Discussion about how paid Fastpass will work

flynnibus

Premium Member
The whiplash will be is if the system enables people to actually shorten their stay, and discourage longer stays.

Imagine the scenario where the parks get to the point where "Dad" decides.... no way I'm doing the parks without line skip.
Then "Dad" says.. "This thing cost me $1000 a day... I'll do it for 2-3 days, but no more then that.. that's crazy"
Then "Dad" realizes... if this lets us do all the rides quickly, won't I get through everything we want to ride in the park in 1 day? Why do I need to be there for a week?

Now Dad tells the family... "We're gonna do WDW, but only for 3 days... the line skip will get us to all the attractions we want". And all the other forms of entertainment that used to be diversions from the big rides will suffer because they can't all have immediate access to line skip. So the people hooked on line-skip will be more inclined to skip those attractions entirely or only do them if they need a filler.

So now Dad blows his wallet out by buying 2 days full of line-skips, but leaves after 3 days, instead of maybe staying longer. And Disney loses out on the longer stay... or maybe Disney sees it as "I ringed him dry even quicker, and now I got faster turnover"

If Disney enables a system where people can basically do a full day of DPA - those people are never going to want to be in the park without it. That's a double edged sword for Disney and their pricing strategy.

correcaminos

Deluxe gets 3 FP per day, moderate 2, value 1, and offsite zero. Offer an add on for AP and a more costly version for off site. Allow per ride or a package deal. Make it similar to USF.

Maybe allow MaxPass to come too.

Jeff4272

Deluxe gets 3 FP per day, moderate 2, value 1, and offsite zero. Offer an add on for AP and a more costly version for off site. Allow per ride or a package deal. Make it similar to USF.

I just think Max Pass is very flawed........How does it work in this scenario:

parks hours 9am-9pm
arrive to park at 11am
attempt to get headliner FP but not available until 7:45pm......

Wait in stand by lines all day long? you cant get another FP until you use the first one?

Just makes zero sense to me.........Why would someone pay a fee for that?

ELG13

I don't mind this idea. I like the onsite guests getting perks based on where they are , AP holders getting a small perk, and off-site getting the higher paid one. I was thinking when disney did this, you'd be able to purchase it by the day. I would probably boat a flat fee for unlimited rides for a day. It wouldn't change how long we stay. I think it would give us the opportunity to park hop more.

correcaminos

I just think Max Pass is very flawed........How does it work in this scenario:

parks hours 9am-9pm
arrive to park at 11am
attempt to get headliner FP but not available until 7:45pm......

Wait in stand by lines all day long? you cant get another FP until you use the first one?

Just makes zero sense to me.........Why would someone pay a fee for that?
You don't have to pay. I'm not against max pass to be fair. In fact I dislike FP+ having to schedule months in advance so MaxPass is an improvement to me.
I’d automatically include this for platinum and platinum plus.
Yep, tier it right along if you like too so that Gold gets a decent option and seasonal tiny options. I don't want to decide exactly what or how often though lol

Much-Pixie-Dust

I would like to see a simple, tiered system that I can effectively use the day with little planning. I like Uni’s EP. I get it included with my hotel stay, so I am not paying a separate fee for it. That works well for my family
I love to plan, but FP+ Is too much planning for me. I want to go a park and not have to plan the rides I most want to do 60+ days in advance.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’d automatically include this for platinum and platinum plus.

Disney doesn't even give it away today to golden oak or Club 33 members... you think they'd devalue themselves by giving away such value to the throngs of AP holders?

Reset the thought of where APs are on the totem pole of Disney committed dollars :)

Jeff4272

We are exact opposite on this one.....That is why i hate Max Pass........Cannot plan in advance........I dont go to parks at rope drop........I want to know i can get 3 headliners FP's (without having to wake up at 6am to get to rope drop)........we usually go to parks from 2pm until closing and I would never get a decent FP in that scenario

drizgirl

We are exact opposite on this one.....That is why i hate Max Pass........Cannot plan in advance........I dont go to parks at rope drop........I want to know i can get 3 headliners FP's (without having to wake up at 6am to get to rope drop)........we usually go to parks from 2pm until closing and I would never get a decent FP in that scenario
You couldn't even get 3 headliners in advance in most of the WDW parks.

Jeff4272

You couldn't even get 3 headliners in advance in most of the WDW parks.
i could at the 60 day mark at MK every time i tried for over 10 years....never once was i not able to get what i wanted............and in the tiered parks, I always got what i wanted within the Tiers

Epcot: would get TT, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space and wait for Soarin and Frozen

AK: Would get FOP, Everest and Safari and standby Navi

HS: Would always get what i wanted (switched recentl;y to the benefit) and would get Slink, RR and TOT

Last edited:

drizgirl

i could at the 60 day mark at MK every time i tried for over 10 years....never once was i not able to get what i wanted............and in the tiered parks, I always got what i wanted within the Tiers
You're the one who said "3 headliners". I'm just saying with the tiers, you weren't getting all headliners.

Sadly though, even the tiered system is looking better and better these days.

CntrlFlPete

Not sure what Disney is planning, but I can't imagine they would give free FP's to hotel guest when they are getting a head start in the AM and then Deluxe gets PM hours -- I assume they see that as the FP benefit -- it's like getting into an after hours event for free so it must be a $200 value right there for Deluxe/DVC guest (but they seem to hint that EMH's are just a gift for the 50th, so maybe I am way off base and they will give something for 18 months and then take it away) -- DLP is charging per ride I believe -- I could see WDW coming up w/ some sort of per ride/per person with cost based on how many minutes of queue one gets to skip -- regardless, I am of the opinion that they can't make it such that the standby queues stop moving at a steady pace (which means they would need to price it high enough to keep it below 20% of the people in attendance)

NickMaio

So much discussion and people getting upset over just speculation... 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Good......WDW marketing department monitors this and other public WDW forums.

It's totally BS what DLP is doing.
That system sounds horrible. What a way to ruin a very expensive vacation.

DLP just got removed from our list of Dis parks because of this.

We really hope WDW does nothing like DLP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom