks. Lots of people wanted this spot for their fireworks viewing location. When I politely asked them to move they were insistant that I couldn't block off that area. Two guests were so upset that they said they would report me. A couple of guests in line made lovely comments that made me smile and even said "I'll report that you were helping us."

Well as you can guess, the nice guests forgot to report me for niceness and the impatient guests did report me. So I got a chatting with by one of my managers who said he would have to report it. I politely explained that it is unfair to report something that is not on record as against the rules (keeping an area clear for firework photos) and as far as I knew was department policy. No idea what happened, all I know is that I never signed anything.

Hrudey3032

I personally have never had any problems with Cast Members in my 9 trips to WDW. But now that I have been reading these forums, I'm sure that subconsciously I will be paying closer attention to their demeanors when I head down there on the 19th of this month. I just hope that I don't overthink about it and instead just have fun----i tend to get a little OCD about these things!!!!!

Your an Idiot :hammer:

DISCLAIMER: I shall call this person anything I want as he is my older little brother and its my god given right as a younger brother to mock him and call him names :lookaroun

DisneyMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeterstx
I have only had one incident of this nature. My wife and I had multi-day park hopper passes. We went to EPCOT and did the whole scan the ticket and do my fingerprint thing to get in. I went through fine, however, my wife was having issues. It would not accept her fingerprint at all.

The rather gruff CM working the turnstile punched a few numbers on the pad and let her in. Wellllll, we headed over to Soarin' to get a FP and...you guessed it...her card wouldn't work. It said her card was invalid.

We marched back up to the turnstile, found the guy, told him what happened and he just looked at us both like - 'hey, you're in da park heeere..whadaya want from me'. BIG MISTAKE. My 5-foot nuthin wife WENT OFF on this guy (short temper, dosage increased, getting better ). I could be mistaken but I think he literally melted into the concrete.

Another CM came over and figured out what happened. The first day we used out passes, my wife used her left thumb. This time she was trying to use her right.

The other CM corrected the issue and off we went. The first turnstile guy quickly disappeared with no apologies or anything.

Bad form, I say, bad form!

I will say, though, we have had no other issues. In general, we have been very lucky!

Whether or not the finger works has nothing to do with getting a fastpass. If the ticket is scanned and you enter on a green light then it is valid for a fastpass. The only way it would be invalid is if it were never scanned or if the ticket was demagnetized and couldn't be read at the fastpass machine. Even then, I would've focused on just getting a FP from the CM working at the machines there and explaining the problem. Much easier than marching back to the front to yell at someone who did what they were supposed to do.
This is not true. I have worked the main entrance and if the finger scan dosn't work it has everything to do with Fast Pass. If your ticket is not scaned properly and the CM overrides the ticket to let you in thats Great, however, this system shows that ticket as not being used. SO.. when you go to get a Fast Pass the Fast Pass ticket will say "Ticket not used for admission". Yes the CM at the FP machine could give a one day FP Key Card to the guest but that dosnt fix the guest problem. The CM at the turnstile should have used a different code when she came thru that resets the guest ticket to the finger she used that day. The CM at the turnstile kinda blew it and read the worng MSG on the screan or was just tring to get the line moving and overrid the sys. It's not the poor CM at FP issue to fix a problem like this, although they have the ability to. The Guest should have been taken care of properly at the enterance the first time.

VoiceGuy07

Have been to WDW many times over the last 20 years and have to agree that rude guests (at least one on every trip) far outweigh a few bad experiences with a cast members.

coasterphil

This is not true. I have worked the main entrance and if the finger scan dosn't work it has everything to do with Fast Pass. If your ticket is not scaned properly and the CM overrides the ticket to let you in thats Great, however, this system shows that ticket as not being used. SO.. when you go to get a Fast Pass the Fast Pass ticket will say "Ticket not used for admission". Yes the CM at the FP machine could give a one day FP Key Card to the guest but that dosnt fix the guest problem. The CM at the turnstile should have used a different code when she came thru that resets the guest ticket to the finger she used that day. The CM at the turnstile kinda blew it and read the worng MSG on the screan or was just tring to get the line moving and overrid the sys. It's not the poor CM at FP issue to fix a problem like this, although they have the ability to. The Guest should have been taken care of properly at the enterance the first time.

I can't believe the CM would have used a total override as opposed to just overriding the biometrics. Either way though, I hardly feel it's a good use of vacation time for a guest to go back and scream at the CM for something that never would've happened if the guest hadn't made a mistake in the first place. Just try and enjoy yourself instead of getting so upset about things. You spent all that money to have fun, not to go around upset about the crowds, the CMs, something being broken, etc. :shrug:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Sadly it isn't people like you that report good cast members, it is people like the rude ones that report cast members.

One night I was trying to keep an area clear so people could have nice photos of the castle during the fireworks. Lots of people wanted this spot for their fireworks viewing location. When I politely asked them to move they were insistant that I couldn't block off that area. Two guests were so upset that they said they would report me. A couple of guests in line made lovely comments that made me smile and even said "I'll report that you were helping us."

Well as you can guess, the nice guests forgot to report me for niceness and the impatient guests did report me. So I got a chatting with by one of my managers who said he would have to report it. I politely explained that it is unfair to report something that is not on record as against the rules (keeping an area clear for firework photos) and as far as I knew was department policy. No idea what happened, all I know is that I never signed anything.

Never inconvenience one guest to convenience another.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I guess I'm lucky too, I don't have any horror stories about cm's. They have been great with any problem I've had. In my experience it is usually the guest that are disgusting in their behaviorto cm's and other guests. NOt me though, of course! :wave:

wedway71

I can honestly say without hesitation that I have NEVER experienced a rude CM. I have been to WDW since 1971-I used to live 3 hours away so can say I have been there about 100 times or so. I have seen some CMS over the course of time that maybe were less then magical such as being super tired or hot but NEVER Rude.

Gorjus

I always look for good in CM's to report about because I am sure people complain more than they compliment. Everytime me and the fiance travel to the world we try to find at least one CM during our visit to make a positive report about, and let me remind you that we travel there quite frequently.

Once again, and I can't say it enough. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE CM's THAT STRIVE TO MAKE EVERY GUESTS TRIP TO THE WORLD EXTRA-MAGICAL!!!

Sincerely,
Patrick

Thanks to you Patrick. We really do appreciate guests like you. I get people all the time that tell me I'm the best photographer they met the whole trip or I'm the best with the children. And that makes me feel good, so personally, my ego has been stroked and I feel good.

From a business standpoint, I REALLY appreciate guests like you because like any big company, in order to do well or fail, there has to be written documentation of your failures or your wonderfulness.

So, if I suck as a CM but once in a blue moon I do something nice for the right guest and they report me, that is nice. But if I'm a good cast member and every time I excel someone reports me, I'm going to start to look REALLY good to my superiors because I'm getting 3 good guest reports a week. And when it comes time for raises and promotions...well, I'll do well.

From a personal standpoint, personal praise is the best. From a business standpoint, written praise is the best.

From a spiritual standpoint, I prefer the rewards in heaven, but in terms of paying my bills on earth and advancing in my company, I prefer the rewards here.

CheshireFigment

I was once reported by a parent as being rude to and yelling at her son, which caused him to cry. This was true.

However, as I told my manager, and was confirmed by other CMs, the child (about 6) had climbed over a fence and was in an unsafe area; I had yelled to get his attention and told him to get back immediately.

I am normally very polite to Guests. If, for some reason, I feel that I may need to be less than polite it will generally be in a situation where Security may have to be called becuase of the Guest actions.

And, BTW, for the OP - There are several ways to override a turnstile. One of them, which the CM probably used, allows entry without a ticket. In that situation, which is probably what happened, the ticket is not charged for an entry and therefore the system does not recognize the Guest as properly being in the Park.

Crazy4WDW1

With over 35+ trips to WDW I'm happy to say I've only ever encountered two CMs that were not so very nice. However, I've have encountered countless rude, obnoxious and foul mouth guests.

I have made it a point at every visit to stop at guest relations to tell them of a special CM that has made my visit wonderful. I give them their name, where they were working, etc. I've filled out countless post card type forms.

All of you on the boards should consider doing the same on your next visit. It only takes 5 minutes or so. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom